• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Console wars
From this to Schreier's twitter "it really is the best console ever" it really has been an embarrassing time

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm willing to bet Spencer's comments were taken out of context. They plan on having every game playable on the Series X, but maybe they are just going through the QA for each title a little at a time. This thread is just......sad.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
"For the next generation, the team knew from the outset that they wanted to double down on compatibility. That vision helped influence the design of the system and, through a combination of hardware and software, they committed themselves to ensuring the thousands of games on Xbox One, including Xbox 360 and original Xbox games, will play even better on Xbox Series X."

It's literally a pillar in the Monday press release. They even promised they'd play better
This is all I want, and what I was expecting. If they do deliver on all of this I would be very happy. So consensus is OP is wrong then? MS will have full BC with X1?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Bruh close this thread . You literally have someone from Xbox /thread'ing the statement from the OP

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
New generations are wild. Just buy the plastic game box you want, it doesn't have to be a feature for feature comparison at every step.

Sure the PS5 is weaker and doesn't have the same level of back compat, but it's still probably going to have great exclusives and all the Japanese games that never find their way to Xbox.

There is no need for shit flinging threads and "ACKCHEWALLY" rhetoric at every feature announcement.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Linkeds2

Nov 15, 2017
North Bay, CA
If you go and listen to the actual interview rather than the Gamespot summary, at 20:07 is where you begin to hear OP's phil quoted conversation begin.

And the way the conversation flows, is that it opens up with speakers asking him about taking XSX home, why does he choose XSX as his primary home console rather than X1S or X1X. Then, Phil says that

"i'm trying it, and, and,its in development, sometimes it reboots"

So when you have context (wheres Schreier?)of the conversation in which he made the statement, it is more about testing XSX as a developmental console, not specifically that he is testing Backwards Compatability and games are making it reboot.

You can assume that he is still experimenting with features (BC included) and that the final launch product will be fixed and designed to be 100% BC. You can safely assume that from the actual audio.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This is all I want, and what I was expecting. If they do deliver on all of this I would be very happy. So consensus is OP is wrong then? MS will have full BC with X1?
It's the same architecture as Xbox One. Same UI (for now). So everything will run. In addition to game pass and the INCREDIBLE amount of games I have access to for only an additional $120/yr (without deals; technically $180 total with ultimate but I'm assuming you already have XBL for year), it's looking tight. I will get PS5 after I get taxes back in 2021 OR just buy the exclusives on my PC. I'm in no hurry. I'd wager PS5's first exclusive will be in 2021 with COVID anyway.

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019
Why not take it from Rich?

"AMD has worked with Microsoft to deliver full hardware backwards compatibility with current gen systems. Untouched, Xbox One and Xbox One X code will run natively on Series X..."

I mean, sure, he's not Phil, but why would he claim this in no uncertain terms if it wasn't communicated by MS?

I'm waiting for someone to claim DF isn't a trusted source or something.
BAD didn't respond to this in the previous thread, I'd love to hear their take on DF's claim.
Hey BAD are you going to respond to this or ignore it again like in your previous thread that was locked a few hours ago?

"AMD has worked with Microsoft to deliver full hardware backwards compatibility with current gen systems. Untouched, Xbox One and Xbox One X code will run natively on Series X..."

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's the same architecture as Xbox One. Same UI (for now). So everything will run. In addition to game pass and the INCREDIBLE amount of games I have access to for only an additional $120/yr (without deals; technically $180 total with ultimate but I'm assuming you already have XBL for year), it's looking tight. I will get PS5 after I get taxes back in 2021 OR just buy the exclusives on my PC. I'm in no hurry. I'd wager PS5's first exclusive will be in 2021 with COVID anyway.
Yeah, Gamepass is for sure incredible. I think I even heard they will offer DLC now too? That's nuts man. Well, if they keep delivering on GP, and can deliver on BC as they're promising, they will have won me over come launch.

oni_gank

Banned
May 13, 2019
XBox has BC, PlayStation has BC. That's all I care...both are in active developments, to add more titles along the road.

Expecting all from your old library of games to work 100% on either PS5 or XBOX seriesX (even so at launch), is a nice dream to have.

But It won't happen.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hey BAD are you going to respond to this or ignore it again like in your previous thread that was locked a few hours ago?

If you can get Rich to say that MS will definitely have every single XB1 game working on XSX, I will eat my hat. Besides, he's not an MS employee.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Seems that as long as he ignores this, thread stays open.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (3 days): Platform wars
It is really quite startling how many people of a certain persuasion are willing to so easily call Schreier biased literally a week after he blasted their most successful development team for crunch.
Wow, how conclusive, he blasted them for poor working conditions, he can't be a PlayStation fan, nope siree!

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People are defending Microsoft as if Sony isn't planning to support EVERY PS4 game eventually. Everyone saying that XSX will play EVERY Xbox game at launch will it crow!

