• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What team are you?

• Team Wiener Mii

Votes: 731 20.9%
  • Team Chibi Robo on fire

Votes: 2,590 74.2%
  • Team Cenation #HustleLoyaltyRespect

Votes: 170 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why not? It sounds exactly like this which came out this year.

PS_3DS_MarioSportsSuperstars_UKV.jpg

That game sucked. Horribly. Hope the next Mario Sports game will bring life back into the franchise with ONE sport included.

Also, His Golden Eyes sounds awfully similar to GoldenEye 007.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GTA 5 Switch Edition
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Switch
F-Zero Superior Switch
Metroid Prime 4 Reveal Trailer with lots of gameplay
Dark Souls Collection
Red Dead Redemption Switch
Outlast 1 and 2 Switch
Pikmin Switch it Up
Smash Bros ULTRA
Assassin's Creed Switch
PUBG Switch Edition
Call of Duty WWII Switch
Battlefield Switch
Pokemon Open Worlds Switch

And that's just first quarter :P

Last edited:

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Something smash and I dont even know man.
Hopefully more Bayo 3 news.

Retros game has been a no show for a while, but it has to be at something eventually right?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting Animal Crossing and Pikmin. A trailer for Metroid and at least a new IP. No Pokémon Switch, maybe a spin-off though
Random guesses but still.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
1. Pikmin 4
file.jpg

In July 2015, Shigeru Miyamoto gave an interview to Eurogamer in which he revealed that Pikmin 4 was in development and nearing completion. We can assume that this title has likely been moved to development for Nintendo Switch, and is therefore a strong candidate for a hypothetical upcoming Nintendo Direct.

Okay can I get one thing cleared up here? I don't think Pikmin 4 is a Switch game and it wasn't a Wii U game, it was the 3DS game Hey Pikmin. Its certainly a drastically different game but its still Pikmin, has Nintendo ever actually stated that Hey Pikmin was NOT the Pikmin 4 Miyamoto was referring to? If not and the game was already that far along in 2015 don't you think we'd have herd or seen something about it by now? I could be wrong here but I think there is a clear misunderstanding of this situation, I think Miyamoto was referring to Hey Pikmin which at the time was likely called Pikmin 4 until they decided to change the game since it seemed more like a spinoff then an actual sequel to the previous games and people have just assumed theres a console version of Pikmin 4 in development when all along Miyamoto was talking about the 3DS Hey Pikmin game.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I don't know why I come into these threads, maybe because I know they'll always echo my wildly high hopes and dreams... Dark Souls, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 or any Mother content would be my absolute dream picks, but I won't hold my breath. Capitan Todd sequel, maybe?

Realistically, they might mention some Splatoon 2 update content.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay can I get one thing cleared up here? I don't think Pikmin 4 is a Switch game and it wasn't a Wii U game, it was the 3DS game Hey Pikmin. Its certainly a drastically different game but its still Pikmin, has Nintendo ever actually stated that Hey Pikmin was NOT the Pikmin 4 Miyamoto was referring to? If not and the game was already that far along in 2015 don't you think we'd have herd or seen something about it by now? I could be wrong here but I think there is a clear misunderstanding of this situation, I think Miyamoto was referring to Hey Pikmin which at the time was likely called Pikmin 4 until they decided to change the game since it seemed more like a spinoff then an actual sequel to the previous games and people have just assumed theres a console version of Pikmin 4 in development when all along Miyamoto was talking about the 3DS Hey Pikmin game.

Miyamoto stated that Pikmin 4 was coming along this E3, and Hey Pikmin was developed by Azrest. Pikmin 4 was also planned for Wii U at some point but must have been moved over.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally hoping for an unveiling of this supposed achievement system they're working on, as well as confirmation that they're going to patch released games like Odyssey, BotW and Xenoblade 2 to support it.

Game wise I'm not really sure what they could announce that would interest me besides showing off Fire Emblem. I'm always open to be surprised though.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Hey Pikmin is not even a Nintendo game...

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017

The E3 article with Miyamoto had a separate Nintendo statement saying specifically Pikmin 4 was in development. I'm pretty sure, Hey Pikmin was shown in a direct in May so I definitely think it's a new game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-14-miyamoto-pikmin-4-still-progressing

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking it'll essentially be 2018's answer to the January Switch event, so...

Early First Party Game(s)
For 2017 this was Zelda, for 2018 it'll probably be the double whammy of Kirby and Yoshi. Honestly expecting Kirby in March and Yoshi in April/May.

