• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Simply put...yes. I won't go into very much detail...but there is absolutely a limit to my tolerance.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
I really don't care about idiots as long as they don't interfere in my life ... as long as humanity exists, there will be idiots.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I mean as long as nobody is hurting anyone else I can tolerate just about anything. No guarantees I won't make fun of the roller coaster phile behind thier back though

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Deepends, if the "weird" is individual near me, then I'm sorry but please back the fuck up.

If they're far from me, live and let live.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
wUcI9BN.gif
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm all in favor in you do you as long as you don't bring anyone harm. For example, I might have questions if you start dry-humping a live active nuke that will probably kill us all if you do, but I won't question you if you fall in love with a non-rampant Android.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tolerance? Why do you care what others do? I literally do not care unless someone's actions affects me in some negative way. So marry away a pillow or whatever.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I mean I'll probably think you're a weird fucker if you're marrying a rollercoaster, but if it makes you happy you're probably not hurting anyone.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as it is not stepping over someone else's liberties, go for it.

If you end up harassing clients of a rollercoaster, or you are annoying to the staff, etc. cause you fell in love with it, yes it is problematic.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they are not bothering anybody else i can't really care what people do with their short assed lives.

Deleted member 7430

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One day, people will no longer tolerate people overweight. Hold up, fat shaming was a thing already. I'm going to fix this mess.

Fuck Kanye! I will be your next president!

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I mean, if a poll came out to decide if marrying a rollercoaster should be legalised I'd vote against it.

Something like that is clearly a mental health issue rather than love.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, I don't want to be an enabler. I have zero tolerance for the intolerant, if you're homophobic/transphobic/racist/sexist and you think your religion or culture is a good excuse for those things, you're not fooling me.

You want to marry your lamp? I mean, I'm not going to stop you but I would back the hell off, I don't want to waste time on people who aren't working on their issues.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
There are things i would never tolerate, personally and professionally. But fuck man none of them have to do with what people want to have sex with.

And tbh people going with "ain't got nothing to do with me" are straddling the line between respect for self autonomy and extreme egotism and i'm not sure they know those are two different things.

Miao

Oct 30, 2017
Depends on if I care about that person or not. TBH I just feel indifferent about total strangers, if you are not hurting others do whatever you want, fuck a paper I don't care. But that doesn't mean I have high tolerance. Seriously, if my children or closet friends start falling in love with a inanimate object I will never be ok with it.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm talking more about the inevitable future where people start marrying inanimate objects or even robots on the regular. Like, I wanna say many months ago, we had a thread on here about a person falling in love with a rollercoaster. And you had people in there being like "good for them" or whatever. But I'm like....there's no way that's good or even okay. Like a rollercoaster isn't a conscious being with feelings. Not that I'm afraid of some sort of future where I'm a bigot because I don't think aliens and humans shouldn't marry, but more so wanna know what everyone's personal tolerance limits are for stuff like a dude marrying his anime love pillow.

I don't know of any jurisdiction that will register a marriage between a human and a non-human, be the latter animal, mineral or vegetable. In any case I don't think it's any of my business what people fall in love with. As long as they're not led into harmful or disruptive behaviour, it's not likely to bother anybody.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A friend of mine thought he could stop working and use a pyramid scheme. He actually invited some friends over "for a party" as I was away for studies and tried to reel them in.
We all stopped talking to him as he didn't care as we told him multiple times that it's illegal and a scam. Well, all but one who actually fell for this shit. She was the kind of person who wanted everything but didn't want to actually work for it.

While he finally realized he was making a huge mistake and apologized to everybody, she turned out to be a really shitty person (in regards to other things as well, not just this pyramid scheme) and I don't think a lot of people from that circle of friends still talk to her. Btw, the guy in question is still trying to get out of his financial trouble because of this scam. DON'T FALL FOR PYRAMID SCHEMES!

I don't know if that's really the topic, but yeah I have no tolerance for sheer stupidity like this, especially if I take the time to explain things to people and they just don't care.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
you can do what you want, but I'll definitely make fun of you if you marry an inanimate object

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It depends on what I am tolerating. I have a tremendous amount of patience for some things, but for others I have zero patience and zero tolerance.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Probably at some level, sure. Certainly, I don't tolerate anyone that hurts or takes advantage of anyone else. If a person wants to marry their toaster, well, that's their choice and it doesn't hurt anyone. If someone wants to punch their kid, well, that's sure as hell harmful and I'm not going to support or tolerate that by any means. So, it's not just about whether it negatively impacts me, but also whether it negatively impacts someone else.

Basically, I'll tolerate/accept most things that aren't harmful to myself or other living things.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
My limit is simple: does it involve a conscious being? If yes, is said being capable of consent and consenting to whatever it is? If yes, have at it. If it doesn't involve another conscious being, have at it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
If someone is to marry a rollercoaster or anime waifu, I'd be more concerned for them than happy for finding love. Not wanting to judge or mock them, but I would assume everything isn't quite alright in their life and would hope for them to get the help they need. Not a minister but a mental health professional. Though I might mock anime and Japan fetishists before they get to the point of wanting to marry a fictional being.

rhydon321

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As long as you're not a Nazi or someone that forces their beliefs on others, I'm cool.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
eh personally I think they're more than welcome to do w/e they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Just like how I can think w/e I want about it as long as I keep it to myself.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Furries and "other kin". Specially the later. Sorry, I'm pretty sure that's just a mental disorder, seek help.
Furries I just dislike but I'll only hate the ones that do awful stuff like what happened on that furry con from years ago.

Edit: and people that harm others, obviously.

There are two types of people.

1. People who consider themselves custodians of greater human existence and award themselves the mantle of protecting what they believe is the way things ought to be, seeking to meddle in and/or judge the public and private affairs of others under the paranoid premonition that we are collectively approaching a cataclysmic event horizon that will unwind society as we know it.

2. Not-fuckheads