• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
YOU'RE THE REASON IN MY LIFE
YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION

But really tho I would say its the Girls Gone Wild ads that would play on Spike TV
It trips me out that at one point, those ads played so often, and now they are gone
It was a different time

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
The one I remember (that they played in the UK) had "Foreigner - I want to know what love is" in it, but yeah they used to play those all the damned time haha.

EDIT: Pure Moods is a good shout too!

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
OP's video won't play but I already hear "IS THIS LOVE? THAT I'M FEELIN'" and the announcer going "WHITESNAKE!!!"

Edit: Damn. Wrong ad. But that was the ad I remember seeing super late on Cartoon Network in the 90s.

And yeah that Sears AC ad lol.

"I'll call now!"

Also I don't know how old the Tootsie Pop ad actually is but boy was this almost into the 2000s that I kept seeing it:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The compilation CDs were funny to me even as a child.

I would sit and compare them and ask myself "Have they not heard about 'Sensitive Rockers!'

My Dad bought one of the 50s doo-wop collections and I have to admit it was really good.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I honest to god thought it was gonna be this when I opened up the topic.

EDIT:

36 Love Songs, you knew you were up too late when this shit played on Cartoon Network

Honestly, you'd see this during the day too. There was also this ad that I constantly remember seeing:

Another variation, though this one for DVD:

The more insane thing is the DVD one was being advertised during Adult Swim, particularly during Toonami, even over a decade later. But yeah, seeing these, I have the animal crackers song stuck in my head, now, because of that, specifically that one section.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, I just remembered another one. Slightly NSFW (it's censored, but still), but I remember when I was watching TNT and some other networks as a kid, Sci-fi being among one of them, you'd see this or another variation of the "Jerry Springer Too Hot for TV" VHS during the day.

This used to play quite a fair bit and yes, wasn't restricted to late night or anything. Used to say it all the time during the day on those networks.

Definitely a weird moment to see as a kid, given despite the Adult focus on some of the networks, most of the content on their was tame, so seeing this ad play occasionally, was.. something.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
There was a series of these damn things with Ed O'Neill. I probably saw this particular ad hundreds of times. Bitterman was always their punching bag. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF MAN!

Oct 25, 2017
This commercial and sequence of songs is laser etched into my brain. Nostalgia for an era I was barely coherent for:

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
Someone covered it but yeah I'm a 90s kid and they still showed that damn tootsie pop commercial, it's evergreen. Oh and as someone mentioned yeah girls gone wild ads on Comedy Central in the late 90s were a definitely memorable experience.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
This one hits all the notes:

Catchy as hell
Advertising a product that has to be super-niche (I don't know anyone who has a structured settlement or an annuity! How many people in the US seriously have this?)
Incredibly long-lived, it just came back in rotation, I noticed.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the Sears commercial.

The defining commercial of the next generation will be the Folgers one

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
It's either the Sears one posted above, HELP, I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!, or this one: