• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What team are you?

• Team Wiener Mii

Votes: 731 20.9%
  • Team Chibi Robo on fire

Votes: 2,590 74.2%
  • Team Cenation #HustleLoyaltyRespect

Votes: 170 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The release schedule part of the Supplementary Information about Earnings Release (FY 2017 six months) published October 30, 2017 features these titles:
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Yoshi for Nintendo Switch (temp.)
  • Project OCTOPATH TRAVELER (temp.)
  • Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch (temp.)
I would expect some information on these at least. Hopefully will new details on Metroid Prime 4 emerge as well.
Doesn't TPCi follow its own information schedule for Pokemon games? I don't expect that to change with the new one.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we will see Smash until E3. I think we will see mostly stuff we've seen as far as first party. A few more concrete dates on games like Yoshi and Kirby. A few dates for 3rd party titles and a few new third party titles. I would expect to see a port of a Wii U game revealed. It could be Mario Maker I would imagine.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I just want a hint on what day we can expect it. I need to plan so I can take off.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
My guesses for the six new 60 games are

Pikmin

-Smash deluxe or super Mario maker-

Mario and Sonic Olympics

-New ip (story driven action game) or Smash version of Heroes of the storm/ smite-

Wario's Woods

Kid Icarus

Among the $100 sku
Either version Of Smash would get a new joycon color bundle.
Mario and Sonic will get their own joycon bundle.
Fire Emblem will get a collectors edition.
Kid Icarus will get a collectors edition.

All the $75 and $80 games are unannounced official 3rd parties.

The ace attorney wasn't officially announced (it was only mentioned in an investors meeting)but Wolfenstein was.

Scribblenauts showdown will be one of the other announcements. Codemasters will finally announce something. Rainbow siege six is being ported.

I couldn't guess what the other 3rd party games could be.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Fire Emblem Switch Trailer + release date
Octopath Traveler real name + release date
We'll get 3DS stuff like Radiant HIstoria (yeah BOY), SMT, Kirby, etc
No MP4 shown, I think they'll save it for E3
No Pokemon
M+Rabbids story DLC
Awesome indies

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Not always. Pokémon games often appear in Directs.

Not a single Gamefreak-developed Pokemon game has been revealed in a multi-franchise direct. They've all either been revealed in their own Pokemon Direct or outside of a Direct. It's possible they could break tradition with Pokemon for Switch being mentioned at E3, but it's such a massive franchise that I could see them saving it for its own announcement later.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Not a single Gamefreak-developed Pokemon game has been revealed in a multi-franchise direct. They've all either been revealed in their own Pokemon Direct or outside of a Direct. It's possible they could break tradition with Pokemon for Switch being mentioned at E3, but it's such a massive franchise that I could see them saving it for its own announcement later.
I'm not expecting it at all. Mainline Pokémon is big enough to have its own Direct, but we could still see something like Detective Pikachu show up.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping for a full trailer and February release date announcement for Octopath

Plok64

Oct 27, 2017
Now that ARMS DLC is done, I think it's time for the Smash announcement.

I'm also hoping to see a new Retro Studios Donkey Kong game!

papercan

Oct 25, 2017
Pikmin 4
Luigi mansion, either 3ds for switch or actual no.3
Dark souls for switch, probably be the 1st game remastered.

Would love to see retros game but i think they be focusing on donkey kong at e3 so it's perfect to wait....

HOLLOW KNIGHT!!!

Deleted member 16576

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it...GTA 5 makes sense if the new online features are announced for the Switch during this event. Since people love GTA Online, playing that on the go would be a pretty great selling point.

My predictions:
  • Lot's of Kirby and Yoshi gameplay, with both releasing by April
  • Project Octopath Traveler title (probably the same title) reveal and release date with new trailer
  • Nintendo Switch firmware update: new features, themes, etc.
  • A new Wii U port labeled as a Deluxe version.
  • More indie game ports (Hollow Knight release date as well)
  • New colored Joy-Cons
  • 3rd party port updates (Wolfenstein II, if we're lucky we'll get some Dark Souls)
My hopes:
  • Virtual Console. It's time.
  • Now that Breath of the Wild is done, ports of past Zelda games to capitalize on fervor
  • Animal Crossing reveal
  • Metroid Prime 4 (very) brief teaser

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Okay so from what we know, I think the games we definitely see or are at least mentioned in some way

Fire Emblem Switch
Bayonetta 1+2 Collection
Yoshi
Kirby Star Allies
Project Octopath Traveller
Travis Strikes Back: NMH
Wolfenstein 2
Fe
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Attack on Titan 2
Ace Attorney Switch
Professor Layton Game
Mega Man 11
DQ Builders

