• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
let what slide? israel has been constantly invading the airspace and bombin in syria. this isn't something new
and "godspeed IDF" is the most disgusting combination of words i've heard in a while

Godspeed IDF

No, but Russia knows it will destroy the Israeli airforce. And pretend they didn't do it.

If this is true, it's going to make this situation worse.
In response Israel will strike their sams and pretend they thought they were Assad's, shrug smiley.
Just like America had zero qualms striking Assad forces in response to their attack on the SDF, thereby killing scores of Russian pmcs.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Godspeed IDF

In response Israel will strike their sams and pretend they thought they were Assad's, shrug smiley.
Just like America had zero qualms striking Assad forces in response to their attack on the SDF, thereby killing scores of Russian pmcs.

you seem way too giddy at the prospect of israeli military getting a chance to wave their dicks. chill out.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
And the regime killing thousands of people before any western intervention whatsoever ? If Obama had maintained his red line, Russia wouldn't have intervened and Syria would be a very different place today.

The reason of the Syrian war is simple: Assad didn't want to loose grip on his power, so he called up on the Hezbollah, Iran and Russia to save his throne against the majority of his own people.

Listen to this man or woman.

this is concerncing.

As it just allow Russia to test there Anti Air systems on "American" vehicles, and appears to have been successful

The F-16 is 40 years old. US military knows full well that Russians exported and posses means of downing those planes.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Godspeed IDF

Lmfao does Israel really have a PR team ready to deploy these infographics after their "attacked"?

As always, Israel comes out looking like a bunch of bloodthirsty baboons.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Godspeed IDF

I imagine Israel would just nuke them. Which is why this is a sensitive situation with no winning strategy for Israel if it keeps going. Potential for getting bad is very close here.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
you seem way too giddy at the prospect of israeli military getting a chance to wave their dicks. chill out.
Apologies for rooting for Israel's retaliatory response to Assad and his Iranian terrorist proxies.

So...What is this tweet supposed to tell us? We already know that the IDF intercepted an Iranian drone in Syrian land that is being occupied by Israel and sent fighter jets in retaliation.
Response to:
let what slide? israel has been constantly invading the airspace and bombing in syria. this isn't something new
and "godspeed IDF" is the most disgusting combination of words i've heard in a while

You start a war, you get rekt and lose a war, you lose land. Ask Nazi Germany.
Israel would probably give back that land if Syria signed a peace treaty. Egypt did exactly that a got the Sinai back. At least then Syria would have a legitimate claim in personal opinion.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the regime killing thousands of people before any western intervention whatsoever ? If Obama had maintained his red line, Russia wouldn't have intervened and Syria would be a very different place today.

The reason of the Syrian war is simple: Assad didn't want to loose grip on his power, so he called up on the Hezbollah, Iran and Russia to save his throne against the majority of his own people.
I didn't say that he was free of any wrongdoing. All I am saying is that while Assad would still be a heartless monster, it wouldn't have become a huge proxy war had the west not started arming random militia groups that might be linked to ISIS.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
So wait am I miss reading this or did a drone enter Israeli airspace by accident and they retalliated by sending bombers into Syria? Isn't that a little bit over the top as a retaliation?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for rooting for Israel's retaliatory response to Assad and his Iranian terrorist proxies.

Response to:

You start a war, you get rekt and lose a war, you lose land. Ask Nazi Germany.
Israel would probably give back that land if Syria signed a peace treaty. Egypt did exactly that a got the Sinai back. At least then Syria would have a legitimate claim in personal opinion.
How would they give it back if Israel is building settlements in that land? They are not using that land for any security reason, they are building it and I doubt a country like Israel would do such a thing then give it away.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
you just seem like a war hungry person, it's quite sad

lmao
No response possible.

Went to war, lost said war, lost land. It's quite simple really and as I already said: it was resolved in the Sinai with Egypt.
That's some history revisionism you've got there.
Explain.

