• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2017
User banned (permanent): racist trolling with multiple threads about the same racist slur
So obviously the gga word is commonly used and acceptable if you're black. What about the gger word? What situations is it acceptable to call someone that?

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Comedy or if you're making some academic point. If you're using the hard r version then you gotta have a good reason for it.

For white people in general, you have to have a GREAT academic need.

deejay8595

Oct 30, 2017
Really? Are you serious with this question? Don't use it at all.

Should be ashamed of yourself for asking this....

artemis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Using uncensored racist slurs, history of defending racism.
I don't think black people call each other niggers.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
giphy.gif

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
I'm not black, so I can only answer with my general impression on things, and that is for most people it has to have some kind of Academic or Artistic context where it becomes necessary, and even then the world is probably better off with less of it.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What a convenient topic. I was wondering if this video was fine since it was posted by the Wu Tang Clan themselves?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're playing a racist in a TV Show/Movie or you're writing some kind of paper on the history of racism in the US imma say no.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
"Call someone that"?! Can't think of any acceptable time for that.
have the word come out of your mouth? I'm a believer that it's okay when quoting something. Otherwise you might be lessening the harshness of what somebody actually said or wrote.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you even want this to be discussed? Nothing is going to come out of this except a bunch of racism and bans.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Here is an example of a situation where you can say it with the hard R.
Unless you're playing a racist in a TV Show/Movie or you're writing some kind of paper on the history of racism in the US imma say no.
I'm not black, so I can only answer with my general impression on things, and that is for most people it has to have some kind of Academic or Artistic context where it becomes necessary, and even then the world is probably better off with less of it.

Although these examples are somewhat understandable, guys, OP isn't asking when they can "say" the word, they're asking when they can CALL someone the word.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is mad sus. No way op is being genuine with this.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody can use it whenever they want, they just better be prepared for the consequences that come with the baggage and history that surround that word, and always will.

People need to stop acting like there is or ever will be some sort of definitive handbook or consensus on who can say it and when. Like if a few people on a fucking video game message boards give you a "pass" are you going to go around saying it?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Actually calling someone that? Never

Edit: some kind of pre-negotiated roleplay or acting would be cool i think

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Not coming out of my mouth, that's for sure.

Although also the way the OP is phrased... "When is it acceptable to call someone that?" With that phrasing, I'll say, never. If you're *Calling someone* an offensive word, that's... not right and I can't think of a situation where it would be right, even amongst friends or joking or something because you're calling someone that so there's some implied attack there with how it's phrased.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if you're writing an essay about The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?

I got nothing.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Bruh. You for real?

It aint us saying it that's for sure.

Edit: yeah no. This thread sus af

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
This thread is made sus however, in JuiceWRLD's latest single "Bandit" he goes back and forth between -GA and -ER which always make me cringe.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a black man living in a country where english is not the main language, I feel like it's a word that is usually used academically, when talking about slurs in other languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.