• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking for a half decent soundbar for my TV and I'd like it to be in the $100-200 range. My Best Buy has this open box one for $175, which is lower than it's going for used online:
3PWSmXB.jpg

I really only need it to replace my TV's in-built speakers, as they are absolutely awful. My only concern is that I used mid-range headphones (my main pair is a Sennheiser HD7 DJ pair that I grabbed for $80 on sale) and I'd rather not bother if the sound bar ends up being noticeably worse unless they're around $100.
Another option is that the same Best Buy has some open box Sonos Play:1s for $176 as well.

AudioEra, can you help me out?

Mission

Oct 27, 2017
I bought an LG 2.1 soundbar for that price point. Its a small room and I have a full stereo downstairs if with a slightly bigger screen if I care to go down there. My biggest issue is the volume stepping. I assume if I had paid more there might be more control. But I'm happy enough considering this was my secondary. Unfortunately it's all become so convenient that I mostly watch here.