Likely announced
Dragon Quest 11
Hearthstone
"Tales of" game
SMT V

Predictions
Pikmin 4
Smash 4 DX
Pokemon Switch
Captain Toad game
GTA V

Dreams
Metal Gear Solid HD collection
Red Dead Redemption 1 Switch
Dark Souls 1 or Collection
Dragons Dogma

Edit: And then yea we probably see mobile stuff, online, and some 3DS games but that's not what I'm hyped for

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How often do they show trailers for third party games? I'm wonder if Blazblue Cross Tag Battle could show up.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to hear about a new Smash title.
I think they'll show Pikmin 4, as the game has been in development for quite some time. I also wonder whether Retro Studios will be ready to show what they've been working on.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
First thing I would like to see is some information about the new Pokemon game. Highly doubtful but one can hope. Next, would be an animal crossing or smash announcement.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Yoshi
Kirby
Fe
Bayonetta collection

First footage of metroid 4 (not to be released in 18)

Smash switch port
Super Mario Maker Switch with new styles and objects/demi sequel
Pikmin 4

Late third party ports like Tekken and Injustice and smaller / Older ones
Fatal frame Switch

Tons of Indie games

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Just give me Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for Switch and we're good for the remainder of the year. Well that and Animal Crossing Switch announce. THEN we're good for the remainder of the year, Nintendo.

Oct 27, 2017
For one thing, there will be no 3DS coverage at all in this Direct, because it'll be a special Nintendo Switch Direct, akin to the January presentation in 2017, except not live of-course. Second, I think we'll be seeing more new IP and non-traditional games from Nintendo in the Direct. I know people are fantasizing about Smash 4 and Mario Maker 2, but I honestly doubt the existence of these games. And honestly, don't expect many Wii U ports either. I think Nintendo wants to avoid the Switch being seen as a Wii U port machine, so they'll just stick to the games that didn't already have a port/sequel/equivalent on the 3DS or Switch.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Here are my guesses:

Fire Emblem
Yoshi
Kirby
MP4
MP Trilogy
Bayonetta 1+2
Super Smash Bros. - IF it is a port of 4. Then I expect that H1. If it is a new game, then I expect an E3 reveal with a H2 release or later.
Pikmin 4
Wario Ware
Non-Traditional Nintendo IP that utilizes the joy-con in unique ways
NMH: Travis Strikes Again
GTA5
Batman Arkham Asylum + Arkham City
Soul Calibur 5
Dark Souls
Dragon Ball FighterZ

Things I am not sure about:

Retro's game - I'm thinking E3.
Luigi's Mansion 3 - I'm also thinking E3.
Mario Maker vs. New 2D platformer - I think we are due for a new 2D Mario and that could be one of their big Fall games. Not sure how that would impact the release timing or existence of Mario Maker on Switch.
New 2D Zelda vs. Skyward Sword HD - I also think we are due for a new Zelda by the team that did ALBW and Triforce Heroes. A Skyward Sword remaster is much less certain, but I think it is a plausible contender for a spot next year. Majora's Mask 3D, Triforce Heroes, and Twilight Princess HD were all released months apart, so SSHD and a new game could coexist within the same year.

Edit: And I guess Animal Crossing too could happen next year. Damn. I've heard multiple people say they can't see how Nintendo could keep up the momentum next year. Well there is no shortage of games that I could plausibly add to this list, and it's hard to actually fit all the things I think are realistically happening into a release schedule. I am so excited for Nintendo's 2018!

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Has no one said anything about virtual console yet? I'm very excited to see the overhaul they do with the shop and what their online services will offer.

I understand this will ultimately be it's own direct at some point, but I'd at least like them to address that it's coming soon.

Warrk

Nov 8, 2017
I'd love to see Mario Maker for Switch, but I'm not sure how they'd work around the lack of stylus.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope for a Metroid Prime 4 gameplay reveal and a first small 2D Zelda teaser.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
We will see their whole entire 2018 line up.
Kirby and Yoshi will get proper release dates.
Super Smash Bros Switch for Summer
Animal Crossing announced. Fall 2018
Pokemon Switch, Fall 2018
Fire Emblem Trailer, Fall 2018
Project Octopath Traveller given release date.
Pokemon usually gets its own direct

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
-Maybe one WiiU port that is getting a relatively soon surprise release (not out immediately, but Q1) Probably not a 2D platformer because of the proximity to Kirby and Yoshi. Perhaps W101 (we've been teased blatantly).

