• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
It's not a party.

He (or she) has no respect for his (or her) neighbors.

This has been going on for a while.

It is obnoxious, it is unacceptable, and it happens often.

And I would call the cops but I don't want to deal with the drama.

What kind of human being does this? What is the rationale, the motivation?

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just scream at him? If it keeps going go outside and talk to him? Like yeah it sucks, but there is a way to stop it.

OP
OP
Vonnegut

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
Have you tried...like talking to them?

No. I called the cops, finally.

He hasn't stopped yet. The dispatcher said she would send a police unit by.

Also, why would I talk to him? It's not a misunderstanding. He's aware of the time, and I assume he's familiar with the concept of sleep and knows that people around him partake in the ritual of sleeping.

Police: Sir, I'm going to need you to turn down your music.

Jackass: I'm sorry, Officer. I didn't know I couldn't do that.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have a neighbour like this. I've called the cops repeatedly but understandably noise complaints are low priority of Friday and Saturday nights.

Last time they came he'd let off fireworks in his backyard and showered our home in sparks. They couldn't get him for fireworks but they did fine him for the music and then threatened to confiscate his sound system when he turned it back up while they were still here. That's shut him up for a couple weeks but it won't last forever.

Last time I confronted him about it he refused to modify his behaviour and that calling the police would change nothing.

OP
OP
Vonnegut

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
I have a neighbour like this. I've called the cops repeatedly but understandably noise complaints are low priority of Friday and Saturday nights.

Last time they came he'd let off fireworks in his backyard and showered our home in sparks. They couldn't get him for fireworks but they did fine him for the music and then threatened to confiscate his sound system when he turned it back up while they were still here. That's shut him up for a couple weeks but it won't last forever.

Last time I confronted him about it he refused to modify his behaviour and that calling the police would change nothing.

You have my sympathy. Your neighbor deserves a shellacking.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
No. I called the cops, finally.

He hasn't stopped yet. The dispatcher said she would send a police unit by.

Also, why would I talk to him? It's not a misunderstanding. He's aware of the time, and I assume he's familiar with the concept of sleep and knows that people around him partake in the ritual of sleeping.

Police: Sir, I'm going to need you to turn down your music.

Jackass: I'm sorry, Officer. I didn't know I couldn't do that.
You'll be lucky if cops ever show up.
I had this problem once with neighbors that didn't care at all and sound was loud as fuck despite the fact that we were 3 floors apart. Police said that a team would be dispatched but no one ever show up and they just stopped their music at 6am.
Too bad the same night those neighbors found keys so they put a piece of paper with their phone number so it was easier the next times I just had to tell them to STFU by phone.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
It's not a party.

He (or she) has no respect for his (or her) neighbors.

This has been going on for a while.

It is obnoxious, it is unacceptable, and it happens often.

And I would call the cops but I don't want to deal with the drama.

What kind of human being does this? What is the rationale, the motivation?

Do you live in an apartment complex or HOA by chance? I'm pretty sure quiet hours are a thing in most places and it might be a lease or covenant violation if you keep having this problem and cops aren't helping.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
My complex had a guy that would go out on the patio around the same time and practice his mad accordion skills. Definitely an interesting night.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
My neighbour above me used to blast music late at night and early in the morning occasionally, it was infuriating

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I know it was awhile ago, but I've found most times when someone does that, they WANT somebody to come out and say something so they can start shit. Best course is always to either just call the cops or ignore it

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's the type of people we can do without.
Have you tried throwing a bomb on their house?

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Huh, the police said they'd show up? In my experience, if you haven't tried informing the neighbor that they're too loud, police will tell you to do that first.

Deleted member 8683

User requested account closure
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't usually care enough to do something about it, I probably make noise sometimes too.

Also, I think this is something you shouldn't complain about unless you're willing to do something about it.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that's the type of people we can do without.
Have you tried throwing a bomb on their house?

giphy.gif

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
We have some absolute cunts in the next street that do this. Only last night, in fact. They've decided that as one of the houses next door is vacant, they can do whatever the fuck they like. Usually starts around chucking out time, and goes on till 4amish.

Police here don't deal with noise complaints, unless its on the street, so we have to contact the council. The council log the complaint and then ask you to keep a noise diary for 4 weeks before they consider doing anything. Fucking useless. These fucking sociopaths are keeping me, my GF and our toddlers up NOW! what the fuck are we supposed to do for 4 fucking weeks before you decide it's not worth following through with anything.

I bet these cockwombles know it, too, which is why they do whatever they want without fear of repercussions.

Monkeylord

Nov 8, 2017
UK
I didn't think it was possible to hate "Livin' On A Prayer" any more than I already did, but life is full of little surprises.

Christor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just shout shut the fuck up and blow a air horn to get them to stop. Worked 100% of the time for me

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In my experience people who are this inconsiderate in the first place don't care about what you say and it's more likely just to put you on their radar to be even more of a dick to.

^
They're not doing this shit because they don't realize how sound works. They're doing it because they don't care.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he's trying to win his girl back by playing the album they fell in love to. Be more considerate, OP

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
In 1am in the morning

Oh I know, I agree.

I just hate that we live in a time where everyone is pussy. World is populated by grown ass men who would rather call the cops than approach the individual to solve the issue.

It's your neighbor, just be a regular fucking person and ask them to turn the shit down. Simple.

But I guess if I was afraid of my own shadow, I would also call a bunch of systematically racist morons to handle every issue I encountered.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my experience people who are this inconsiderate in the first place don't care about what you say and it's more likely just to put you on their radar to be even more of a dick to.

In my experience they will usually turn it down a bit because they don't realize how loud it actually is to everyone else. But whatever call the cops and risk getting someone shot instead I guess.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I know, I agree.

I just hate that we live in a time where everyone is pussy. World is populated by grown ass men who would rather call the cops than approach the individual to solve the issue.

It's your neighbor, just be a regular fucking person and ask them to turn the shit down. Simple.

But I guess if I was afraid of my own shadow, I would also call a bunch of systematically racist morons to handle every issue I encountered.

You're not fooling us with the screen name, Biff.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Oh I know, I agree.

OP: "Hey man it's late, can you turn your music down"
Neighbor: "No"

Then what

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
We have some absolute cunts in the next street that do this. Only last night, in fact. They've decided that as one of the houses next door is vacant, they can do whatever the fuck they like. Usually starts around chucking out time, and goes on till 4amish.

Police here don't deal with noise complaints, unless its on the street, so we have to contact the council. The council log the complaint and then ask you to keep a noise diary for 4 weeks before they consider doing anything. Fucking useless. These fucking sociopaths are keeping me, my GF and our toddlers up NOW! what the fuck are we supposed to do for 4 fucking weeks before you decide it's not worth following through with anything.

I bet these cockwombles know it, too, which is why they do whatever they want without fear of repercussions.
I didn't think it was possible to hate "Livin' On A Prayer" any more than I already did, but life is full of little surprises.
Lmao

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana

Lmao.

OP: "Hey man it's late, can you turn your music down"
Neighbor: "No"

Then what

Has that happened to you? Or did you jump straight to calling 12?

I've never approached one of my neighbors and had them be a prick about this kind of shit so I'm assuming you either A) are the problem and don't know it or B) May genuinely have a dickhead neighbor. Not sure which is more likely if it's someone you consider a neighbor, honestly.