• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Reading about people who have been locked out of content, achievements/trophies, and getting refunds from MS for Destiny 2 because of this, just brings home how behind the times Sony are.

Every single one of the big platforms now offer some form of refund except for Sony.

As someone who is pretty heavily invested in Sony's ecosystem, it's incredibly disappointing and actually just encourages me to spend more money on Steam instead.

I know they can afford to be anti-consumer due to their market position, but I'm surprised there isn't more backlash against it, especially given how shady AAA publishers are being at the moment.

Is it just a pipe dream as long as they are market leaders?

Would they implement refunds if they got enough pressure?

Do people even care?

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
It would be a huge differentiator for whoever does it. It would help a lot of Indies too I think as people would be more willing to try out games.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Refunds would be awesome.

While we're pipe-dreaming, can I get the 5 dollar minimum purchase removed, and also get them to fix their billing system so that clicking purchase the wrong way doesn't lock me out of making purchases with a credit card for 24 hours?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I thought that thread on Reddit had people getting refunds from Sony because of the gating of the Platinum trophy?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You need to make more informed purchases by reading reviews and youtubers playthrough. Also people can abuse it by completing the game and then ask for refund! You can also choose buy physical. /s

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if you're ever going to be able to get a refund on a game you have played for 2+ months (Destiny 2). Microsoft is probably going to nix that shit. It sounds like that situation is entirely dependent on how much you are willing to argue with Microsoft customer support.

Right now Sony should just try to work on easy stuff, like letting people cancel pre-orders.

OP
OP
the_kaotek1

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
I thought that thread on Reddit had people getting refunds from Sony because of the gating of the Platinum trophy?
Some people are, but it very much depends on who you get on the end of the line. It was the same with No Man's Sky (I got a refund for that, loads didn't)

Edit: to address the point above me, I don't want a refund for Destiny 2, it was just the most recent example of their shitty policies.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Right now Sony should just try to work on easy stuff, like letting people cancel pre-orders.
This is the biggest thing for me. They charge for pre-orders there and then, but have no option to cancel. It's odd.

Refunds need to happen though, sometimes a game is just not what it's supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.