• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm using 3.5mm headphones directly into the controller which are on max, I also have the volume maxed on the PS4 itself but it's still too quite. It's fine for most things but I'm watching Amazon Prime now and I'd definitely like it to be louder.

TGR Onix

Nov 3, 2017
I'm using 3.5mm headphones directly into the controller which are on max, I also have the volume maxed on the PS4 itself but it's still too quite. It's fine for most things but I'm watching Amazon Prime now and I'd definitely like it to be louder.
You might need better headphones or maybe an amp with said better headphones? Assuming you don't have that already based on your post.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
you can run use a headphone amp but at that point there's a lot of options for wireless audio you can go with like the astro mixamp for PS4.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Actually, I've noticed that the sound output for video apps (I watch Crunchyroll) seems to be a little lower for some reason than when you're actually playing games or listening to music through Spotify on the PS4 and I use 50mm over-the-head headphones.

Last edited: