• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Not every game needs to be preserved. Not every game is good. Not everything churned out by a team of 2 people selling for $6.99 on the eShop or whatever needs a physical release.

I'm less concerned with whether a game is subjectively considered good by anybody on the planet and more concerned with the idea that a piece of work should be able to be enjoyed by anyone who wants to give it a whirl.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations, welcome to our digital-only future!

(This is why I still buy and support physical and why I'll argue for physical media until my dying breath)

Yes.

I buy games that only come on digital because that is the only way to get them but the fact that these games can go away one day sucks. Physical is the way to go if it exists.

Except this game would never exist if it weren't for digital distribution.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It probably won't help you OP, but I just want to point out that you can still redownload the game if your PS/Xbox account owns it.

So what you really need to obtain is an account with the game, not a console. Digital games are tied to accounts, not hardware.

OP
OP
Chrno

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
It probably won't help you OP, but I just want to point out that you can still redownload the game if your PS/Xbox account owns it.

So what you really need to obtain is an account that has it, not a console that has it. Digital games are tied to accounts, not hardware.

Yeah, I didn't get it back then.

Not sure how much I can fork for an account that has it. Money is tight and the whole reason I wanted it was because back when it released my brother bought it for us to play. We got through half the game and before we could finish his ps3 was stolen :/

It's his 30th birthday next week and I wanted to surprise him with the game + an all night gaming session but it looks like I'll have to settle with something else.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Physical game with no licensing issues -> Purchasable game
Physical game with licensing issues -> Purchasable game
Digital game with no licensing issues -> Purchasable game
Digital game with licensing issues -> Not purchasable game
kxD2q6m.gif
Physical game with licensing issue > not always a purchasable game and if so, for a limited time
Digital game with licensing issue > not always a purchasable game and if so, for a limited time

but yes, bullshit indeed.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I had this game on Xbox 360, if I got an Xbox One would I be able to redownload it from my history or no?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, you got some people banned OP for starting a talk about possible illegal ways to acquire a game.

Anyways, back to the topic: There's really no way to get this game now, other than family of yours sharing the game to a ps3 of yours through the family share on the console. That or just wait for a re-release on current console.

Which is why is beautiful to get games on physical editions.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Physical game with licensing issue > not always a purchasable game and if so, for a limited time
Digital game with licensing issue > not always a purchasable game and if so, for a limited time

but yes, bullshit indeed.

Do you really not understand that physical games can be bought used?

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt that Anamanaguchi would have any issue allowing the use of the songs again, but that would be up to Ubisoft(?) I believe.

Hilariously, the Anamanaguchi soundtrack is still available on iTunes and Spotify.

You can get the OST anytime you like, but not the actual game.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Scott Pilgrim might not be available anymore but Ubisoft Montreal's other beat em ups can be found physically: Star Wars Episode III for GBA/DS and TMNT 2007 (GBA). They both equally fun. It's a shame that Ubisoft no longer invest in the beat em up genre.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
From what I understand, the real roadblock isn't Anamanaguchi, Bryan Lee O'Malley, or even Ubisoft, but Universal Pictures.

Yeah, since it's based on the movie, Universal is the gatekeeper here. O'Malley had a thread of tweets about this over the past year, said he brings it up whenever he can, but Ubisoft doesn't want to deal with Universal or something.

He's on board, Anamanaguchi are on board, it's the two U's.