• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
Why specifically can't this comparison be used?

Because even though Israel is a racist apartheid ethnostate engaged in ethnic cleansing and running fenced-in ghettos and murdering innocent people indiscriminately, it is offensive to some Israelis to compare their country to Nazi Germany.

I think there are a lot of very important differences between the Israeli government and the Nazis, although I doubt there is an American ally (or even a first world country in general) that resembles 1930s Germany more than Israel. I wonder if that's bannable.

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
*Pretends to be shocked* gif

I don't know what's more disgusting: the fact that Israel continues to be the scum of the earth or the USA allowing it to be the scum of the earth.

I'd say 100 years from now people will look on and question what the hell folks were doing but my fear is that these events won't even be truthfully written about.
It's incredibly hard to speak truthfully on Israel. Academics who do are blacklisted (see Norman Finkelstein or Steve Salaita). There's even a bill in congress right now that seeks to conflate criticism of Israel with anti-semitism in an effort to silence human rights activists.

US bill conflates criticism of Israel with anti-Semitism, rights advocates say
http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/u...anti-semitism-rights-advocates-say-1781599222

ANTISEMITISM BILL IS A CYNICAL ATTEMPT TO SILENCE HUMAN RIGHTS ON COLLEGE CAMPUSES
https://jewishvoiceforpeace.org/antisemitism-bill-silences-human-rights-activists/

ACLU STATEMENT ON SENATE INTRODUCTION OF 'ANTI-SEMITISM AWARENESS ACT'
https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-statement-senate-introduction-anti-semitism-awareness-act

Even on this forum, we're held to a higher standard than members of the Israeli government.

Netanyahu appoints Ayelet Shaked—who called for genocide of Palestinians—as Justice Minister in new government
http://mondoweiss.net/2015/05/netanyahu-palestinians-government/

If anyone posted here, what she did on Facebook, they would rightfully be banned, but she was appointed Justice Minister.

If Norman Finkelstein posted on this forum, he would also be banned.

BLACKLISTED ACADEMIC NORMAN FINKELSTEIN ON GAZA, "THE WORLD'S LARGEST CONCENTRATION CAMP"
https://theintercept.com/2018/05/20/norman-finkelstein-gaza-iran-israel-jerusalem-embassy/

This Haaretz columnist would be banned.

In Israel, Growing Fascism and a Racism Akin to Early Nazism
https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pr...m-and-a-racism-akin-to-early-nazism-1.5746488

I could go on.

Edit: I encourage everyone to listen to that Norman Finkelstein interview.

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
It's incredibly hard to speak truthfully on Israel. Academics who do are blacklisted (see Norman Finkelstein or Steve Salaita). There's even a bill in congress right now that seeks to conflate criticism of Israel with anti-semitism in an effort to silence human rights activists.

It's not just speech, BDS is getting closer and closer to being outright banned:

http://righttoboycott.org

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
User Banned (1 Week): Do not invoke Nazi comparisons in this topic. Many analogies are available to you, but not that one.
This is BS.

There are plenty of comparasions of Trump supporters to Nazi's and the mods don't bat an eye.

Isreal has been treating Palestinians like sub-humans, committing war crimes, ethnic cleansing and is turning the Gaza Strip into an uninhabitable open air prison.

In the face of all that, we have to be mindful of their sensitivities? are we not allowed to say Aparthied either?

And its obvious its not some generalizatiom, we arent pointing at jews or the average Isrealis (at least most of us are), we are talking about Isreal, a country with a government calling the shots, there is a clear hiearchy of power which can be held responsible.

What's the deal with the moderation team and their sensitivity to Isreal!?

If we were dealing with Trump, it seems like it would be fair game.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is BS.

There are plenty of comparasions of Trump supporters to Nazi's and the mods don't bat an eye.

Isreal has been treating Palestinians like sub-humans, committing war crimes, ethnic cleansing and is turning the Gaza Strip into an uninhabitable open air prison.

In the face of all that, we have to be mindful of their sensitivities? are we not allowed to say Aparthied either?

And its obvious its not some generalizatiom, we arent pointing at jews or the average Isrealis (at least most of us are), we are talking about Isreal, a country with a government calling the shots, there is a clear hiearchy of power which can be held responsible.

I would also like to know to why specific comparisons to policies cannot be made. This seems to be rather specific TOS of being an untouchable subject where a specific government or policies cannot be compared to another which I didn't know about until I saw that ban. I know many users have said similar things in the past but not banned for it but this is striking and I'm curious

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is BS.

i agree, this is very selective modding, and it isn't the first time that someone gets banned for comparing israeli regime to nazis. it makes no sense, and if this very specific thing (comparing israeli government to nazis) is bannable it should be specifically in the rules.
if it matters, i ask the mods to please remove that ban.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Israel has nukes and IDF are crazy enough to use them, it's not like they need NATO help.

