• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The-JUV

Oct 25, 2017
I know not everyone is a fan of the Switch getting lots of ports, but if there was one port by now that I thought would have gotten announced, I definitely thought Capcom would have put RE4-6 on the machine at this stage.

I mean RE4 has been ported so many damn times, and the Switch got the RE Revelations collection. Do people think RE4-6 are eventually coming. RE4 is one of my goats and I'd love to play a portable version of the game, so hopefully there is a plan for it and I've just missed hearing about it.

Dr.Ifto

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ. The system has been out a year. Capcom didnt have faith in it at first. Shit takes time.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Revelations still relatively recent for Switch?

They're probably still looking at that before deciding to bring over 4-6.

Samb

Oct 28, 2017
It's just crazy how much triple A publisher are ignoring the Switch. So yes, it's strange we haven't seen a port yet. Or ports from many other games. Bethesda, of all publishers, are one of the few who really pushes the switch support.
I'll bet that most ports of old games would sell pretty well on the system. Like port over the assassins creed ezio collection or something and people will eat it up. Just don't get it..

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
That's a fair question but how many ports we need on Switch ? I would rather have new games really.

Now don't get me wrong I would love to see RE4 on the Switch ( more than LA Noire... ), but we can't reasonably expect every games ported on the Switch.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
My dream would be for be for RE4 Ultimate HD to get a switch port, and for the switch to get new attachable controllers that are modeled after the gamecube controller. Man, it would be so great to be able to play RE4 again on the controller it was originally designed for. It makes a world of difference to play RE4 on a Gamecube controller vs a PS4/Xbox One controller.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
They're not just gonna instantly put every game they've ever made on the console. The system is just a year old.

To answer your question. Yes, of course there's a reason. No-one here knows it. But it's probably just 'because'.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That's a fair question but how many ports we need on Switch ? I would rather have new games really.

Now don't get me wrong I would love to see RE4 on the Switch ( more than LA Noire... ), but we can't reasonably expect every games ported on the Switch.
I wholeheartedly agree with your statement. I would love ports as well, however they take time and resources that can be spent creating new games.

Status
Not open for further replies.