However, can everybody please stay calm, and wait! I bet that within the first year of both consoles you will be able to play the majority if not all BC games.
Historically Microsoft have continued to try and achieve a huge swath of BC games in the past.

Sony dropped PS2 on PS4 like a hot steaming turd and hand waved it as not important when sales didn't pick up. Oh they also tried to charge for it.

ObbyDent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
No one has receipts. No one from Xbox has said, definitely, in official capacity, that 100% works. Which is fine. 100% will never be possible. Sony has no where even close to 100%. But everyone acting like it is 100% is silly to me.

Oct 29, 2017
Come on now. 99% of Xbone games will work on Xbox Series X, we all know it, Microsoft has talked about it again and again, and they've put their money where their mouth is wrt BC over the past few years. This concern is unfounded.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

I can't watch this right now but who are you guys quoting from the video? I don't know who they interviewed from Xbox the way you summarized it. People in here didn't read the OP and keep quoting the pre-backtrack post from a member here. Don't know what DF credibility (I'm aware they're credible) has to do with it since Gamespot is also a credible outlet and said this last month:
In a blog post penned by Xbox boss Phil Spencer, he states that the Xbox Series X will encompass four generations of gaming. The post explains that all currently backwards compatible titles from the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 will be brought forward to the Xbox Series X, while Microsoft is still compiling the list of Xbox One games that will be backwards compatible on day one.
www.gamespot.com

Xbox Series X Is Backwards Compatible With Every Previous Xbox Generation

The Xbox Series X will support the existing Xbox 360 and original Xbox backwards compatibility libraries at launch.

So please, what are credible outlets agreed upon Xbox themselves saying?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I can't watch this right now but who are you guys quoting from the video? I don't know who they interviewed from Xbox the way you summarized it. People in here didn't read the OP and keep quoting the pre-backtrack post from a member here. Don't know what DF credibility (I'm aware they're credible) has to do with it since Gamespot is also a credible outlet and said this last month:

www.gamespot.com

The Xbox Series X will support the existing Xbox 360 and original Xbox backwards compatibility libraries at launch.

DF has an actual hands on with the console dude.

WarioLuigi22

alt account
Banned
May 11, 2019

www.gamespot.com

Lol come on dude

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Wow, how conclusive, he blasted them for poor working conditions, he can't be a PlayStation fan, nope siree!

Well there's that and his long history in the industry where he has shown no bias. But perhaps you're right, this is all a big conspiracy where Jason has been biding his time for years only to come out and show his true colors to placate console warring at this point in time for some unexplained reason. Or you and people that believe similarly need to stop projecting and grow up.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
reaction thread to PS5

Also Sparty already confirmed every single game playable on the xbox one currently will work............

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
100% of the games you want to play on Xbox will be BC. Not just top 100 most played OP.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't test every XB1 game for it, and I'm pretty sure MS didnt tell them all the titles currently work or 100% of games will work. They can chime in if they feel they can clear things up
"Beyond that, the Xbox back-compat team have been hard at work since drawing the line under their Xbox 360 and X-enhanced program a while back. It likely comes as no surprise to discover that Series X can technically run the entire Xbox One catalogue, but this time it's done with no emulation layer - it's baked in at the hardware level. Games also benefit from the full CPU and GPU clocks of Series X (Xbox One X effectively delivered 50 per cent of its overall graphics power for back-compat), meaning that the more lacklustre of those performance modes added to many Xbox One X games should hopefully lock to a silky smooth 60fps."

www.eurogamer.net

Inside Xbox Series X: the full specs

This is it. After months of teaser trailers, blog posts and even the occasional leak, we can finally reveal firm, hard …

What does that have to do with anything? They didn't test every game not did they claim that 100% all games work. Enough with the petty warrioring Ivysaur

LMAO

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
it will be like 360 bc and will depend on pubs. Some are going to say no so they can sell remasters.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"Beyond that, the Xbox back-compat team have been hard at work since drawing the line under their Xbox 360 and X-enhanced program a while back. It likely comes as no surprise to discover that Series X can technically run the entire Xbox One catalogue, but this time it's done with no emulation layer - it's baked in at the hardware level. Games also benefit from the full CPU and GPU clocks of Series X (Xbox One X effectively delivered 50 per cent of its overall graphics power for back-compat), meaning that the more lacklustre of those performance modes added to many Xbox One X games should hopefully lock to a silky smooth 60fps."

www.eurogamer.net

Inside Xbox Series X: the full specs

This is it. After months of teaser trailers, blog posts and even the occasional leak, we can finally reveal firm, hard …

Did you read what you bolded? Yes the games can "technically run" doesnt mean they arent buggy, run at 3fps or cause crashes (which Phil specifically says some games he's been trying cause reboots)

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Console Warz in effect.

I just hope they start showing some fuckin games already because I can barely handle gaming side right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.