• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I really hope the time jump allows Muschetti to go buck wild with the more grotesque horror elements that felt held back in the first one
No thanks. The fact that it was as frightening as it was without all the stupid gore is what set it apart from so many other horror movies that lazily use gore as a replacement for terror.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
First one was such a disappointment after all the hype I had. Hope this one is passable at least. Gonna watch it when it's available for streaming anyways.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No thanks. The fact that it was as frightening as it was without all the stupid gore is what set it apart from so many other horror movies that lazily use gore as a replacement for terror.
While it wasn't overly gory, it still was far more visceral than many other movies that put kids in danger. The opening with Georgie was much more graphic than the original series.

And to its credit, the original series had its flaws but had some really good moments of genuine creepiness.
giphy.gif

Oct 31, 2017
I have not seen part 1 (the remake, I've only seen the Tim Curry version)

But the trailers are really good for both of them, makes me question if the trailers are maybe better than the movies (?)

The trailers for these movies are good, but I thought the first IT film was also amazing. I say that as someone whose favorite novel is IT & who was scarred pretty badly as a young kid by the original miniseries and Tim Curry's Pennywise.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
i'm excited for this but I think I'm skipping any trailers. I just want to be surprised. Since the early 90s trailers have given away the whole movie.

Apr 19, 2018
I really hope the time jump allows Muschetti to go buck wild with the more grotesque horror elements that felt held back in the first one

Muschietti confirmed that it'll definitely be gorier than the first. Plus, Chastain recently stated that she was involved in a sequence that features 4,500 gallons of fake blood -- the most ever put to screen. So, yeah.

Last edited:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Muschietti confirmed that it'll definitely be gorier than the first. Plus, Chastain recently stated that she was involved in a sequence that features 4,500 gallons of fake blood -- the most ever put to screen. So, yeah.
Damn, I'm stoked

I mean, I still enjoyed the first one, but I felt it was a bit too much of a coming-of-age tale with horror elements in the background. As great as the set-pieces were, I found them tonally detached from the rest of the experience.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While it wasn't overly gory, it still was far more visceral than many other movies that put kids in danger. The opening with Georgie was much more graphic than the original series.

And to its credit, the original series had its flaws but had some really good moments of genuine creepiness.
giphy.gif
I think the old lady scene in the original still holds up

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing, I'm so in. The book was a lot of fun too and I can't wait to go into this and see the differences.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Still hoping we get that director's cut for the first film. Those deleted scenes were legit!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Part 1 is, no joke, one of my favourite movies I think. It's so DAMN good.

It's true that part of that is because the kid actors, all of them where damn perfect. But this looks as inspired. I cannot wait.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The casting of the adults and kids seems so spot on, no wonder they went for the comparison shots in the trailer that looks relaly fucking cool.

I wasnt' a huge fan of the first film, but I really liked the ending. I'll be there day 1, kind of hyped.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Curious to see if they're gonna include any of the "smoke hole" stuff, and how far they're gonna go with Adrian's scene. I'm also wondering about that final scene in the trailer, definitely seems like it takes place several centuries ago.

So damn excited for this!

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
This was great and I love the funhouse scene they showed. It's also nice to see Mike get his role back since his character got screwed in the first film.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see if they're gonna include any of the "smoke hole" stuff, and how far they're gonna go with Adrian's scene. I'm also wondering about that final scene in the trailer, definitely seems like it takes place several centuries ago.

Check out the trailer, almost at the end before the scene you mention. It seems the smoke scene is going to be here.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Looks so fucking good. They nailed it the first time, and it looks like they nailed it again. Can't wait.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Have you read the book? Mike is arguably the main character.

He's significantly more important in both the book and the mini-series, but "he grows up to have more lines" is definitely a valid comment for this particular adaptation considering he was almost completely insignificant in the first movie. A lot of his story was pushed onto Ben.