• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which has the worst user base?

• XBL

Votes: 59 12.4%
  • PSN

Votes: 43 9.0%
  • Nintendo

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • PC

Votes: 50 10.5%
  • They’re all trash

Votes: 311 65.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been double dipping on Dead by Daylight on Xbox, and I've gotten more trash talking/harassment messages in two months than I did for an entire year on PS4. I also notice a lot of group chat trash taking on Gears, but had very little during my time with Uncharted (to use exclusives as an example).

Does XBL just have a shittier user base or is this just an anomaly?

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I mean, I play Destiny 2 on both PS4 and XBO (have friends on both) and I definitely get more hate messages on Playstation then I do on Xbox when I play in the crucible.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
More people, more chances that you find disgusting ones, especially on certain games . All of them have people with bad behaviors.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Really depends on the game. I've had a quite nice experience when playing Sea of Thieves but oh boy do I remember some of the trash-talking from the free weekend of R6: Siege quite well.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was on XBL a lot during its supposed toxic prime (CoD4, Gears of War) when all the XBL kids were around and I would say I had worse experiences in Dota 2. All the Modern Warfare and GoW gamers weren't that bad actually. Additionally, once Microsoft introduced team chats, you never really had to bother with anyone.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Xbox Live has the reputation because it was the first (and for a long while, the biggest) console community with voice chat by default and direct messaging, but gamers being trash is universal.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On xbl I was called names after winning, on psn I got messages that I stole peoples names and was called names.
Nintendo online sometimes has tea baggers in splatoon and other stuff.
I kind of think most communities suck ...
But on all consoles I also had awesome moments. 🤷‍♂️

Horned Reaper

Nov 7, 2017
They're all trash. If you think otherwise, you have been lucky enough to not have run into as much toxicity on one platform. Or you are a fanboy of the opposing one you voted for.

orava

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 10, 2019
Threads with loaded questions like this are more toxic. And everyone will just vote the "other guy" anyway.

Last edited:

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, OP, i was surprised too. While playing CoD on xbox i heard all sort of mean names, which deeply shocked me, cause i'm coming from CoD on the PS4 where i had daily deep philosophical discussions with my fellow soldiers (or soldiers of the Knowledge as we jokingly called ourselves). I tried asking about the conundrum of Plato during a match on live and they told me to "fuck off"! Imagine the gall

So i guess you're spot on all the trash people on this world just buy xboxes. Thank god Sony is protecting our children from this.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
Play Rust on PC and you'll see who is the most toxic user base, that game brings out the worst in people.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
PC by virtue of having more toxic games than the others, like League of Legends.

Also, all that nazis that play medieval games.

Deleted member 64517

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 14, 2020
Toxic people are everywhere, and the types of games you play can affect it as well. When there's millions of people involved you cannot make a generalisation like this.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Gamers are trash across every corner of the internet.

This is mostly true.
There are few game communities which are pretty helpful and tame.

But generally speaking there is no platform more toxic than the other....they are all toxic.

I played BF4 on all three major platforms.....i received almost identical hate on all of them.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
the only real toxic moment i've had on console was in rocket league on PS4 where someone told me to kill myself and that was really it

but there is really no way to know this. there are going to be garbage people everywhere

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't used any service for multiplayer for years, barely ever did at all, so don't really have any personal experience or anecdotes.
But XBL basically started it all, so it's within the realms of possibility that it's still more entrenched there?
They're all trash though. Gaming communities at large are full of proud garbage people.
I think the trash % depends more on the game then the service. In general there will always be assholes, but certain games more effectively attract them, or that kind of behavior.

I pretty much only play Battlefield, and on PC it's good because barely anyone ever uses voice chat. So you just hide the text chat and it's like you're playing with dynamic AI.