Article 5 doesn't apply to Israel, what kind of non-news is that?

Israel isn't going to nuke themselves unless there is nothing left to lose, and I would bet on Likudites being run into the streets before they commit murder-suicide on an atomic scale.

That leaves a mostly conventional war against Iran and Russian proxies. Mind you, SA and the rest of the petro-tyrants will be on Israel's side, with US proxies of course--if not overt involvement.

Oct 25, 2017
Israel isn't going to nuke themselves unless there is nothing left to lose, and I would bet on Likudites being run into the streets before they commit murder-suicide on an atomic scale.

That leaves a mostly conventional war against Iran and Russian proxies. Mind you, SA and the rest of the petro-tyrants will be on Israel's side, with US proxies of course--if not overt involvement.

Poor Iran... eh. They are doing their little genocidal proxy war in Syria.

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

a) Israel has showed in the past that they can hold their own against their neighbours
b) NATO not helping out does not rule out the US helping out on their own
c) NATO not helping out does not rule out its member nations sending material support

this really means nothing, sorry to say

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Iran... eh. They are doing their little genocidal proxy war in Syria.

a) Israel has showed in the past that they can hold their own against their neighbours
b) NATO not helping out does not rule out the US helping out on their own
c) NATO not helping out does not rule out its member nations sending material support

this really means nothing, sorry to say

I have no love for the theocrats and their tribal thugs and proxies in Iran. There are very few clean hands on any side. That's why I resent Israel's sliding into fascism so much; they were founded--philosophically--on the unique value of human life, even in the face of great hatred.

The blood feud in the Levant and wider ME is infuriating, but ultimately only Truth and Reconciliation will address the wounds. But the leaders we're saddled with have no clue, nor desire to take that on.

This article is simply the Europeans publicly announcing that they won't go spending blood and treasure for Bibi while the US and its allies try Shock and Awe 2.0

Oct 25, 2017
I have no love for the theocrats and their tribal thugs and proxies in Iran. There are very few clean hands on any side. That's why I resent Israel's sliding into fascism so much; they were founded--philosophically--on the unique value of human life, even in the face of great hatred.

The blood feud in the Levant and wider ME is infuriating, but ultimately only Truth and Reconciliation will address the wounds. But the leaders we're saddled with have no clue, nor desire to take that on.

This article is simply the Europeans publicly announcing that they won't go spending blood and treasure for Bibi while the US and its allies try Shock and Awe 2.0

You are reading too many things into a statement, if you read the original only stated that Israel isn't covered under the article 5 umbrella, which is a non-news.

Kinthalis

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Spreading Conspiracy Theories about Moderation
As to the moderation bullshit on these threads, it's exactly that, bullshit. They won't tell you why or give any sort of rationale as to why... because there isnt.

My guess is some hard right Zionist piece of garbage happens to be a mod and the other mods aren't willing to say anything.

Oct 25, 2017
As to the moderation bullshit on these threads, it's exactly that, bullshit. They won't tell you why or give any sort of rationale as to why... because there isnt.

My guess is some hard right Zionist piece of garbage happens to be a mod and the other mods aren't willing to say anything.

The good old International Jewish conspiracy I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
You are reading too many things into a statement, if you read the original only stated that Israel isn't covered under the article 5 umbrella, which is a non-news.

NATO bureaucracy isn't using diplomatically-terse language in mainstream media interviews for nothing. Why even entertain the question in an interview if it's so obvious that Art.5 isn't relevant? Sec.Gens generally don't try to elbow allies unless they're sending clear messages to intransigent parties

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
If you have any problems with moderation, please PM a mod, so the process is completely opaque, even though the site strives for transparency.

Oct 25, 2017
NATO bureaucracy isn't using diplomatically-terse language in mainstream media interviews for nothing. Why even entertain the question in an interview if it's so obvious that Art.5 isn't relevant. Sec.Gens generally don't try to elbow allies unless they're sending clear messages to intransigent parties

There is NATO wide mechanism to do anything as a bloc in that regard. And I'm not aware that the NATO ever put a third country preemptive under its umbrella.
You are bulling stuff out of thin air.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
this is so wrong. israel doesn't represent the jews all around the world. this evil act has nothing to do with the jewish religion, israel is using the jewish religion and the experience of holocaust to partially justify their horrible actions, but that doesn't mean you can make blanket statements about all jews.

Thanks for this.

