• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Yes.

Also no, its not the funniest scene, but it has been the internet's favorite one to make videos out of for a little while now. Personally I think the funniest ones are the ones where the whole town is involved... So take your pick there...

There are so many great lines when the town gets together.

One of my favorites is the angry mob going after the "alien". Lenny's line is hilarious and Willie somehow manages to top it.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So much truth here:

Steamed Hams isn't even that funny. There are a multitude of funnier moments in the Simpsons. Entire episodes of the Simpsons from start to finish are funnier.

Homie the Clown ("HE'S SPINNING THE BALL ON HIS FINGER! JUST TAKE IT!")
Marge vs. the Monorail ("But you didn't do anything." "Heh heh. Didn't I?")
Bart Gets an Elephant ("Don't. Praise. The machine.")
Deep Space Homer ("That was non-alcoholic champagne!")

Hell, Steamed Hams isn't even the funniest SKINNER moment in the Simpsons. This entire sequence is funnier.

Damn meme kids with their steamed hams.

Who needs the Quick E Mart,

look on the bright side, at least the kids are using a meme from a classic era of The Simpsons and nothing from Season 10 or later.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

"Excuse me, but pro-active and paradigm? aren't these just buzzwords that dumb people use sound important?"

Tex Murphy

Nov 2, 2017
I quote this one all the time:

Not included in the clip is the best part:

Marge: Homer, watch your mouth.
Homer: I gotta go my damn wiener kids are listening.
Lisa: We are not wieners!

Oct 29, 2017

It's this scene. I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

This is one of dem from too many to list. Sooo many gags and jokes in under two minutes...
The Scarface reference, Marge being proven wrong when Homer suddenly pulls some snooty tea drinking british fella from the pile of sugar and the dramatic monologue. From two minutes you knew the calibre of the Simpsons writers at the time... I mean how many went to Harvard again?

And is it bad if i judge people who only like simplistic jokes in Simpsons?
Guess there are jokes for all levels of people in such a great show.

Also honorable mentions to all of Skinner's Vietnam flashbacks... gets me everytime.

potam

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
can't find the clip, but when bart punches the wall because of single ply toilet paper in maggie makes three

thesuperfunk

Nov 3, 2017
Just looking at the gif slays me.

8XhPaf2.gif

One of my all-time favourites!

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017

Woods: Yeah, like, yeah, OK, great! OK, let's, let's just try that
again, OK? Come on. Hey, come on -- hey! Get over here. OK,
now you're you, I'm me.
Jimbo: [with trepidation] I'm me?
Woods: [grabs his collar] Hey -- don't..._jerk_ me around, fella.

Tom: Now let's look at the crew a little.
Man 2: They're a colorful bunch. They've been dubbed "the Three
Musketeers". Heh heh heh --
Tom: And we laugh legitimately. There's a mathematician, a different
_kind_ of mathematician, and a statistician.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
Homer: How could you? Haven't you learned anything from that guy that gives those sermons in church? Captain What's-his-name. We live in a society of laws, why do you think I took you to see all those Police Academy movies? For fun? Well I didn't hear anybody laughing. Did you? Except at that guy who made sound effects. Vroom. Beep. Honk. Honk. Ha-ha. Where was I? Oh yeah, stay out of my booze.

Oct 27, 2017
This whole sequence was absolutely brilliant, it reminded me of the cost cutting measures used by the local districts when I was in school.

Plus, there's a sign, more relevant now than ever before, about 1:38 into the scene.

But the clincher for me in this is Skinner's "RUN, CHILDREN!!" shout at the end followed by Otto's line, lol. Still slays after all these years.

That quick cut where Uter is about to get beaten to death might be my favorite Simpsons thing ever.

Supau

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure if it's been posted but back on page 1 I went down the Steamed Hams rabbit hole and now I can't breathe.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I absolutely love this clip, and have for years. But if I'm being honest, although it's funny, it's not funny in the way most Simpsons' jokes are. I mean, why didn't Skinner put out the fire when he discovered it? What kind of an excuse is Aurora Borealis? Why does Chalmers accept Skinner's asinine defense, even after he sees the entire house on fire afterwards? Everybody involved here is acting like utter drooling pinheads.

Again, I still like it, and laugh my ass off, but this is a skit that would be more appropriate for the absurd, blatantly idiotic world of Bojack Horseman, than for the Simpsons.

Demmi

Oct 30, 2017
Okay, so I absolutely love this clip, and have for years. But if I'm being honest, although it's funny, it's not funny in the way most Simpsons' jokes are. I mean, why didn't Skinner put out the fire when he discovered it? What kind of an excuse is Aurora Borealis? Why does Chalmers accept Skinner's asinine defense, even after he sees the entire house on fire afterwards? Everybody involved here is acting like utter drooling pinheads.

Again, I still like it, and laugh my ass off, but this is a skit that would be more appropriate for the absurd, blatantly idiotic world of Bojack Horseman, than for the Simpsons.

It's one segment in an episode filled with on-the-nose parodies and surreal vignettes.

I agree that it's a weird one to single out as the 'best Simpson's moment/scene', but in the context of the episode I think it makes perfect sense. The character motivations are intentionally absurd.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The weird part about steamed hams is the Aurura Borealis joke was quoted for years, and then it was like someone just.. extended the quote to both sides of the original to make another one.

MrWhiskers

Oct 27, 2017
I never really understood the craze steamed hams gets. For me it's all about trabopoline and Homer nailing the car that's backing out while screaming "oh no you don't that trampoline is MINE"

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
As I've said already "he was a zombie?" (You killed Zombie Flanders), but also

EFUuc.jpg

Pure fuckin' genius.
Quintessential Homer.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US

I think this one scene has contributed to the slow business of Arby's. And I use to call it "steamed clams" when I was younger.