• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

breadtruck

Oct 27, 2017
I had a SNES, and had never played the Zelda or Metroid from that console, which are games that are often regarded as the best of the series by many. The bad part of this is I claim to be a big fan of both franchises.

I say I wont pay for DLC map packs, but Ive bought EA's Battlefield map packs since the beginning with 1942 (we used to call them expansion packs.) This finally stopped with BF:H and BF4.

I care about getting the stupid Steam sale Event badge during any big Steam sale.

Last edited:

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I played Hannah Montana for achievements and actually enjoyed it.

Skyrim is over-rated and Oblivion is better.

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
I have only one to be honest, one that I plan to finally fix soon. I have bought every game in Falcom's "kiseki"/"trails" series. Sora no kiseki FC, SC, and the third (both original and evolution versions), zero and Ao (again both original and evolution versions), nayuta, and all three of the sen titles (cold steel series). The only one I don't have is that spin off ys vs sora no kiseki title. And while I've been super excited and want to play them badly, I've been unable to put in the time required into them. In fact I've only played about 10 hours of fc.

But I must fix this cause I've wanted to play through this series badly. It's time to do it finally.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Hated OoT because there wasn't really a 'jump'-button...yeah...

Adolescent jealousy taken to the extreme, if only I spent the time with my friend playing it instead of hating him, and the game, due to myself not having an N64. Aaah what a horrible forum fanboy I would've been if internet was as prevalent then.

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't owned a Mario game since Super Mario World.
Super Metroid is the only metroid game I've played.
I screen watched in Mario Kart a lot.
I think Pokemon games have been recycled so much, that it's basically a trash series.
If there's a way to cheese it in any video game, I do it. Like standing on a rock that a melee monster can't get to.
I always say that Oot and LttP are my favorite zelda games. I've beat LttP once when it was new, but don't care enough about it to play it again.
I owned 1 game for Dreamcast, the rest I got pirated from a friend of mine. Dozens of them.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 14 with 2 (one of which was Sly cooper 1 which you get for just playing the game all the way through pretty much) so I'm pretty much in the same boat.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
- I consider myself an Ueda fan but haven't played Ico yet
- Kingdom Hearts is my favourite franchise, but I haven't picked up 2.8 yet
- Love Ni No Kuni, but haven't beaten it yet.
- The only Mario game I've really played was Super Mario Land on GB, I've tried others such as Super Mario Bros 3 and Mario 64. But Super Mario Land remains my best Mario experience.

Greenpaint

Oct 30, 2017
I occasionally buy loot boxes, and often buy MTX. I'm part of the reason why these things are here to stay, sorry guys.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
I've never finished FFVIII.. I couldn't beat the final boss, I've only reached her phase 2 and gave up literally, but oh well, I counted this game as one of the games I've finished only because I watched the end later on youtube..

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Never played Minecraft and I never want to

I've played through all of the Soulsborne games but have done it mostly through co-op, farming, or cheesing

Now that we have Samus Returns to replace Return of Samus I definitely consider Super to be the weakest Metroid game

I did easy mode for the last half of Mario + Rabbids just because I wanted to finish the game

mooncakes

Oct 25, 2017
I never buy those "AAA games" like Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham series,etc. When I have free time, I just watch all their cut-scenes on youtube since they are pretty much like a long movie anyways.

Oct 27, 2017
While playing with friends on the N64 I would always give my adversary the crappy controller. I would use the best one.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Couldn't beat the final boss in Xenosaga II so I watched the ending on YouTube since the game sucked (I is good, III is awesome).

Played Alien Resurrection with god mode because I found it terribly hard to play it on PSX (besides I rented it and had not much time with the game).

Probably many others.

Shade Vortex

Oct 28, 2017
USA, WA.
-I give up on playing games if they get too hard/frustrating for me to beat it in a small amount of time (nothing in the 1000+ hour mark basically, even 500+ is a stretch).
-I don't play fighting games because I don't have the patience to practice, and don't want to commit much time to it.
-Despite striving to like a variety of games/franchises I mainly stick with Nintendo games
-I don't replay games that I buy much, as I'm the type to always look for fresh experiences rather than get more out of what I have. So it's rare for me to 100% games or speedrun them, and the like.
-I talk about games way more than I actually play them.
-I like RPGs but I hate grinding.
-I hate RNG way more than anything else in games because I tend to think I have absurdly bad luck, even if that's statistically impossible.
-I like Sonic games, that should be considered a gaming sin altogether at this point.

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even though you can find information about games online, I order strategy guides from Prima and Future Press.

