• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ertai

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. I have a EU account/XB1X and i played US OG Xbox games as well as a US copy of Metal Gear Rising on it

Oct 30, 2017
it's actually pretty complicated! most 360 games were region-free in the first place so it's not a big deal, but i think the region-locked ones may still be locked — sega was the big outlier in my collection. i don't have any compatible OG xbox games to test with.

as for downloading games, you may need to do a bunch of region-switching bank account gymnastics that isn't required for regular XB1 games, but it's doable if you have a card from the region originally associated with your live account. it's probably fine if you're not in my specific situation, ie having moved to another country a decade ago in the 360 era and carried that account over to the XB1.

OP
OP
Occam

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
I have tons of region locked Japanese imports (physical discs, mainly Xbox 360). So would those run on a non-Japanese Xbox One?

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
I have tons of region locked Japanese imports (physical discs). So those would not run on a non-Japanese Xbox One?

Should work. Though I only tested with my Japanese copy of Lost Odyssey on an Australian Xbox One.

*Japanese Copy and not the Asian version with English audio/subs that worked on PAL consoles

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Buying digital BC (360 & OG) games isn't region free by default, everything else is region free.

Status
Not open for further replies.