• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should incest remain illegal?

• Yes

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A friend brought this up today and after mulling it over I'm kind of at a loss. He said imagine a scenario where two first cousins are sterile and want to get married, should they be allowed to? I said since they're sterile and can't have kids I can't really think of a reason why not, but if they could have kids it should be illegal. But I may be missing something so what do you guys think?

And no, I'm not from Alabama

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
Even if two people were sterile, that's too hard to enforce (marriage only subject to a sterility test?)

Blanket ban is easier to implement and for the betterment of the society gene pool

bulbasort

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a good thing, but also locking people up for it is probably bad (obviously only referring to consensual interactions).

Oct 25, 2017
Same reason murder is illegal, in the very nichr situations it can be justified, there's a hundred more situations ripe for abuse and worse.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
What you are asking is if incest should be allowed under some very unique circumstances. I'd say no, cannibalism and incest are two of the biggest human taboos for a reason and normalizing one doesn't sound like a good idea to me, especially because eventually people would start demanding everybody should have the rights to it.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
A friend brought this up today and after mulling it over I'm kind of at a loss. He said imagine a scenario where two first cousins are sterile and want to get married, should they be allowed to? I said since they're sterile and can't have kids I can't really think of a reason why not, but if they could have kids it should be illegal. But I may be missing something so what do you guys think?

And no, I'm not from Alabama

First cousins can marry. No it isn't incest even in most states of the US.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
A2A1y1i.png

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This thread will not generate good discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.