I'm a great book lover, and the hardcover strategy guides are some of the most beautiful books being published today. Also, because I'm an old school gamer, and have always liked manuals and the physical extras publishers would often include in the game boxes (cloth maps, for example), I just like having a physical representation of the game I'm playing.

I'm on the PC and haven't bought a physical copy of a game in ten years.

———

Also, sometimes, at the end of a hard day, I'll feel like playing a game, but will have only fifteen to thirty minutes before bed. I'll sit there staring at my Steam Library, wondering which game to play. Fifteen minutes later, having done nothing but stare at my Steam library, and read a few posts at the Steam Forums for a few of the games I own, I'll switch off my PC and go to bed without having launched a single game.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never beaten any of the original Megaman games. Theyre fun but they're too hard for me.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never finished the original Super Mario from start to finish properly. Always used the warp since I was a kid.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Sold FF6, Chrono Trigger and Super Metroid after high school

tenor.gif

Droland42

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played a Zelda Game and have no intention to.
I really don't care for the newer mario games - haven't liked Mario since Super Mario World
I've never really finished a Metal Gear Solid Game - got close to completing 4 but still haven't.
I have a mic but prefer not to use it.
I download the free games from PS+ with no intention of playing most of them. (I'm a game hoarder)

Oct 28, 2017
  • I bought a Telltale Games game for the easy (guaranteed) platinum trophy :/
  • If there is a way to cheese a hard part in any game, I'll cheese it rather than doing it the way it was intended

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I still haven't finished Breath of the Wild, the first 20 hours or so were truly magical but once I was done with the first divine beast I started feeling bored of the huge but mostly barren world and visually tiresome shrines. This was only hightened by the lack of any music in a lot of areas of the game.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately judge people who say that character action games (DMC, MGR, etc) or the Souls games are too hard, and considerer them to be lesser/poor gamers, whose opinions should be taken with a big grain of salt. I know it's childish of me. I know it's wrong. I know it's stupid. And yet I still do it. I mean they aren't even hard. It's not a brag. I mean I never could finish Contra without the Konami code.

Oh and also I've never finished SMB3. I always get destroyed in World 8.

Oh and one more, I am horribly bad at fighting games despite still liking them. I avoid the online because I suck too much.

Last edited:

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I cheated my way through Lingering Will in Kingdom Hearts and still feel intense shame for it.

White Wolf

Oct 27, 2017
Not completing Bloodborne I guess. Completed DS1 and 3, but just couldn't get into BB. Must've played at least 20 hours too.

A few of my cons:

-low performance, constant judder
-poor image quality (CA really ruined the art for me and caused eye strain)
-long load times (usually play souls games on a PC so this was really noticable)

I will eventually get back to it, but will probably do so with the ps4 propro.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never played a Yakuza game.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Missed on a lot of Final Fantasy titles.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
I will refund any Steam game that I buy, enjoy, and complete if I beat it in less than two hours and I don't feel like I'll ever play it again. And I don't feel guilty about it at all, as much as people try to convince me it's a dick move

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
I got to the last dungeon in Final Fantasy 7 and just told myself "Yeah I've seen enough." Fantastic game though. I have deleted several of my older brother's files throughout the years. I have accidentally broken two wiis in the same way. Despite playing Final Fantasy 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, currently 9, 12, 14, and 15 I have only beaten 4 (4 times) and 15. Reasons are similar to Final Fantasy 7.

Oct 27, 2017
I spent well over 200 dollars on a hearthstone account and then abandoned it because my alternate had a rare hero skin that I unknowingly would never be able to attain on my main. Everytime I spend money on Hearthstone I now face even more shame than the average player.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I never played a Metroid game longer than 30 minutes. Somehow couldn't get into them despite loving the style.

I save scummed so hard in XCom2 it's not even funny. Not because I sucked or didn't want to lose my soldiers. I did it because I quickly realized that the game was manipulating the chances during combat depending on the flow of the encounter. I couldn't accept that and cheesed my way through the game.

I own an adapter for consoles to play with keyboard and mouse. After competitively playing shooters on PC for many years, I could never adapt to the bad way of aiming with a thumbstick. I play all fps and tps on my PC and very rarely play MP these days. So the only time I used keyboard and mouse online on a console was in Uncharted 4, which was a chore to play because the aiming is programmed for controllers and the mouse aiming was completely screwed. Still a sin in my books.

I never played a bioshock game longer than 20 minutes.

From the whole series, I only played Halo 2 and that was in coop.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
For the longest time I save scummed in XCOM until finally playing on Iron Man møde.