I imagine Israel would just nuke them. Which is why this is a sensitive situation with no winning strategy for Israel if it keeps going. Potential for getting bad is very close here.
Personally I don't think so. It's just calling Putin's bluff. Russia doesn't really control all that much in Syria, not even its Assad Iran axis. Their main concern in Syria is to keep an Assad led vasal state afloat.
Yet Assad continues to use chemical weapons and Iran continues to funnel advanced weapons to Hezbollah in Lebanon. Russia doesn't want either of those things to happen, but they happen regardless.

How would they give it back if Israel is building settlements in that land? They are not using that land for any security reason, they are building it and I doubt a country like Israel would do such a thing then give it away.
Israel had settlements in the Sinai too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Former_Israeli_settlements_in_Sinai
It worked in the past, why shouldn't it work now?

Edit:
A Kurd cheering for Israel. Interesting.
Explain.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went to war, lost said war, lost land. It's quite simple really
you seem to belive you're living in the middle ages. that's not how things work in the modern world with the existence of international laws. and the land you claim to be israel's, is considered by pretty much every other country to be syrian land occupied by israel.

Bionicman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy an IAF F-16 was shot down, all that IDF pride smeared by a 40 year old S 200 missile. In return the IDF did their usual bombing runs which make little difference on the ground. IDF getting their reputation sullied and their nose smeared to the ground is always good in my book, reminds of when the IDF was constantly humilated in South Lebanon.

Second round of retaliatory strikes apparently ongoing. Thread:

Did Assad and his Iranian proxies really think Israel would let that slide?

Godspeed IDF

ACcording to 'rebel' buzzing walkie talkies... Rebels are nowhere near Nayrab and haven't been near Nayrab for over a year. If we're going to beleive those tweers then Assad lost all of his airbases overnight.

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Israel had settlements in the Sinai too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Former_Israeli_settlements_in_Sinai
It worked in the past, why shouldn't it work now?

Well, let's start with the obvious. Likud and Netanyahu.

You really expect a party like that to just leave any potential land they could get? Not to mention that back then they didn't want to leave these Sinai settlements and wanted to still have control over the area. Thankfully those assholes were not in power.

Netanyahu even came out and said the land belongs to Israel now.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm happy an IAF F-16 was shot down, all that IDF pride smeared by a 40 year old S 200 missile. In return the IDF did their usual bombing runs which make little difference on the ground. IDF getting their reputation sullied and their nose smeared to the ground is always good in my book, reminds of when the IDF was constantly humilated in South Lebanon.
feeling exactly the same. i hope if israel is that dumb to make the same mistake twice the next one gets shot down as well

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one with genuine intentions would cheer a bloodthirsty government, so I'll cut to the chase. Israel being "successful" to establish and run an ethno-state (read apartheid) doesn't mean another one is going to happen in ME.
i really hope the kurds, in their pursuit of getting their own independent state don't follow zionist ideology and israel as an example. they don't have the backing of the west to the same degree so it'll likely never happen, but still.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
you seem to belive you're living in the middle ages. that's not how things work in the modern world with the existence of international laws. and the land you claim to be israel's, is considered by pretty much every other country to be syrian land occupied by israel.
Middle ages? I just gave you the example of Nazi Germany.
There are plenty of examples of countries occupying foreign lands. Just off the top of my head:
Turkey: Northern Cyprus
Russia: Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Crimea
Armenia: Nagorno-Karabakh

None of the countries whose lands were occupied in the above examples went to war with the occupying powers (debatable for N-K). Israel has shown willingness to return occupied lands in exchange for peace treaties so while the occupation may in violation of international laws, so are wars, you know?

Bionicman

Oct 27, 2017
feeling exactly the same. i hope if israel is that dumb to make the same mistake twice the next one gets shot down as well

My theory was this whole thing was an ambush by the IRGC, luring in the F-16s and only engaging the SAMs at the last minute. Retaliation for the past bombings.

If experience serves right, Hezbollah and the Qods force always retaliate given time.

People cheering the IDF don't seem to understand the dynamics here, this is Qassem Soleimani sending a message that the rules of war have changed, previously the AA defenses were kept only against missiles but now they will engage the IAF directly and that will force Israel to reconsider their stategy in Syria.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Israel called it a "severe and irregular violation of Israeli sovereignty."