- I'm heavily in the camp that considers the (2)$74.99 and (2)$79.99 Amazon placeholders to likely be new/special edition Pro Contollers (those are $74.99) and Joycon ($79.99). 2+2=4 and, given that there are 4 entries at $99.99 (special edition pricing?) I'm thinking we're getting new controllers to correspond with those specials like we did for Xeno.

-I think there's a decent chance that one of those $99 SKUs will be a bundle of game + Joycon pair. I liked someone's idea of bundling two Joycon with Kirby in the other thread. A new release in the style of Wii Sports or a Switch take on Nintendoland could also be prime candidates.

- I'm really desperate to hear more about VC so I'm just gonna throw that in there.

- I think they'll continue the trend of blowing out one big release at E3 and, as far as what they have announced goes, it seems like MP4 would be the best fit for that. That being said, I could see a tiny itty bitty teaser for MP4 at the Direct that allows us to assume that the blowout is incoming, but will mostly just serve to slightly frustrate fans after the reveal was just a title card.

- one new IP that I won't even venture to guess about in too much specificity. I do think it would be wise of them to lay the groundwork on more broad-appeal online games. Battle Royale is an obvious candidate, but that would be a large undertaking on that hardware.

-New Fe trailer with a good chunk of gameplay is probably the freespace on the bingo card lol.

- In addition to Fe, I think we'll get quick reminders about 3rd party games like Wolfenstein and Lost Sphear as they're coming soon

- As for new 3rd party non-indie announcements, I expect at least one "this great game from last gen is coming to the Switch" announcement from a series like Dark Souls, Mass Effect or Ass Creed. GTAV is clearly one of the most desired ports, but that feels too far in the realm of "ERA-breaking-megaton" to fit in with all the other stuff I'm predicting here.

- I think we'll get extended talkie trailers that explain Kirby and Yoshi more. However, they may return to that "and now for 10 minutes on one of our featured games" format and I don't think those will fall into that category.

- The two featured games with deep dives? Fire Emblem 2018 and Animal Crossing. Fire Emblem will come out in the first half of the year and Animal Crossing around the summer time. They'll do the "please be excited for more announcements later in the year" thing and we'll spend several more months going wild about the possibility of MP4 and Pokemon in the fall/holiday season.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
If Paper Mario or Mario Party 11 show up, do you think they'll finally give in to some fan demands (traditional Paper Mario, online Mario Party)?

rodtrindade

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what secrets they hold, but I wish they port Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze to the Switch. That game deserves to be played by more people, it is one of the best platformers ever made.

Would love to know that they'll do with Smash Bros and Mario Maker, as others have said already.

And give me some F-Zero and Kid Icarus love, please!

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I hope to see something substantial and a release date for Octopath. I'm not sure what else of Nintendo's current IPs I care enough about. Hopefully some really promising new IPs then.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
If Paper Mario or Mario Party 11 show up, do you think they'll finally give in to some fan demands (traditional Paper Mario, online Mario Party)?

I think if they want you to pay for their online service they have to with MP11. They need reasons for you to buy into it and MP with online is another good one

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- a couple wiiu ports (101, pikmin 3, captain toad)
- Pokemon spin-off announced
- Pikmin 4 first look
- New Mario Sports title (please be strikers!)
- a couple third party ports
- 1 new Nintendo IP
- unveiling of whatever Retros been working on.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping for a DKC TF Wii U port to Switch and a release date for Project Octopath Traveler. I get those two things, I'll be very happy.

Oct 30, 2017
January Direct
- Casual new IP that uses Motion Controls
- Super Mario Strikers World Cup
- Fire Emblem Full Reveal
- Dragonball FighterZ
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe
- Zelda Skyward Sword HD
- No More Heroes 1+2 Remastered
- Disney Afternoon Collection
- Ace Attorney Collection
- Red Steel 1+2 Remastered
- Tales of Berseria
- Valkyria Chronicles HD
- Rockstar Remaster (Max Payne 3 or Red Dead or GTAV)

E3 Direct
NSMBU+NSLU Deluxe
Switch Sports
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite
Overwatch
Super Smash Bros for Switch
The Legend of Shiek (Action Adventure Game)
Animal Crossing
Metroid Prime 3 Full Reveal
Wonderful 101.5

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
A new Konami title. Otherwise expect the unexpected. Oh and the system is calling for Mario party

Castia

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trailers for Fire Emblem, Yoshi and Kirby with new game announcements for Animal Crossing, Pikmin and a Mario spin-off game.

I can see a few third parties too, if they can get GTA 5 on this thing it would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.