• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Is it?

• Shh no tears... Only Metroid Prime 4 now.

Votes: 594 57.3%
  • I still believe that weird Star Fox racing thing will come out one day.

Votes: 442 42.7%

• Total voters

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
We haven't heard peep from them since Tropical Freeze came out in 2014....until it was revealed that they had recently taken over development for Metroid Prime 4. There were rumors that they were working on some sort of Star Fox-themed racing game, but that's it. And now we just had another Direct, and no news about it still. I figured maybe they could finish up work on this while they're still in the early phases of MP4, but maybe they've just set it aside, and maybe it just has been flat out in development hell and is for the best that it has been canned. What do you think?

DGenerator

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
It's pointless to discuss until Retro comments about it, because their focus is primarily on Metroid Prime 4.

Maybe they'll pick up development later, or not. Who knows? Cares?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think retro studios actually exists
it's called retro because it's only something you remember from the past

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not convinced that if whatever else they've been working on got shitcanned Nintendo would have been too happy to hand over MP4 to them.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think yeah...maybe is canceled.

Like, nintendo could just release a trailer and call the day, but no. Or maybe they are holding it because it leaked? I can see nintendo being this bad

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
That additional Starlink content has me shook, but I'll give them til E3. If we don't see anything there I'll assume there's nothing other than MP4.

Corky

Alt account
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
I can't believe people actually bought into that star fox grand prix rubbish

retro are the 'we will call you when we want a new DK game or help with a Metroid we can't make work' studio

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they don't show anything off at E3, then yeah.

I forget who it was that said it but someone implied that Star Fox might not even be shown off today.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
so disappointed right now. no retro game since donkey kong tropical freeze just f*cking sucks.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
The fact the Direct showed a Star Fox racing mode to be added to Starlink...doesn't fill me with hope in regards to the survival of Star Fox: Grand Prix.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
We have no idea of knowing and revisiting the topic for the 50th time this month is not needed.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
DK Country Returns was revealed at e3 and released in the same year...

Having said that, I'm worried too.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last 5+ years of Retro studio are one of the strangest mysteries in gaming right now. I mean, how could Star Fox Grand Prix not be ready to show at this point?

If SFGP is dead did they literally just spend 5+ years spinning their wheels? This is unprecedented stuff for a well respected studio.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
We just have to wait and see.

The Star Fox Grand Prix stuff defo seems like a load of garbage. Rumour appeared just before E3 then Star Fox in Star Link was announced. Again here except racing in Star Link.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I liked that rumor that SFGP was a VR or some other sort of arcade game for Nintendo's theme park, so if we don't hear anything at E3 it's possible that it'll get revealed when the park opens.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Not only did we not see anything, they literally showed Star Fox racing as part of Starlink. Hard to see Nintendo agreeing to that if Star Fox: GP was a real thing at any point.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be devastated either way honestly.

If Star Fox GP actually exists, then I honestly could care less. Never been a big fan of Star Fox.

I'm guessing whatever they were making got canned, and knowing my luck it was Donkey Kong :( Sigh.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
If it is star fox grand prix it will be shown at E3, so they have the time to explain it to people. They must be putting something out this year, otherwise how the hell have they convinced Nintendo to bank roll them for 5 years! Either that or they are the ones makes Mario Kart Tour, as they did some of the remake courses in 8.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
You have to seriously consider the possibility at this point. It's been 5 years and not a shred of information. Not a single screenshot, video, teaser logo, nothing.
The only other possibility at the this point is that the game is finished and they're holding it back to spread releases out for later in the year.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I know kneejerk threads like this are fueled my emotion and stuff but I'd say wait until E3. If not, shrug!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Star Fox Grand Prix was just the starship racing in Starlink.

I sure hope not

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
wait until the next direct
no, the one after that
no, definitely the one after that
wait for E3

and on we go, it's dead, if it was even alive. They're going to be all in on MP4 now.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Game might already be done, but Nintendo doesn't want to announce it yet because of the Starlink crossover. I'm still willing to believe.