• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which has the worst user base?

• XBL

Votes: 59 12.4%
  • PSN

Votes: 43 9.0%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • PC

Votes: 50 10.5%
  • They’re all trash

Votes: 311 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't do it much so I cannot recall exactly. But I could have sworn there is simply a menu both os level and in some games that allow you to see and contact people you most recently played with.

ahhh here it is

Yes, that one never works. I think the game has to allow it to happen. For the games I play - FIFA mostly - it only lists the people you have been in a party with.

If you want to use facility of access as correlation to number of toxic users you should be targetting pc then

It's also pretty easy to say that the more than double userbase in most online games would make it easier to come across toxic people on PSN than Live. That would still be incorrect because as stated several times in this thread toxicity is inherent of people and it mostly depend on the communities and the games, not the consoles
How do your argument even stand for multiplatform people? Little Timmy call people bad names on XBL because its easier but hes a saint on PSN because he have to type an username (like this ever stopped someone angry and bitter for losing from trashtalking)? And it doesnt even look you need to do it judging for the video above.

Little timmy isn't a saint on PSN. He is still a little shit.
Copying an username, or memorizing it, and then going to the friends lists, searching for a username after typing it (PS4 takes ages to load this shit), entering is profile, choosing msg, will deter some people.

All crowds of gamers are the same - general crowds. I think OP might feel XBOX Live users are worst because how easy (and rightly so) it is to msg people on XBOX then it is on a PS4 (due to shit os (on that part)).

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, gotta go with the "They're all trash" option there. I don't really do online gaming anymore, but if I would, I'd stick to playing with friends

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
No, they're all the same. For what it's worth some of the worst shit I've heard was when I was playing Uncharted 4.

MW1 thru MW3 on any system was the absolute fucking worst. Funny thing now is, with the addition of party chat years ago, I don't hear anything from most games anymore. If I'm feeling particularly anti-social, going on Do Not Disturb keeps you from getting any text messages.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
In my experience yes. The very first time I used Xbox live someone sent me a nasty message. That's after years of never having any issues on PSN.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I think you hear more trash talk on Xbox because that community grew with mic's being standard. People talk less on psn. Both are equally toxic though. I personally think pc is the worst of the bunch because theres far less risk of repercussions with most games.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If you voted for a specific platform, you're a console warrior. There's no way at all to know or determine which platform has the most toxic users.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
XBL has the reputation, but the commonality between the two is people, and people are trash, so they're both trash. Mute, mute mute.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
XBL always had more toxicity than PSN when I played, but not because the toxicity itself doesn't exist elsewhere but you're 10x as likely to find a player with a mic on XBL. It's one thing from the early days that I miss a lot despite the increase in trash talk tied to it.

Outside of that it's a game by game basis. Rocket League is nothing but shit talkers all day every day, whichever platform.

Joe White

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Threads with loaded questions like this are more toxic. And everyone will just vote the "other guy" anyway.

Yep, these kind of topics are just adding division among players when MPs themselves are going more and more towards platform agnosticity with cross-platform gaming. Why are people still voting against some platform?

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Depends on the game, but overall...
iiIkHFh.png

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Toxicity is everywhere but the only time I ever got hate mail was on PSN playing Destiny and I play it on every platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.