• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Zebra ? marble ? chess ? UGLY

You want the classier, less tacky glitter ? Pay us double.

I love when companies create a problem then sell you the solution. Especially when its double the price and pirated software.

Oct 25, 2017
after seeing that list...
absolutely
they're charging over 6 thousand dollars up to 27K for an emulation box filled to the brim with stolen games
1N0UjV3.jpg

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this baby has league bowling and turf masters, can i pre-order it

Oct 28, 2017
The licensing question is curious. Its like 10/90 in my mind. There's 10% chance that YSL is careful about getting into trouble but 90% chance that they don't give a fuck because they aren't going to be selling many of these and can just discontinue it if it gets into trouble.

A lot of these luxury brands can get pretty bad when it comes to stealing and using artwork without attribution.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong 3, and Donkey Kong Junior are in the list of 680 games lol. Yeah, no way Nintendo signed off on this let alone every other company. I can't even count how many KOF titles I see.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Luxury fashion brands and stealing other people's work

Name a more iconic duo

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I'm sure the IP holders for Wild West: COWBoys of M.O.O. Mesa and JJ Squawkers signed off on this along with Nintendo, SNK, Capcom....

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
A YSL themed arcade cab sounds fire actually. I might make a custom one now.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely not licensed.

It's also kind of amusing that this is branded (both by YSL and Neo Legend) as the "Pocket Arcade". It's ~30+cm in every dimension and has twice the weight of an original Xbox. Might fit in a Kaiju pocket but not a human one.

Maybe copyright law is a bit different in France.
Not different enough to allow this machine to legally exist (every country that's a signatory to the Berne Convention - which includes France - has certain levels of copyright protection which are more than sufficiently strict to disallow this machine). Seems pretty clear that the only reason that this product range exists is that it's flown under the radar.

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
For that price it should at least have Sanwa or Seimitsu hardware for the joystick/buttons.

apparently it does! From the Neo Legend site:

• 2 x 6 Sanwa Denshi OBSF/C 30, or Seimitsu PS14 KN. 30 mm gaming buttons, 1 million clicks guaranteed, high quality.
  • 2 Sanwa Denshi JLF TP 8YT joysticks or Seimitsu LS32-01, adjustable in 8 or 4 ways. High quality.
  • 2 mm Sanwa Denshi LB35 balltops, or Seimitsu LB39, high quality.
  • 4 Sanwa Denshi OBSF/C 24 or Seimitsu PS14 DNK; 24 mm control buttons, 1 million de clicks guaranteed, high quality
  • 2 START Happ U.S style "old school" with 1 and 2 players patterns. 1 million de clicks guaranteed, high quality.

The hardware and build quality, while def not worth the outrageous ysl price, doesn't actually seem that bad at a glance. It's just the whole "we almost definitely didn't license these games" thing is real shitty...

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
ever since Hedi joined then left YSL has gone full steam ahead into garbage lifestyle products. Won't deny that if I was a trashy multi-millionaire that I would not buy a marble $27k retro cabinet.

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
YSL has been leeching off of niche gaming for a few years now. They had a bootleg and unplayable Dance Dance Revolution machine in their showroom for a few months. This doesn't surprise me, but the licensing question is very curious.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My eyes popped out when I saw how many licensed games (many of which seem incredibly expensive) are on that list. There's no way they've licensed all of these, right?