• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is your character vote in the Smash Ballot in the game yet?

• Yes

Votes: 163 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 188 53.6%

• Total voters

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of newcomers, Ultimate has Ridley, King K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie. Those were probably the three I most wanted to see, and each of them has been realized beautifully!

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
K. Rool B o y z

k.roolsmashrevealqzk1p.gif

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I voted Bayonetta at the time and was thrilled to see she won the ballot.

If there was a ballot today my vote would be Neku from The World Ends With You.

I'll gladly settle for a Neku Mii costume and TWEWY music.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Wolf considering I played him in Brawl, so yes.

I probably would of voted for Banjo & Kazooie if I had confidence in them being possible at the time.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
My number one was and always will be Geno.

But my 2 and 3 were Banjo and Ridley, so I'm pretty decently happy.

Still. Geno would make it complete.

sigmaxchange

Banned
May 9, 2018
Orlando, FL
I voted Kyle Hyde and he's just a spirit. He'll probably never be playable in Smash.
Bayonetta was my vote and even though she made sense at the time, I had given up hope. I was so hyped when she actually made it in!!

My other vote was Kyle Hyde and will be until the day I die. He would be an amazing choice but sadly will never happen, as you said. He's too obscure, I fear.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still missing (as far as playable):

- Knuckles
- Proto Man
- Isaac
- Poo or Jeff, hell I'll take Paula

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I got Inkling & Bayonetta, but not Wonder Red or the Chorus Kids. But at this point, I lost most interest in any of the guys I was hoping for (including Rex, Spring Man, Phoenix Wright, & Dante) given the current situation with Smash's lack of gender & racial diversity (see my avatar).

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. My one vote was for a Rhythm Heaven fighter, namely Chorus Kids, and it will forever hurt knowing that they were planned at one point but ultimately cut. I've accepted it at this point, but it still sucks that we'll probably never get a Rhythm Heaven fighter.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I was Team Bayonetta before the ballot was even a thing, or hell, before I had even played the series (never had a PS3/360 so my first touch was with 2 and 1's re-release on Wii U). You could tell from the jump that she was perfect for the series.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
I voted for two characters with one in and the other not. One made in as an Echo that has no differences in gameplay from the original fighter, while the other is unfortunately an Assist Trophy. At least I gain solace that the character I wanted has got ample support (even if the amount of detractors is also pretty high).

In case you don't know what characters I am referring to, it's Daisy and Waluigi respectively.

Thank you for reading.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I voted for Impa and Mike Jones, so no.

In general though, I was hoping a DQ rep would e coming after Cloud and was hoping for one since and an SNK rep was my "longshot character". So I'm happy I got those.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
I remember wishing they'd add Wolf back in, but can't remember if he was on a ballot.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure mine was Isaac from Golden Sun, so the answer would unfortunately be no. He came back as an Assist Trophy, though, after being cut from Smash 4, so at least he wasn't forgotten.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow Crono, the most obvious legacy pick, is still not in. I don't think he even charted in some of the fan polls. I don't get it.

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
I voted Bayonetta so yes. My next choice would've been Jack Frost from smt but joker is good enough.

Sovan Jedi

Oct 30, 2017
Southampton, UK
My three top picks during the 3DS/Wii U ballot were K. Rool, Simon Belmont and Banjo, and all of them are present and excellent fun to play with, so I'm happy.

I also wanted Shovel Knoght and Sans in. Even though neither are their own "real" playable characters, I'm still so happy that the game acknowledges both in their own cool ways.

if Geno finally makes it in as playable (and not a costume again) there is literally nobody else I would want in Smash. Seriously, since Banjo's reveal I tried really hard to think of someone I'd be even slightly interested in having In as a preferred choice, and my mind can't muster up anyone other than the Mario RPG Star.

But you can get Ditto from Pokeballs in the game! ;D

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep, Bayonetta. If there was a ballot today I'd vote for Jill Valentine.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yep, Banjo. Second was Ridley and third K. Rool. Now I honestly don't have a number 1 no more, any character is cool in my book.

Hydewell

Feb 12, 2019
Spain
I voted for Isaac. Sadly, he returned as an AT. I guess it was a compensation for not having new games despite its popularity, but...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it was ridley.
The others were wonder red and hans (golden sun) so still work to do (that will never be done lol)

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know how Sora can't make it in he's had a few Nintendo exclusive games.
Basically it comes down to "something something Disney not Square Enix" and "Disney don't want their characters in a fighting game which is why Sora isn't in Dissidia even though the Dissidia director wanted him in."

Those are the two reasons I generally see, but with more characters coming beyond the Fighters Pass I'm holding onto hope.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Basically it comes down to "something something Disney not Square Enix" and "Disney don't want their characters in a fighting game which is why Sora isn't in Dissidia even though the Dissidia director wanted him in."

Those are the two reasons I generally see, but with more characters coming beyond the Fighters Pass I'm holding onto hope.
There's also the concern of the licensing of Sora (Ex: music rights, streaming rights, keeping Sora on the eShop indefinitely, etc.). It's not impossible, but it'll probably be harder to negotiate with Disney than even Square-Enix. But if Nintendo can get past Disney, the rest should be smooth sailing.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone I ever wanted is in except Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo and Dracula

I think I asked for Ridley back then?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder Red.

Nope, at this point it's nothing but a pipe dream unless they re-release Wonderful 101 on Switch. Plausible with Platinum's newfound success with Nier and Astral Chain, but I'm not gonna hold out hope anymore.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
75% Yes and 25% No...

While I've got my most requested with Banjo-Kazooie (plus Ridley and Dark Samus as a Metroid fan), Rayman was my other choice at the time.

When I saw his trophy in Smash 4, I had hope that one day he would make it in as a Ubisoft rep against the likes of Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman.

While he's still not confirmed for Ultimate DLC I feel like Rayman would be a great choice after getting Banjo-Kazooie as the first Western rep (not to mention Crash Bandicoot if he gets in too).