• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Come on. Give it a listen. You may not like 6th gen but you have to admit it had some stellar tracks.

It's impossible for me not to smile or not to feel lighter when I listen to this track. It's so happy, cheerful, blissful. Gosh, this tune actually feels like riding a bike on a sunny saturday afternoon with your friends when you're 10.

I admit, the title is a bit clickbaity, but if you know any cheerful music (more or less than this bike theme, I'm not picky) please feel free to post it in this thread. We could all do with a extra bit of joy today, so let's do just that.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
The whole score of LittleBigPlanet was superb and cheerful, but I just thought about Vib-Ribbon

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

EDIT: Also my favourite version of the main theme, which is probably the objectively correct answer to the thread:

Last edited:

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about more cheerful, but this always feels comforting.

I guess a more cutesy cheerful version of that:

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty dull compared to the bike themes of the other games. The best for me is gen 4, it brings a great sense of wonder.

Gen 6 best tracks are the battle themes (bar the gym leader theme), all the rest is meh.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Thank you for this thread DrHercouet. I had an absolutely dreadful night, so it's very appreciated to listen to things that might help life spirits even a little bit.

Not too much to contribute to the thread, but this song always puts a smile on my face. Can't wait to hear it rerecorded!

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yuzo Koshiro may have composed both of these. Shenmue 2 had a bunch of composers, so I dunno.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I'd say most of the chocobo themes take the cake for me, but these two in particular are just great.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah naw, that bike theme is weaksauce within its own series lol. Hell even Earthbound had a better bike theme

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Costa del Sol is both relaxing and cheerful.

I also think Penelo's theme from FFXII is pretty cheerful/optimistic.

Oct 26, 2017

Spring Breeze Precia, from Super Robot Wars OG/Masoukishin.
It appears in multiple forms across multiple titles, with the one linked being the most recent incarnation AFAIK.