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Israel is a facist, aparthied country led by war criminals conducting a slow genocide in an open air prison thats called Gaza where the majority of the population are so dehumanized they do not have access to non-contaminated waters and are being systematically killed when they protest the conditions they live in, that Israel continue worsen as each day passes.

All those that vote in & prop up Israels leaders also have blood on their hands.

Fuck all the deflections, excuses and all the fucking victim blaming that is brought out to defend Israel.

Israel is literally no better than states like North Korea, with the mild exception that they don't consider Gazans/Palestinians as citizens while also refusing to acknowledge their statehood as they slowly kill them.

No need to bring up Nazism to critcize this shitstain of a government.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hello, all. As everyone knows, Israel/Palestine threads are some of the most contentious and difficult to moderate. Early in our history we tried being as hands off as possible to let people express themselves, and the result was that the discussions escalated out of control and permanent bans had to be issued.

Since then we've been enforcing three primary rules to keep these threads relatively civil and prevent escalation. These have been articulated already in various ban or warning banners, but for the sake of clarity we're collecting and explaining them here:

1. Do not conflate civilians with their leadership: This means you should not conflate all Palestinians with Hamas or attempt to paint all Palestinians as terrorists. You should also not hold all Israelis responsible for the actions of their government.

2. Do not condone violence or killing: This goes for both Hamas and the IDF, especially with regard to civilians.

3. Do not invoke Nazi comparisons in this context: There are historical reasons for why this type of analogy is highly charged, and it tends to derail these discussions. There are many other analogies available to you, but not this one.

If we're going to keep having these discussions then these are the boundaries that must be observed. Questions about site policy should be relayed to staff through PMs so as not to derail threads and keep them on-topic. Thank you.

Oct 27, 2017
There is NATO wide mechanism to do anything as a bloc in that regard. And I'm not aware that the NATO ever put a third country preemptive under its umbrella.
You are bulling stuff out of thin air.

Israel is a US priority, thus it's a NATO concern. It always has been, if you're being honest. Israeli counter-intelligence and the cooperation initiatives with the Levant and wider ME pushed by NATO and Israel are not secrets.

https://www.jewishpolicycenter.org/2018/04/11/israel-and-nato-history-and-progress/

What exactly do you disagree with? This is diplomatic slap fighting, for reasons you and I are not privy to.

you're right that people look back and israel and how the world allowed them to do this to palestinians with disgust in a 100 years, but the days of history being miswritten are over. as much as israel wants to re-write history, the entire history of the state has happened in modern times and has been well documented.
You would think that people will look back at it even more shamefully as they do South Africa. But the difference here is that the world does not support Israel at all and no amount of their hasbara propaganda can cover up these atrocities. US media is very shameful in their coverage with passive voice headlines and inaccurate narratives used to make Israel the victims. I think they know they've lost the narrative but decided to double down anyways. And I think you're absolutely right. We have tons of primary sources, videos, sound bites, etc. They cannot cover up what happened during this conflict. And it will look very bad in the future.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
If you have any problems with moderation, please PM a mod, so the process is completely opaque, even though the site strives for transparency.
I think this needs to be an open discussion.

Many users are asking the same questions, I myself asked these after I got fed up with seeing these incidents with no answer.

If I get an answer in private, what about the rest of the users wondering the same thing in this thread?

What if the mod's reasoning is problematic? There is a power difference between a normal user and a mod, at least in an open discussion, we can collectively ask for an improvement.

Edit: I see that the an explination has been given, thank you, that was all we needed.

Oct 25, 2017
Israel is a US priority, thus it's a NATO concern. It always has been, if you're being honest. Israeli counter-intelligence and the cooperation initiatives with the Levant and wider ME pushed by NATO and Israel are not secrets.

https://www.jewishpolicycenter.org/2018/04/11/israel-and-nato-history-and-progress/

What exactly do you disagree with? This is diplomatic slap fighting, for reasons you and I are not privy to.

That's not how it works. But good for you for whatever point you are trying to make here.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The alternative is believing that USA and Europe wouldn't do anything if Iran pushes the jews into the sea.
you're completely wrong if you think iran has the intention to do that. they're against the zionist regime, not the jews living israel, nor do they spread anti-semitism.
and unlike israel who actually attacks iranian bases in syria, iran doesn't attack israel in anyway. it's all talk from the regime to please the hardliners, they don't actually plan to do anything.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't treat me like an idiot, please. Iran's politics regarding to that topic was always against any jewish population in the region.
believe whatever you want. it's obvious your intention is to derail the discussion by bringing attention to iran, when the thread is about something indefensible that israeli government is responsible for.

Oct 25, 2017
believe whatever you want. it's obvious your intention is to derail the discussion by bringing attention to iran, when the thread is about something indefensible that israeli government is responsible for.

