• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I just found some players and asked them for ammo and they just started shooting me. I shot back because I didn't want to die and now all that's happening is they keep following me to my home based and constantly destroying it over and over. It's really pissing me off because I don't want to play this game like this, I just want to play Fallout without fighting players and build up my base.

Also, if you're going to come into this thread talking shit about the game and saying my purchase was stupid, leave now, I can't be bothered to hear the same thing over and over again.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
They do severely reduced damage to you as long as you dont shoot back. They only do full damage if you shoot back at them.

I suppose if it gets really bad you can always switch servers.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Don't shoot back, once you do the game engages you in full damage PvP. If they attack you first they just do small amounts of damage.

If you're getting harassed just log off and join a different server.

Oct 26, 2017
The only winning move is to not play the game.

Your character will never die in the game

You'll never have to play Fallout 76 again.

You can't possibly lose.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Does my progression come with me? I spent a lot of time making my home base and I'm quite fond of it.
Yeah sure. Progression is character bound. And you go to a new server every time you close and start the game anyway. There was a problem where your base was stored if you switched to a server with somebody already occupying that spot, and you had to build it again (though you didnt need the materials again) but I remember that there was a patch coming that just stored your base and if you switched servers again and the spot was free again it would normally spawn there again. You should look up if that patch is there already. Its unlikely that somebody has the base in the same spot anyway though.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I just want to play Fallout without fighting players and build up my base.

Not trying beat the dead horse, but maybe you should play Fallout 4 instead?
That game plays a million time better than 76 and actually looks like a proper post apocalypse game.

It might not be a good RPG but it's a damn good shooter, just give this video a watch. It's not mine but it's really fucking good.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Masterspeed Looked it up, that patch is in since December already, so no danger of losing anything.

C.A.M.P. Placement Improvements: You will now be notified when you log into a world and your current C.A.M.P. location is occupied by another player. If you stay in that world, you can place your C.A.M.P. back down for free. If you decide not to place your C.A.M.P. and join a new world where your space is unoccupied, it will be automatically placed in its original spot.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
Don't shoot back when someone else does and if they are constantly following you and destroying your camp just disconnect and join a new server.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
That game plays a million time better than 76 and actually looks like a proper post apocalypse game.

It might not be a good RPG but it's a damn good shooter, just give this video a watch. It's not mine but it's really fucking good.

Really wanted to like Fallout 4, but base building and armor fuel killed it for me. Hope they get rid of those in the next entries.

OP
OP
Masterspeed

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England

I've played 4 and complete It's DLC, same with 3 and New Vegas. I love the world of Fallout. I'm not saying 76 is a great game by all means, It's not a great game at all, but I bought it for ÂŁ4 so I'm not going to complain. I wanted to make a thread about my current issue and of course I expected the same shit we hear every day.

Seriously people, we know how everyone feels about Fallout 76, just give it a rest. Jeez.

Thanks for the help btw. I logged out and found a new server. This time when I see someone, I'm not even going to bother asking to trade for ammo.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Thanks for the help btw. I logged out and found a new server. This time when I see someone, I'm not even going to bother asking to trade for ammo.

Sounds like bad luck. I played the game for 140 hours and didn't have a single person try to kill me. Then again, I mostly kept to myself but when I did come across players we usually just exchanged emotes then went about our business.

There's more helpful people than assholes so don't get too discouraged.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know FO76 is the industry punching bag right now but don't make joke reply to OP because he's seriously asking a question.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't know if they fixed it cuz I haven't played in a long time but even in pacifist mode you can get one shotted with an explosive shotgun.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really wanted to like Fallout 4, but base building and armor fuel killed it for me. Hope they get rid of those in the next entries.

Of all of the flaws Fallout 4 had, these two are very strange things to "kill it" for someone. Building is, for the most part, entirely optional and the game shits out fusion cores for power armor. You will never run out of fusion cores. Both were fine additions to the game.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Unless they changed it recently. You can ignore the ppl from the social tab and they won't appear in your server for the duration of your play session.

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Don't shoot back, they won't do much damage and if they kill you they'll become wanted. Also if they keep harassing you switch servers.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
One additional thing you may want to do: in the game settings, turn on Pacifist. This makes it impossible for you to damage other players, which I believe means other players can't bait you into shooting at them and inadvertently opting into PvP.

Deleted member 46568

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 9, 2018

This and Fallout 76 reek of BSG looking around them for inspiration and just copying whatever's flavor of the day. I'm still a big Fallout fan but the way things are going that might not last (in fact FO76 is the first FO game I haven't played).

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Don't approach other players in your new server. Role play it like a real life apocalypse, assume everybody will try and kill you.

The pvp should be a purely optional thing regardless. Gta online and the Red Zone from Division should have taught developers that.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I've always wondered about the type of person who would willingly continue to play Fallout 76.

I guess now I get it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, switch servers? I honestly wish I encountered more PVP, I played for like 40 hours and never once got shot at by another player.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I just found some players and asked them for ammo and they just started shooting me. I shot back because I didn't want to die and now all that's happening is they keep following me to my home based and constantly destroying it over and over. It's really pissing me off because I don't want to play this game like this, I just want to play Fallout without fighting players and build up my base.

Also, if you're going to come into this thread talking shit about the game and saying my purchase was stupid, leave now, I can't be bothered to hear the same thing over and over again.
Maybe this game is not for you then... I heard they will include private servers in the future.

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
If you need help with ammo OP, invest points in ammosmith somewhere around level 30-35 in agility, and then super duper at 50 in luck. It will take awhile to get there but ammosmith will help a lot. Make sure to tag lead for ammo crafting, all of the cans contain some.

Dec 20, 2017
There is a passive mode in the options you can turn on -- you won't initiate PVP even if you shoot someone (as far as I can tell because I was never trying to pick a fight). The fact that nobody mentioned this tells me that people dumping on this game didn't give it much of a shot or never played it at all. OP -- I really enjoyed Fallout 76 and I hope you do as well.

Edit -- I started reading about this and looks like passive mode is a safeguard in case you accidentally hit someone with some friendly fire. Yeah, just don't shoot back and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They do practically 0 damage, as has been stated, if you don't shoot back.

H4zeVentura

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 28, 2018
Is this your first time playing something only or mmo like OP?
What did you expect for answers here... just log out, switch servers, stop playing the
game or whatever.