• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Feel free to assign whatever intention you want, I quoted the last few paragraphs of the article which I found to sum up his feelings (and the article) pretty well. It wouldn't have mattered how innocuous of an article I posted, the GoT toxicity here on Era was always going to bubble up to the surface. People here just can't stand their opinions not being heard and valued.

So you quote the section you feel sums up the core of the article but get angry when people try to discuss it. Were you just wanting a long list of posts saying "that is good and you are right" to help validate your personal views? Is this your first time using a discussion forum? Get out of your bubble.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
OP didn't you state in another thread that you didn't want to watch Lindsay Ellis' video on Game of Thrones if she's critical of the final season? You said that it sounded "insufferable"... And then wildly accused people who criticize the show on YouTube are only doing it for clicks?

And then you stated that the only two people you now like for Game of Thrones commentary are coincidentally two people who have been mostly positive about this last season.

What I'm getting at is that both this OP and seemingly all your recent posts in Game of Thrones topics have been almost...ANGRY that (seemingly most) people on this website and the internet in general have differing opinions about the show than you.

Just an observation.

It's okay, I liked Lost's church ending a ton. It sucks feeling like you're the only one that liked something you really cared about. But I do recognize the flaws of Lost's ending.

99% of the time you can still love a show/movie/book despite its flaws and you're not wrong for doing that. You don't need to find articles or people who agree with you to try and make OTHER people feel like they're wrong and you right.

zthan

Oct 27, 2017
Well written article, enjoyed reading it and I agree with him. Despite the last two seasons having obvious problems compared to the earlier ones, I still love the show, the characters, the lore/world, there's so much good about it. What a journey has it been.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I dont know. Not my post. But yeah, that treatment of the actors is disgusting, especially that one about killing off Ros because the actress didn't want to do nude scenes.
This seems like a lie though, considering in interview just few days ago she talked about the nudity
"I've always been fairly defensive, possibly is the word, of the nudity that I've done because I feel that firstly, what we're producing is entertainment and we will be very naïve to think that sex isn't a part of modern culture's entertainment. And also, especially on a show like 'Game of Thrones,' it's a real part of the world in which it inhabits; prostitution, sex, it's part of the life they're depicting," she said"
"Bianco, who is a former burlesque performer, has "absolutely no regrets" about any of the scenes she shot and would totally do it all over again."
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/esme-bianco-game-of-thrones_n_5cdd71b6e4b09648227c377a?guccounter=1

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Literally losing my mind anyone thinks people are upset that it wasnt a happy ending or ambiguous when its virtually the happiest ending to a show I've seen in recent memory. Literally everyone but westeros Hitler got everything they wanted and to live happily ever after.

Bittersweet because Dany broke bad and was murdered by Jon.

Jon got exiled.

Arya's never coming back to Westeros.

Tyrion lost his family.

The Starks break up for good.

Bran and Sansa got pretty happy endings though.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bittersweet because Dany broke bad and was murdered by Jon.

Jon got exiled.

Arya's never coming back to Westeros.

Tyrion lost his family.

The Starks break up for good.

Bran and Sansa got pretty happy endings though.
Jon got what he was made for and what made him the man he is
Arya's probably coming back
Tyrion's family was garbage, even Jaime in the end, at least I hope he realized that
The Stark don't break up for good, Sansa can visit both Bran and Jon, so can Bran.
I hope you never have to watch someone you love fade away from chemo and die due to cancer. The way people throw that word around on this forum is both evil and incredibly immature.

It should be ban worthy and just as bad as trans-phobia or racism imo.
Boy this shit is gross

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you're a fan of Daenerys which most of the casual audience was, it's sad.
Well fair enough. That was sad. And the heel turn was completely out of nowhere IMO since they really softened up her character from the books. (At least from what I remember) It definitely could make sense and will probably also happen in the novels. But the execution of her free fall into madness was terrible.

She went from standing with Jon against the scourge of all mankind who will destroy all of Westeros (Or not cause it took what less than half her armed forces lol) to just firebombing civilians as Medieval Hitler in three episodes. Three! Rushed as hell.

The show probably should have gone with their own ending instead of following GRRM's outline because the show was pretty seperate from the books anyway.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, David Benioff. Amanda Peet is infamous for supposedly spreading rumors and gossip on this gossip site called crazydaysandnights. She seems to make up a lot of BS and spreads a lot of bullshit about Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington. I mean believe it if you want. Anyways, back to D&D.

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/c...its/eo2mum0?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Gotta dig in there a bit of the behind the scenes stuff.
This is quite cringey, with valid criticisms being buried under ranting about necessary book-to-film adaptation changes or just personal attacks on the duo's personal life. I was expecting to find a sentence "The Wiki remembers that you forgot a Starbucks by Dany..!11".

Guffers

Nov 1, 2017
Christ on a bike, did anybody read the article? It's a lovely interview with a smart young kid who has done a great job on this show for a decade. I didn't love the finale, but even if you outright hated it, you have to admit that the actors were absolutely world class and did an incredible job selling the writing for what it was.

"Bran becoming king is a victory for the still and considered people of this world, who too often get sidelined by the commotion of those who are louder and more reactionary. He doesn't shout to make himself heard, but instead waits and chooses his words and actions very carefully. In that, I think Bran presents a valuable reminder to us all in this day and age where sensationalism is rife and anybody can voice an opinion to millions, to sit and consider things a little more carefully."

Isaac sounds like a very grounded, intelligent young dude. Unlike a lot of the man babies my age who are twisting themselves into spasms arguing over this TV show on the internet.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I've aparently become a defender of what was a completely lukewarm, flawed final season, but do you have any self-awareness of how ridiculous and unnecessary it is that you are calling out the showrunners "cancer"?

How about making a judgement that it was rushed for "no good reason," despite knowing nothing about the behind the scene factors behind the actual decision itself? What exactly can you tell me about running a television show? What is your resume, and how would you have balanced filming with actor negotiations and scheduling and managing creative control with suits at HBO who want to see the show go on forever?

Contrast this with the fact that I have also heard nothing but actors talking about how grateful they are to have worked on the show, how long they had to commit to filming in dreary weather away from their friends and family for much of the year, and the enormous human toll of putting this show together on a crew of thousands. For eight years. These people are all enormously grateful to get to move on with their lives, proud of what they have accomplished together, and yet fans (Ironically? Unironically? Probably both) are asking for them to come back and give them the ending they want.

So maybe I'm just too old for the internet now, but the hyperbole and toxicity really grates on me. By all means voice your criticisms! That's not what this is about. The ending could have been so much better! But calling the showrunners "cancer" (so gross) does nothing but reinforce this senseless, meaningless entitlement on the part of "fans" whos only contribution is consumption or critique of someone else's creative output.

Its not enough to be disappointed, no, it must be torn down.
I know you posted this a few pages back, but it is really wonderful and needs to be seen by more eyeballs. People really need to take a step back.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Very interesting article, thanks for sharing. I remember reading somewhat comparable interviews/articles from LOST/LOTR/Harry Potter actors, but seldomly straight from the source and as well-written as this one. Dude has had strange youth for sure. Wonder which actors from GoT we'll see more of in coming years.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is the source?

PGzX9ru.gif