Last edited:

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The more people that play the game the more people you will encounter also I think some games or genres may have a higher percentage of toxic players.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't used any service for multiplayer for years, barely ever did at all, so don't really have any personal experience or anecdotes.
But XBL basically started it all, so it's within the realms of possibility that it's still more entrenched there?

the only reason xbl "started it all" was because it started something to begin with. all you need to have toxic people is giving them a chance to speak. which is why there were already plenty on pc before consoles started putting more focus on online.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
More toxic?

lol a percentage of people are toxic and they just exist. There is toxic behavior spread all over.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What I think is the XBOX OS - at least what i remember of it - makes it a lot easier to msg the opponent, while the PS4 makes you work harder.
That might facilitate toxic behavior.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
What I think is the XBOX OS - at least what i remember of it - makes it a lot easier to msg the opponent, while the PS4 makes you work harder.
That might facilitate toxic behavior.

You don't even have to hear or read random people anymore on xbox if you dont want to

Qassim

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Outside of small niche communities within particular games (typically when the player base is low) - all large online communities / networks are universally awful. It's just the nature of how people behave on the internet.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
From my experience Xbox Live easily, but they all have their moments.

Same here. Across generations. What seems to help is that it seems there are less VOIP chat on PS4 games that I played than xbox. But on console the worst was XBL. But even that service pales in comparison to PC. Across games you wouldn't even think would have a crappy set of gamers, they are there. In chat, in voice, the PC is the largest bastion of horrible gamers out of them all.

How would you even measure that as a normal user?

You can't because it is all anecdotal. But it doesn't mean it is pointless to make a call. This type of experience for people changes how they deal with games on a particular platform. I am more curious about people in the thread who are saying it is pointless as if they don't have any experience that leans towards on service or another. I find it interesting if someone were to honestly state they experienced the same toxicity across each service.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You don't even have to hear or read random people anymore on xbox if you don't want to

You can do the same - at least the read part - on the PS4.
I'm OBVIOUSLY talking about people that don't lock themselves out of talking or reading other humans.

So, going from there:
Is it easier to msg people that you are playing with or against on the XBOX or on the PS4?
Cause back when i had an XBOX it was easy (and rightly so, tbh) as hell to send a msg to another person that you were playing, as in the PS4 you have to type the username.

Right?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MOBAs have some of the worst communities ever, and those are mainly on PC. Pick the wrong character or not following the same strict meta the community decided? Get kicked, insulted, harassed to death.

Staticneuron

Oct 25, 2017
I'm OBVIOUSLY talking about people that don't lock themselves out of talking or reading other humans.

So, going from there:
Is it easier to msg people that you are playing with or against on the XBOX or on the PS4?
Cause back when i had an XBOX it was easy (and rightly so, tbh) as hell to send a msg to another person that you were playing, as in the PS4 you have to type the username.

Right?

I don't do it much so I cannot recall exactly. But I could have sworn there is simply a menu both os level and in some games that allow you to see and contact people you most recently played with.

ahhh here it is

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I mean, honestly I know intellectually that it's most likely an anomaly and that trash gamers are equal opportunity across all platforms, and that it depends on the game, but it was just jarring to see how much shittier XBL was for the same game.
and yet you still made this thread

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

So, going from there:

Right?

If you want to use facility of access as correlation to number of toxic users you should be targetting pc then

It's also pretty easy to say that the more than double userbase in most online games would make it easier to come across toxic people on PSN than Live. That would still be incorrect because as stated several times in this thread toxicity is inherent of people and it mostly depend on the communities and the games, not the consoles
How do your argument even stand for multiplatform people? Little Timmy call people bad names on XBL because its easier but hes a saint on PSN because he have to type an username (like this ever stopped someone angry and bitter for losing from trashtalking)? And it doesnt even look you need to do it judging for the video above.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Thread is just going to turn into another fanboy bloodbath. It's extremely unlikely we will have any hard data backing up anecdotal evidence.

When you create an OP that asks if one fanbase is shitter than others while ignoring the fact that mileage varies from person to game to if you're incapable of using the tools you're given if you're feeling harassed, then I'm not sure what response you think you're going to get other than a fanboy bloodbath.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't Sony think of the children tho?

They're all trash. I've had ppl be and seen it be bad on both XBL and PSN. Nintendo is the only one I would expect to be better. Don't play enough on PC for an actual opinion. Funny tho I picked all and that has the most votes, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.