• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Unless there are very specific features of Office that are explicitly required by your school or work, you really don't need it. Just use Google Docs, or OpenOffice if you need something available offline.

Keyboard

I'm confused, are you accusing me of not using OpenOffice?

...should I be offended, or do I like...need to show you that it's installed...or, what's the protocol here?
Yes. Everyone has moved on to LibreOffice.

There is no good reason to recommend OpenOffice considering how much development has went in LibreOffice.

I apologize for confusion.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can get it for $10 if you Google the work or education site.

Or you can Google the super secret 2007 blue edition.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Learn Latex. Then even a simple text editor is good enough to create everything.

Spanic

Oct 31, 2017
US
I got a key for Office 2016 on EBay 3 months ago for like $15. They sent me a key via email as well as a link and instructions on how to download the installer off of office's website.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
As long as you can just obtain a school email account you can get it free.

Camoxide

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
UK
If your work place has a commercial license you can usually buy a license off the back of that for home use for super cheap.

this_guy

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft Word 2013's default font is Calibri. Calibri font is not open source, but Libre Office has Carlito font which is metrically compatible with Calibri. Your Word documents using Calibri Font should look and be formatted correctly using Libre Office and Carlito.

However, if you have a Libre Office document using Carlito font, then try to open it in Word you might have some issues. Word doesn't know that it's suppose to use Calibri font when it sees Carlito font. The best way to ensure compatibility is use a font available in both Word and Libre Office- like Arial or Times New Roman. You can find ways to add Calibri font to Libre Office, but since it's not open source that becomes pirating.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can't you just buy it outright? I was considering it buying at some point too because I had the money and felt I should have it, just in case. But then I found out about the Home Use Program and bought it for super cheap.

Dicer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft Word 2013's default font is Calibri. Calibri font is not open source, but Libre Office has Carlito font which is metrically compatible with Calibri. Your Word documents using Calibri Font should look and be formatted correctly using Libre Office and Carlito.

However, if you have a Libre Office document using Carlito font, then try to open it in Word you might have some issues. Word doesn't know that it's suppose to use Calibri font when it sees Carlito font. The best way to ensure compatibility is use a font available in both Word and Libre Office- like Arial or Times New Roman. You can find ways to add Calibri font to Libre Office, but since it's not open source that becomes pirating.
Veranda for life...