• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I can't remember if it was always like this but lately I've been getting real annoyed by notifications in Twitter for regular tweets from your followers. I don't see any options to disable or limit it to certain people. I would much rather only get notifications for mentions, likes and retweets. Anyone know how to do this?

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I can't remember if it was always like this but lately I've been getting real annoyed by notifications in Twitter for regular tweets from your followers. I don't see any options to disable or limit it to certain people. I would much rather only get notifications for mentions, likes and retweets. Anyone know how to do this?
On your phone or the web interface?

OP
OP
gcwy

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Can you screenshot an example?
I'm talking about normal, random tweets by people I follow. Is there a way to disable notifications for that.
QMv3EaJ.png

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. There's just that "see less often" option. Same can't say no shit as everything else on Twitter.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'm talking about normal, random tweets by people I follow. Is there a way to disable notifications for that.
QMv3EaJ.png
Oh I don't get these at all. This would annoy the shit outta of me. Strange. Maybe you're part of an AB test lol. It's common with these platforms.

Oct 28, 2017
Nope. There's just that "see less often" option. Same can't say no shit as everything else on Twitter.

Yeah, there's no setting to turn them off completely. It's stupid.

That said, the "see content like this less often" thing actually seems to work. I used to get annoyed by these notifications, but after clicking it enough times I haven't gotten them in ages

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
QMv3EaJ.png
If you hit that Down Arrow on the right of the notification, there should be an option to "Show These Tweets Less" for that Alanah Pearce one. I've never seen that notification for that Tekken tweet, but I imagine it'd be the same.

OP
OP
gcwy

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
If you hit that Down Arrow on the right of the notification, there should be an option to "Show These Tweets Less" for that Alanah Pearce one. I've never seen that notification for that Tekken tweet, but I imagine it'd be the same.
Do I have to do that for every single one of my follows or does that apply to all the "star" notifications? Thanks for the suggestions guys.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter is garbage with this. Just mass "see less often" everything and they'll disappear for a few months until Twitter decides to start showing them again.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Do I have to do that for every single one of my follows or does that apply to all the "star" notifications? Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I think the "Show Less Often" refers to notifications of that type.

For reference, I've gotten those notifications for news events Twitter thought I might enjoy. I've clicked "Show Less Often" enough times that they almost never show up.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I only ever get notifications for tweets I'm interacting with (like someone answers me, tags me or something or liked my tweets). I don't how and where I set that up.

My biggest enemy with Twitter is the fact that I see more "PersonIFollow has liked a tweet from PersonIDontFollow" and so my feed is filled with stuff I don't care about from people I don't give a shit about. It's getting quite annoying, so I just end up muting a lot of people.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Just do what I ended up doing and turn on badge notifications only. Makes twitter that much less annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
I hate it when notifications are hard to block. I only allow texts and calendar events. Everything else can go die in a fire.
When an app on my phone doesn't have anything about notifications in its settings and yet sends them, I go to the Android settings, click on "apps & notifications," and block them there. Anything and everything is blocked on my desktop.