• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You think that's an iconic chicagoland commercial? Well...I've....got..something....for you
giphy.gif

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The more insane thing is the DVD one was being advertised during Adult Swim, particularly during Toonami, even over a decade later. But yeah, seeing these, I have the animal crackers song stuck in my head, now, because of that, specifically that one section.

I've seen some of the Shirley Temple movies, and when those bits come up, it's like "Hey, it's that bit from the commercials!"

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i know advertising works because of how much i remember from my childhood

I have an annuity but i need cash now

Eight hundred five eight eight two three hundred empire

Animal crackers in my soup, monkeys and rabbits loop da loop

LADY IN REEEED

Get connected... for free... with education connection

expedia... DOT COOOOMMMM

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Hoveround commercial? Wtf

HOOOOVER ROUND (HOVER ROUND... hover round... hover round)

NOW I AM FREE TO SEE THE WORLD!

I hate how that is stuck in my head, forever. It's like the HEAD ON. APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD commercial.

EDIT:

I've seen some of the Shirley Temple movies, and when those bits come up, it's like "Hey, it's that bit from the commercials!"

Yeah, I haven't seen some the movies in ages, but yeah, that always stuck out in me when one of those sections came up in them.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
A very UK/Ireland centric one here, but every single ad break on Fox Kids or Cartoon Network twenty years ago

What a kid watching Digimon and X-Men would want with a building society I don't know.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, another lots and lots of trains thread, soon this site will stop being about games and will transition to an old commercial website

Realyst

Oct 27, 2017
Has to be the ICS correspondence commercials

TV/VCR Repair
Computer Programming
Bookkeeping

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
No mention of this?

It was directed by Micheal Bay.

Maybe I just appreciate real art. ;)

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
one of the best things the internet did was reassure me that I wasn't the only one who saw that Sears A/C ad enough times as a kid in the 90s to be able to recite it word for word

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
If you're an 80's kid your entire existence is advertisements, and since they refuse to let the 80s die, that trend continues.

I'm 90s so I feel the residual of that.
Every generation wants to pretend they don't have their own version of this and won't fall for being pandered to.

tradition.png