This is super rich coming from Israel, given how the routinely violate lebanese and Syrian borders with impunity.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Middle ages? I just gave you the example of Nazi Germany.
There are plenty of examples of countries occupying foreign lands. Just off the top of my head:
Turkey: Northern Cyprus
Russia: Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, Crimea
Armenia: Nagorno-Karabakh

None of the countries whose lands were occupied in the above examples went to war with the occupying powers (debatable for N-K). Israel has shown willingness to return occupied lands in exchange for peace treaties so while the occupation may in violation of international laws, so are wars, you know?
So whataboutism is what you defend Israel with right? When you have to use whataboutism then you should really think about things a little, like maybe the thing you are defending might not be a thing worth defending.

And you honestly believe that Likud would do that (the bolded)?

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Phrasing it as Syria simply just deciding to invade Isreal without any mention of the context that was the Six-Day War is disingenious as hell.

Also, as others said, do you know what international law is?

Wars also violate international law.

Here is the context concerning Syria in this war (wiki):
Nasser induced Syria and Jordan to begin attacks on Israel by using the initially confused situation to claim that Egypt had defeated the Israeli air strike. Israeli counterattacks resulted in the seizure of East Jerusalem as well as the West Bank from the Jordanians, while Israel's retaliation against Syria resulted in its occupation of the Golan Heights.

No one with genuine intentions would cheer a bloodthirsty government, so I'll cut to the chase. Israel being "successful" to establish and run an ethno-state (read apartheid) doesn't mean another one is going to happen in ME.

What does it have to do with the Kurds? So he can't comment on the situation in Syria because he's a Kurd?
Where is the cheering?
Not going to react to false apartheid analogies since it's off topic.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My theory was this whole thing was an ambush by the IRGC, luring in the F-16s and only engaging the SAMs at the last minute. Retaliation for the past bombings.

If experience serves right, Hezbollah and the Qods force always retaliate given time.

People cheering the IDF don't seem to understand the dynamics here, this is Qassem Soleimani sending a message that the rules of war have changed, previously the AA defenses were kept only against missiles but now they will engage the IAF directly and that will force Israel to reconsider their stategy in Syria.
can i ask you a question?
as an iranian, ghasem soleimani is portrayed as a war hero here (not sure if i agree with that)
what is your personal opinion on him?
i'm curious how people outside of iran feel about him

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Bibi is smelling an election I see.

EDIT: Many of the comments here can clearly come only from people who've never lived in an area with such a conflict. Reducing the deaths from these kind of incidents to some score of a scoreboard is pretty low.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When your aggressions are so egregious and frequent that they need accompanying PR, you might be the bad guy.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Not going to react to false apartheid analogies since it's off topic.
That's not how "this is off-topic" works. You can't just say it's off topic and then state your, well, let's say highly debatable opinion on it anyway with the expectation of not being challenged on it.

This is rich after we just had the thread about Jewish POC immigrating to Israel in the 50s being forcibly/unknowingly sterilized and babies being stolen to be tested for racial inferiority.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, Israels actions to this day are simply that of an apartheid state.

But yeah, it's off-topic.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is an extremely contentious issue that is going to spark passionate points of view. It is imperative that you check your hostility at the door and engage with other members as calmly and thoughtfully as possible. This thread is toeing the line between stern political discourse and outright flaming and if participants do not course-correct moderation will intervene.

Do not mock or antagonize other members. Do not make light of the seriousness of this conflict. Do not attack one another and know when to walk away after you've said your piece.

Users who cannot who cannot discuss this situation respectfully will receive warnings or bans.

Bionicman

Oct 27, 2017
can i ask you a question?
as an iranian, ghasem soleimani is portrayed as a war hero here (not sure if i agree with that)
what is your personal opinion on him?
i'm curious how people outside of iran feel about him

My Iraqi friends love him, they see him as a commander, hero, and liberator. If it wasn't for his direction and unifying all of those paramilitary factions in Iraq when the Iraqi army faltered, ISIS would be besieging Najaf.