Summer Multiplayer
We got Arms, Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 all within a few summer months, so I'd expect a Smash Bros. port to slot in here, personally (Brawl launched in June, IIRC.)

Winter Hits
Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade both coming out within 2 months of each other was pretty intense and I think Nintendo will have a hard time matching it, but if they do, I'd expect Retro's game and Fire Emblem Switch.

Big Western Pledge of Support
For 2017's Switch event this was EA promoting Fifa and I doubt they'd be back on. Expect Bethesda instead with another port (The Evil Within Collection, I'd guess, or Fallout 3/New Vegas)

Japanese Titles
Out of nowhere we saw Dragon Quest, Octopath Traveler, No More Heroes and that massive splash screen of other Japanese devs last year. I expect most of these to be followed up on this time around, with Namco's Tales of project at the forefront for a Japanese release ahead of March 31st.

Fewer Indies
Nintendo seems more fond of showing off indie titles on a smaller platform these days, I'd expect only big indies to show up this way, like Undertale.

Given the system is already out, though, I also figure there'll be some differences. With Nintendo's commitment to releasing a game every month, we'll probably see the surprise launch of something digital for January while Bayonetta 1+2 have February covered.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Yeah, besides games I also want to see some system updates. Themes, achievements and MyNintendo Switch awards.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Party 11 (with a car, don't get excited)
Mario Golf (without a RPG mode, again)
Style Savvy 4
Legend of Zelda Triforce Heroes 2 (online region locked again)
Chibi Robo Zip-lash 2 (hey, look at the bright side, cute little fella isn't dead yet)
Wii Music Remastered
Advance Wars The 2D Platformer (Nintendo chose their next victim in the series of "let's murder our beloved franchise by making a garbage spinoff" games after Chibi Robo and Pikmin. The one after this could be anything! F-Zero? Golden Sun?)

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
-Yoshi gets a release date of February, so Nintendo doesn't kill it by releasing it too late or in a month with a bunch of games
-Kirby Star Allies releases April, skips March because of the huge amount of games releasing then
-Mario and Sonic at the Pyeonchang Winter Olympics is announced
-Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE gets ported to the Switch, coming Q2
-Luigi's Mansion 3 is shown off. A collection of Luigi's Mansion 1+2 releases in April
-Sushi Strikers gets a release date of March
-Radiant Historia and a few other Atlus RPG's are shown off for the 3DS
-Fire Emblem Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War is announced for the 3DS
-In other Fire Emblem news, FE Switch is finally unveiled
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is ported to the Switch, with a new sequel also shown of
-Pikmin 4 is officially announced, with a July release date
-Fe and a few other indie games are shown off
-Physical release for Sonic Mania confirmed
-GTA V gets announced for a switch port
-Super Mario Strikers game announced to tie in with the world cup
-Dark Souls Trilogy announced for a switch port
-Wolfenstein 2 gets a release date of March
-Smash Switch is confirmed to "be in development" with a full trailer being shown at E3
-Splatoon 2 DLC
-A new IP is shown off for the Switch
-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze gets a switch port
-Project Octopath Traveller gets a release date of May
-New FIFA confirmed for Switch
-Metroid Prime Trilogy port for Switch
-Ace Attorney Switch officially shown off
-New Megaman 11 trailer
-Street Fighter Anniversary Collection confirmed for switch
-Dragon Quest 11 confirmed for the west, late 2018 release date
-Metroid Prime 4 trailer to round out the direct

This is just going off the 18 switch games from the Amazon leak + some 3ds titles, probably way too much for what they will show off, but whatever

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Which games has Nintendo announced officially so far for the Switch? From what I can remember:

Yoshi
Kirby
Metroid Prime 4
Fire Emblem
Pokemon

Seems like there's a lot we don't know about yet. Even for the above we've only seen gameplay for Yoshi and Kirby.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe there's another Nintendo game coming before the end of March, but probably not a big one. I guess it'll be Yoshi.

I guess they'll show off Bayonetta 1 + 2, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, and Kirby.

A new announcement could be New Super Mario Bros 3. That could have been under development at the same time as Odyssey, like NSMB2 and NSMBU.

I think an Animal Crossing announcement is likely.