You just claimed something, without backing it up. Iran's "The World Without Zionism" rhetoric is clearly an attempt to etablish peaceful co-existence.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just claimed something, without backing it up.
i don't need to back up shit. i think the person who's saying iran wants to push jews into the sea needs to back up their claim.
it's not a good use of my time to argue with someone who's spewing zionist propaganda anyway, have fun and as i said, believe what you wanna believe.
Iran's "The World Without Zionism" rhetoric is clearly an attempt to etablish peaceful co-existence.
edit: a word without zionism isn't the same thing as pushing jews into the sea. i want a world without zionism too, as do many many others

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with everyone being an Zionist here, who doesn't want to get in line to make nazi comparisons?

You are the person who plain ignores threats again Israel which moves between the end of the state Israel and plain genocide. And nice, that you are openly talking about supporting another holocaust. Now we are talking about each other true motivation regarding to this topic - or maybe you really want to read something about the origin of this statement.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Her blood is totally on the hands of the IDF, the Israeli government, and the Israeli citizens who voted for people like Netanyahu to become Israel's longest running leader of their country. Sure there are decent Israeliss who fought back against their government, but for Netanyahu to hold that kind of record, it's hard to imagine that not many people in that country actually supported his and his government's killings against many innocents.

All of them are responsible for this.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal with everyone being an Zionist here, who doesn't want to get in line to make nazi comparisons?

You are the person who plain ignores threats again Israel which moves between the end of the state Israel and plain genocide. And nice, that you are openly talking about supporting another holocaust. Now we are talking about each other true motivation regarding to this topic.
I don't follow, what threats against Israel? How is he suporting another holocaust?

Man what are you even talking about. Mind explaining how he said those things?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her blood is totally on the hands of the IDF, the Israeli government, and the Israeli citizens who voted for people like Netanyahu to become Israel's longest running leader of their country. All of them are responsible for this.
agreed, i don't like how some people believe the general israeli population is completely innocent in all this, when it's obvious a large portion of them support the politicians who are responsible for these atrocities.

I don't follow, what threats against Israel? How is he suporting another holocaust?

Man what are you even talking about. Mind explaining how he said those things?
leave him be, he's just throwing stones to see if one of them hits. how he got me supporting a second holocaust from my post makes absolutely zero sense

zer0blivion

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

You are the person who plain ignores threats again Israel which moves between the end of the state Israel and plain genocide. And nice, that you are openly talking about supporting another holocaust. Now we are talking about each other true motivation regarding to this topic - or maybe you really want to read something about the origin of this statement.
You sound just like a white supremacist whining about a "white genocide."

MBeanie

Oct 27, 2017
Its telling when a poster creates imagined genocide in a thread about a regime that is involved in an actual genocide killing people indiscriminantly, including journalists reporting the very same killings and medical staff on the field trying their best to reduce the number of casualties in this regime continues to create.

Don't feed trolls people.

agreed, i don't like how some people believe the general israeli population is completely innocent in all this, when it's obvious a large portion of them support the politicians who are responsible for these atrocities.

leave him be, he's just throwing stones to see if one of them hits. how he got me supporting a second holocaust from my post makes absolutely zero sense
It's not like you haven't posted questionable stuff about Israel in the past.

And to the people complaining about moderation on stupid "Israel = Nazi Germany" posts.
The country I was born in built up a whole industry just for exterminating every Jew on this planet. What makes the Holocaust especially horrifying was the cold bureaucratic approach they chose, devoid of any form of humanity.
Do you seriously think that Israel does the same thing right now, running literal death factories?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What can you seriously expect from people who are totally shocked about Iran's ideological position regarding to Israel. That state which wants to wipe out Israel from the map (not my words) will of course do it in the most peaceful way if getting in such a position ever.

Oct 27, 2017
It's exactly what the quote is referring to.
I see what you are trying to do.

I will end it with this:

Zionism means justifying the genocide that is happening in Palestine. If you want to support that then be my guest but don't make up claims about anti Zionists being against a Jewish state because I am sure everybody here, who are anti Zionist don't support "Jews being thrown into the sea". Israel exists right now but at the same time it keeps stealing land in the name of Zionism. Whatever that movement stood for years ago is very different today.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I see what you are trying to do.

I will end it with this:

Zionism means justifying the genocide that is happening in Palestine. If you want to support that then be my guest but don't make up claims about anti Zionists being against a Jewish state because I am sure everybody here, who are anti Zionist don't support "Jews being thrown into the sea". Israel exists right now but at the same time it keeps stealing land in the name of Zionism. Whatever that movement stood for years ago is very different today.
zionism was an evil ideology from its inception, it was just more successful a hiding its true intentions in the beginning.