In Syria, he's liked by many Alewite and Shia, pro gov Sunnis but it irritates them sometimes whenever they make a gain against their opponents, its always the IRGC or Hezbollah getting all the attention or glory as one of my Syrian friends once told me. On the other side, the Syrian opposition, he's pretty much despised, he's either a majousi (fire worshipping zoroastrian or some nonsense) or a rafidi, they see him as the spearhead for a "resurgent Persian empire", a view shared by many Gulf Arabs, when the war started in Yemen Saudi media started rumors about Soleimani directing the Houthis.

As for Lebanon, again it's split, pro Iran media see him as a hero while pro Saudi media see him as an agent of sedition. While many Hezbollah supporters have this sense of superiority, they say that Soleimani seeks their help and not the other way around.

Yes I'm sure the IDF could use all of God's help, I mean the most combat experience they've ever had for the past 3 decades were chasing Palestinians kids in the West Bank and failing miserably in Lebanon.

Last edited:

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
do you view these as positive examples?
No, since they didn't have wars as a basis unlike the occupation of the Golan Heights.
The Israeli example is certainly more positive, more so in light of their peace treaty with Egypt.

So whataboutism is what you defend Israel with right? When you have to use whataboutism then you should really think about things a little, like maybe the thing you are defending might not be a thing worth defending.

And you honestly believe that Likud would do that (the bolded)?
No whataboutism whatsoever. The user claimed those things only happened in the middle ages. The best argument to dispute that is to bring forward examples not set in the middle ages, is it not?
The rest of your post was addressed the my previous post.
Sharon pulled out of Gaza, so it's not beyond Israeli right parties and figureheads to resort to that option.

That's not how "this is off-topic" works. You can't just say it's off topic and then state your, well, let's say highly debatable opinion on it anyway with the expectation of not being challenged on it.

This is rich after we just had the thread about Jewish POC immigrating to Israel in the 50s being forcibly/unknowingly sterilized and babies being stolen to be tested for racial inferiority.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg, Israels actions to this day are simply that of an apartheid state.

But yeah, it's off-topic.
I can absolutely do that because that's not the focus of my reply and not the focus of this thread.
I can't just go to lengths to explain my position on the Israeli Palestinian conflict in every thread about Israel and I feel like it would defend the purpose of said threads. If you're interested in my position check out my replies in the Lorde BDS thread.

There is a thread for the Yemeni Jewish children isn't there? I don't see how it's connected to Israel jets being shot down and Israel striking targets and Syria in retaliation.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hmm I never thought about it that way

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Iraqi friends love him, they see him as a commander, hero, and liberator. If it wasn't for his direction and unifying all of those paramilitary factions in Iraq when the Iraqi army faltered, ISIS would be besieging Najaf.

In Syria, he's liked by many Alewite and Shia, pro gov Sunnis but it irritates them sometimes whenever they make a gain against their opponents, its always the IRGC or Hezbollah getting all the attention or glory as one of my Syrian friends once told me. On the other side, the Syrian opposition, he's pretty much despised, he's either a majousi (fire worshipping zoroastrian or some nonsense) or a rafidi, they see him as the spearhead for a "resurgent Persian empire", a view shared by many Gulf Arabs, when the war started in Yemen Saudi media started rumors about Soleimani directing the Houthis.

As for Lebanon, again it's split, pro Iran media see him as a hero while pro Saudi media see him as an agent of sedition. While many Hezbollah supporters have this sense of superiority, they say that Soleimani seeks their help and not the other way around.
interesting, i assumed he'd be viewed more negatively. but then again, i'm never quite clear how the other middle eastern countries view iran and their operations. seems like the view on him isn't the same across the board.

Yemen Saudi media started rumors about Soleimani directing the Houthis.
i think these rumors still exist

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017

Well that's what Hezbollah PR claims anyways:

Last edited:

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No whataboutism whatsoever. The user claimed those things only happened in the middle ages. The best argument to dispute that is to bring forward examples not set in the middle ages, is it not?
The rest of your post was addressed the my previous post.
Sharon pulled out of Gaza, so it's not beyond Israeli right parties and figureheads to resort to that option.
Sharon was forced out, they never did pull out willingly. And I am talking about Netanyahu, didn't you hear what he had to say?
https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-vows-golan-heights-will-remain-part-of-israel-forever/

He made it extremely clear that they will never give it away.