• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

adamblue

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
DFW, Texas
I've gotten over the fact that I'm using different launchers for games, that's fine. But it's the little technical issues that delay playing the game. Every time I play a game in Uplay, there's always an issue with resolution. I put everything on max video settings, and if frame-rate isn't solid, I'll drop the resolution from 4K to 1080. Apparently the launcher uses the native resolution of the monitor, in my case, 4K, so the game will not change its resolution unless I change my monitor display res.

I'm currently experiencing this with AC: Origins, and had that issue with The Division before it. It's a pain when I go back to a 4K game and then go back to a Uplay game.

Anyone else run into this? Apparently there's no work around. And again, I can just switch monitor resolution (then sign out and sign in), but a seamless experience would be preferred.

My guess is 4K isn't that widely used, and those using it wouldn't have to scale down. I have a 1070, so I can't always do 4K with max settings.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
not really

I've had no resolution problems either tbh, had controller problems but closing steam fixed that

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Just a theory, but try disabling high DPI scaling on uPlay. Right click it > Compatibility > uncheck DPI scaling

Deleted member 1105

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing games at 1440p, but it really isn't a pain.

I log in, click and button, and play my games.

Jayson's Rage

Oct 24, 2017
Personally, Uplay hasn't been awful for me. Though, Origin has. I've never had more grief with a launcher than I do constantly with Origin.

Though, Origin, I feel, has more right to exist than Uplay does. At least EA only uses that to distribute their games digitally. Uplay has no need to exist when even Ubisoft won't put their stake in it.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uplay has been fine for years. It is unnecessary, always has been, but as far actual application goes, it is fine. So it Origin.

I am not fan of those but I get that publishers want to have their own stores and patch delivery systems.

Golden standards are Steam and GOG Galaxy though.

..reading the rest of your OP, I haven't encountered that issue with any of my 20+ games I have on uplay. But I am not using 4K.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. One day my Uplay overlay stopped working and now it only works if I launch it through Steam. It's annoying.

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
Uplay is fine when you use just that.

But buying on Steam and having to deal with it on top is so mindnumbingly dumb.
I hate it. -_-

Last edited: