• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played every Uncharted game on the easiest difficulty.

Despite that, I might've died more times in Uncharted 2 than I did in my first playthrough of Dark Souls III.

AcAnchoa

Oct 30, 2017
I am unable to aim at a reasonable level on any FPS or TPS.

I am bored to death by Mario 64 and all 3D Zelda games (except Wind Waker).

I never use antialiasing and controller vibration. I have to focus a lot or use a screenshot to see jaggies and I hate, with all my heart, vibration.

I love doing stupid stuff and trying to do things the game does not want to do. A lot of times I also have more fun tinkering with mods (which includes creating my own ones) and the game files. I have even bought a few games just to mess around and abandoned some others because I could not modify anything on them. I guess is not strange that I'm working as a software QA analyst right now :P.

Last edited:

ChaosSaga

Oct 25, 2017
Around Hyrule
- Never played a playstation console for more than 15 min because I Hate DualShock (excluding portables).
- I love musou Games.
- I force myself to finish games.
- Pokemon Stadium made angrier than Mario Kart (blue Shells) and Mario Party (mini games).
- Bought Code Name STEAM to suport IS even tho I never played.

rgibbo36

Oct 27, 2017
-Despite owning them all, I've never played any of the Soulsborne games.
-I thought Final Fantasy VII and Ocarina of Time were okay.
-I liked Phantasy Star Universe a lot more than Phantasy Star Online (disclaimer: I had friends who I played PSU with. 95% of my time with PSO was spent solo)
-I enjoyed Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Halo 4.
-I thought Dragon Age: Origins was mediocre.
-I didn't mind the ending to Mass Effect 3.
-I've started Mega Man X like 20 times but never got past maybe three levels.
-I played Xenoblade Chronicles for a few hours the day it came out in North America and haven't touched it since.

Super Chuleta

Oct 30, 2017
Damn that's sad to hear. Even more frustrating because it is one of the worst bosses of all Souls games and the game got better again after that encounter.
Lol it wasn't so bad I did a lot of research on the game afterwards, saw the content I missed and grew a true love for the game, along with From Soft, since...also I may have never been able to dedicate the time into beating it, but I definitely Played through the beginning a bunch of times

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I have yet to beat Super Mario RPG and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I didn't own them when I was a kid, but played my cousins' copies and even borrowed ALTTP. I'd just always start it anew, though, and never actually finished it despite it being a favourite.

Although I loved Super Mario Galaxy, my copy of Super Mario Galaxy 2 is unplayed because I got sidetracked and keep getting sidetracked by other games.

For some reason, I couldn't get into the original Mass Effect despite being excited for it and buying it day one. I've tried twice, and keep getting to the same part (the big station hub) and then playing something else and not going back.

Miles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
- Any game that has an easy option gets played on easy.
- I've never beat a Grand Theft Auto game.
- I've never beaten a game in the Xeno series, but I own all of them apart from Saga 3.
- I've been playing fighting games since SF2, yet I can't do a Shoryuken motion.
- Since Mario went 3D back in 64, I never bothered with the 2D Mario's. I vehemently dislike New Super Mario Bros Wii.
- I own over 100 titles that I have never played. Not counting Steam.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
My first PC game was Doom 2, back in oh I don't remember, and ever since then I've loved FPSs. My sin? I would cheat my way through all of them! It wasn't until Half-life that I stopped using cheats. To make up for it, now a days, I usually start FPS on hard difficulty or higher.

As a life long Nintendo fan, I'm have to admit I really dislike Mario 64 (or 3D Mario in general, sadly Odyssey didn't change my mind). I also prefer the floaty controls of Super Metroid compared to the more recent 2D Metroid titles. Tried playing Metroid Zero Mission recently and couldn't get over the controls, for some reason.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the ultra realistic focus a lot of thw western devs have adopted. If I'm playing, I don't want to see a graphic description of death and blood, for that I can watch the mews and get depressed.
So, that leads to the "sin" of never caring about PS4/XONE since their most of their catalogue and exclusives do nothing for me.

The only games I'm sad about not playing are some Japanese releases.

Mrfluffypuff

Oct 27, 2017
Started a playthrough of Persona 3 a year ago and haven't bothered to finish it. The last time I played it was right before RE7 came out and haven't touched it since. I think I've put only 20 hours into the game.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I hate all versus or competitive multiplayer in all forms in all games.
I hate every game in the MOBA genre.
I prefer 3D Zelda's to 2D one's.
I've never played more than ten minutes of Mario Galaxy 2 but I've finished the first game.
I've only played one MGS game to completion, which was 4.
I hated Assassins Creed Syndicate and Unity, But love Origins.
The Souls games are easy and I don't get the big thing about their difficulty - they're super fun though.
I've never finished a 2D Metroid.
I couldn't get into Symphony of the Night.
Halo 1 and 2 are better than 3.
Dante's Inferno was enjoyable.
Uncharted 2 is better than 3.
I've never finished the main story of Skyrim.
I hated Oblivion but loved Morrowind.
Breath of the Wild gets worse the more time you don't play it/the more distance you get from it.
I've never played Jade Empire.
I've never played a Spyro game after Spyro 1.
Rock Band Blitz is the best music game ever made... and it doesn't even use instruments.
I got bored of VR.
Final Fantasy 15 is the only one I've been able to get into.
Resogun was far more enjoyable to me than any other Housemarque games I've played.
Diablo 3 is great.
I hate Overwatch.

Some of these are less sins and more just some surprising thoughts/opinions I had while thinking of this topic.

I finished Dark Souls by using cheat engine...

This makes me sad, the Souls games aren't difficult if you just logically approach every situation and learn the enemies mechanics by dodging until you're ready to attack — that's how I played Bloodborne anyway. I'm a little more defensive and even more withdrawn in the Dark Souls games, if anything I play them like a Turtle in RTS terms. You surely don't get much enjoyment playing a story light experience like a Souls game with cheats/hacks as the big enjoyment in those games comes from the combat and figuring things out.

HybridSnyper

Oct 27, 2017
I have never finished a single 3D Zelda game, and I generally dislike them. Same with GTA.

I have only played Super Mario 64 for about 5 minutes lifetime. I'm really not a fan of the N64 at all, frankly.

I only JUST beat the original Half-Life for the first time in September, and Deus Ex (the original) last year, despite buying them both Day One way back in the day.

I have never played a Pokemon game.

I buy most fighting games released, play them for a few hours max, then never touch them again. Love the genre, but I have so many story-based games I just can't spend time to git gud at fighters anymore. They're more diversions than anything.

I have only played 2 games competitively online. By that, I mean LITERALLY two matches: a match of Whacked when I was an Xbox Live beta tester, and a single match of Perfect Dark Zero. The toxicity of online gaming generally keeps me away.

I waited outside all night for a PS2 at launch, then promptly shoved it in a drawer for more than a year because I was (and remain) a Dreamcast fanboy.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Chrono Trigger is all that.

I mean, I surely understand the hype, it's a collaboration between people from Square and Enix happening in 95 ffs, but at the end, it's just not as ridiculously good as it sounds. It's a good RPG that is not greater than the sum of all the talent of the people who made it.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
I find Megaman games one of the hardest ever, while I breeze through all the Soulsborne bosses like it's nothing.

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
- I buy 99% Day 1, even without any intention playing them anytime soon. For example, I started & finished Shadow of Mordor this September, 3 years later. I'm generally more excited waiting for and buying games than actually playing them.

- the only Pokemon game I played was Pokemon Snap and I'm convinced that all of them games are crap (without experience or evidence of course).

- I bought every Platinum game Day 1, disliked all of them. I do not intent stop buying their games in the future.

- While I think that SotC & TLG are the best and most unique gaming experience of all time, I only played them once - fearing they would lose it's 'magic'.

- At release I was really into FFX, played it easily 8h/day. Days later I reached the final boss and realized after a bunch of tries that I would need to grind for a few hours to beat him. Never touched the game again. The good side: I felt so 'empty', as a result visited a party I absolutely had no intention going to. Met a girl, married her 2 years later (and still married to this day). :)

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
Sorry for digging this thread up but I have to confess.

Just sold my PS4 Pro.
Games I bought and had installed but didn't finish or didn't even start at all:

- Tetris Effect (~2h)
- God of War (~6 h)
- Furi (~5min)
- GT Sport (1h)
- Shadow of the Colossus Remake (Didn't even launch once)
- Ratchet & Clank (~2h)
- Matterfall (15min)
- Until Dawn (30min)
- Gravity Rush 2 (~7h)
- The Last Guardian (~2h)
- Abzu (~1h)
- Bound (~2h)
- The Evil Within (~2h)
- Journey (~30min)

And others.

Reasons:
- Nearly didn't touch it at all the last 6 months
- The games on it didn't grab me anymore
- PC gaming with 60+fps for the last two years made me lose the will to accept 30fps games. Also, ReShade rocks.
- Visuals showing their age
- Other hobbies (going down the audiophile rabbithole o_O)
- Twins on the way, won't have much time for gaming anyways
- PS5 and next gen on its way, BC will hopefully make it possible to re-visit some of those games

So yeah, a combination of things and end-of-generation fatigue.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking cannot play roguelikes for the life of me... it's impossible for me to pick up a game that is not built to be finished on a single run on the get go.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I've never played a Rockstar game in my life. No GTA, Red Dead Redemption, etc.

I've never played a classic Resident Evil game (RE, 0, 2, or 3). I've only played RE titles from 4 onwards, and the only RE I played that I really liked was 4, specifically the Wii edition. I still hope to this day that RE4 on Switch will receive a patch with gyro controls and I'm constantly let down.

I have played through Tales of Vesperia 3/4 of the way through twice. I restarted because I forgot what I was supposed to do and what the story was around that point after taking a long break. I started the game up again, got to the same point, and stopped again. I ended up buying it on Switch recently and I hope that I'll see it through to the end once I finally decide to start it up.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I think Dark Souls 2 is the best game in the series.

I think DMC2 is not that bad.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is one of the best rpgs in recent memory.

Starcraft 2 sucks.

WoW sucks and ruined Warcraft.

Sekiro is the worst From Soft game.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I've played about 1 or 2 hours total each of Mario games, Zelda games, Metroid games, Donkey Kong games etc. Basically Nintendo = I missed it all and during the Wii days, I thought I had better go and see what the fuss is all about. Would load them up, get about an hour in and put them down. Not Sins per se but certainly a common language about games I don't have. Just didn't take to them. Should have played them when I was younger to gain an appreciation but just missed them all entirely.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
- Clocked over 99 hours in Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball back on the original Xbox
- Never finished Super Metroid or Link to the Past
- Prefer Dark Souls 2 over 3
- Waiting for Hollow Knight to go on sale even though it's only fifteen dollars
- Didn't want a Nintendo 64 when it released because I thought polygonal graphics looked gross compared to the beautiful pixel art of the Super Nintendo