I'm really hoping for a new Super Mario Maker with new themes, like Super Mario Land and Super Mario Bros 2. Also, new stage themes, slopes, and water. I want the tools to really make anything from 2D Marios. And a non-amiibo costume playable Luigi.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Right, it's OFFICIALLY English January. Where is my Ye Olde Directe where everyone is dubbed in Gormottiesque Welsh accents. I demand it now.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
A new F Zero would be insane hype. Would even take a remake of GX, one of the best racers ever made.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Nintendo should just stick with their basic format of 2017.

*Jan - Big Direct revealing a majority of first party releases of 2018 (and a few third party)
*Throughout the Year - smaller, more focused Directs, and Directs revealing details on games from the Jan Direct and more 3DS/mobile, and third party focus
*June - E3 highlights the big releases of the year but otherwise focus on releases for subsequent years
*More of the smaller focused directs, and maybe one or two bigger directs revealing more info on the big titles, focus on lower budget and eshop titles, and various other updates (ie VC)

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's very unlikely because the director said it's already packed with content but who would say "no" to a few more Mario Kart 8 cups???

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Sure thing:

Yoshi with date
Kirby with date
Fire Emblem with date
FE
Xenoblade 2 DLC
Bayonetta 1+2
Wolfenstein
Payday 2
Dragon Quest builders
Shovel Knight new DLC
Lost sphear

Likely:

Hollow Knight
Flipping death
Wargroove
No more heroes
SMT V
Tales of
Blazblue Cross tag
Valkyria Chronicles
Project Octopath
MegaMan
Outlast

Speculation:

Animal Crossing (summer)
Pokémon (holidays)
Trailer MP 4
Pikmin 4

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to say, I think some remasters like the Ezio and handsome collections (assassins creed and borderlands) in addition to more WiiU ports like Smash Bros are most likely. I doubt we'll see more on Switch Pokemon or Metroid until E3 at the earliest.

Also, while I think GTAV makes some sense, the Switch's online functionality may be insufficient for GTA Online and make it not worthwhile.

What I'm 100% sure of: a bunch of indies, especially with 18 sku listings

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hard to say, I think some remasters like the Ezio and handsome collections (assassins creed and borderlands) in addition to more WiiU ports like Smash Bros are most likely. I doubt we'll see more on Switch Pokemon or Metroid until E3 at the earliest.

Also, while I think GTAV makes some sense, the Switch's online functionality may be insufficient for GTA Online and make it not worthwhile.

What I'm 100% sure of: a bunch of indies, especially with 18 sku listings
If Pokémon Switch isn't officially revealed before E3, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about the game at all until 2019 beyond passing mentions in interviews.

OP
OP
Kyzer

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
If Pokémon Switch isn't officially revealed before E3, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about the game at all until 2019 beyond passing mentions in interviews.
Agreed, I think for a new generation they would want to announce in January, cuz they will do months of hyping in corocoro and stuff beforehand

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Expectations might have gotten too high here from the Amazon thing. Pretty sure there aren't actually going to be 18 new unannounced Switch games in the direct.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Expectations might have gotten too high here from the Amazon thing. Pretty sure there aren't actually going to be 18 new unannounced Switch games in the direct.
Most people have come to the consensus that the $75 and $99 SKUs are likely collectors editions and accessories. No one thinks all 18 are new games.

Nov 3, 2017
I think Animal Crossing Switch will finally come in November/December 2018. If you look at the past, mainline Animal Crossing games have always been released every 3-4 years. Wii U was a failure so they decided to move it onto the Switch. They released Pocket Camp in 2017 to build up hype and to avoid competing with Odyssey and X2.

OP
OP
Kyzer

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I think Animal Crossing Switch will finally come in November/December 2018. If you look at the past, mainline Animal Crossing games have always been released every 3-4 years. Wii U was a failure so they decided to move it onto the Switch. They released Pocket Camp in 2017 to build up hype and to avoid competing with Odyssey and X2.

Animal Crossing could be their big online game too...

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
They should save Smash for e3 along with another surprise that they can start to tease in the spring.

They are definitely going to show Octopath and also Bayo 1 and 2 and hopefully more Wii U games that should come over (i.e. 3D World, 101, etc.). Those U titles will be a great way to fill out the calendar year and because almost no one played them it is going to be new for a lot of people.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To be fair that is probably the most correct assumption for both Metroid and Pokemon. They were probably only greenlit due to the Switch's success, so they are a half year in design/dev at best

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
yfaZxmt.png

Might change between now and the direct's announcement. I forgot to add Wonderful 1 - 0 - something, but that's probably a sure thing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.