• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it-chapter-two_1558220184.jpg

ItSmile.gif

In the sleepy town of Derry, the evil clown Pennywise returns 27 years later to torment the grown-up members of the Losers' Club, who have long since drifted apart from one another.

RELEASE DATE: SEPTEMBER 6TH
DIRECTED BY: ANDY MUSCHIETTI
RUNTIME: 169 MINUTES (2HRS 49MIN)
giphy.gif

TMALuz8q_o.jpg
HYM3wLXM_o.jpg
Tcdghn35_o.jpg
bVLkPnoO_o.jpg
TzpDodNH_o.jpg

LaclQtYO_o.jpg
fNbeYUje_o.jpg

38dLXdU.jpg

giphy.gif

it-chapter-two-new-poster.jpg

it-chapter-two-poster-2.jpg

it_chapter_2.jpg

IT-chapter-two-dolby-poster.jpg

66362493_2302181760098106_505525437514907648_o.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018
Damn, kinda can't believe this comes out so soon.

Gonna rewatch the first sometime this week and hopefully see this during opening weekend.

Zygnosis

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It wasn't as good as the first one. Still worthwhile.

Will come back after the embargo ends.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got tickets for Saturday; it's my most anticipated movie. I can't wait.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
Seeing it in IMAX Thurs night. Wasn't sure whether to do Dolby or IMAX but all the Thurs Dolby shows were sold out so my choice was made for me. I'll probably end up seeing it at least twice.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11182

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had a nightmare about the clown last night. He was huge and kept chasing me around because he wanted to devour me. At some point a young couple showed up and IT started chasing them also. The three of us ended up in a large abandoned building that had no doors or windows. The couple accepted their fate and decided to kill themselves by a gunshot to the head while also falling from the third floor. They crushed way down below on a sea of rubble and somehow I was right there next to them, looking at them, thinking how sad yet romantic it was that their dead bodies had fallen right next to each other. Then I realized that IT was still coming for me, I frantically started looking for the gun to kill myself, terrified at the thought of being eaten alive by the massive clown. I couldn't find the gun and that's when I forced myself to wake up. Then I spend a dreadful couple of hours, laying awake on my bed, feeling weak and exposed, waiting for the sun to dawn. Fuck you clown, I hate you. I'm eager to see you die in the film.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just saw it. IMO... not good. It has an almost identical structure to the first movie, which I also didn't find all that great, except this time it loses the kids and is 3 hours long

Group meets up > group split up > each person has an encounter with Pennywise separately (none of them engaging or scary in the slightest) > group gets back together > group fights Pennywise

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just saw it. IMO... not good. It has an almost identical structure to the first movie, which I also didn't find all that great, except this time it loses the kids and is 3 hours long

Group meets up > group split up > each person has an encounter with Pennywise separately (none of them engaging or scary in the slightest) > group gets back together > group fights Pennywise
Hmm, thanks. As I also didn't think the first one was particularly great I'm gonna skip it and watch it somewhere when it starts streaming.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Got tickets for 8pm tonight. Super excited. This is my most anticipated film this year. The reviews, while still good, are a bit of a bummer but I have a feeling I'll come out loving it regardless. We'll find out tonight!

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

So....it's like the book which is the same structure.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can somebody describe the suicide scene for me please?

Stanley commits suicide in a bathtub really early on, before the team gets back together. It doesn't show him doing it, just the aftermath.

Can someone spoil me if there's any cosmic horror of the novel in it?

There is a bit of explanation for Pennywise's existance (meteor crashed millions of years ago), and there are three floating lights which "power" him I guess? I think in the movie they mentioned how Pennywise's true form is light. I haven't read the novel but I'm assuming thats some of it

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Not much. There is a bit of explanation for Pennywise's existance (meteor crashed millions of years ago), and there are three floating lights which "power" him I guess? I think in the movie they mentioned how Pennywise's true form is light. I haven't read the novel but I'm assuming thats some of it
What?!
no cosmic turtle, no interdimmensional craziness?

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I also just remembered that old Henry Bowers shows up in multiple scenes but dies very easily like halfway through the movie. What was the point of that? They constantly cut back to him but it goes absolutely nowhere. He could literally be cut out of the movie and nothing would be lost.

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
This movie seriously needed to go back to the editing room. No way should it have released almost 3 hours long. This thing fucking dragged.

On a different note whoever did the casting was on point.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Hearing the negative reviews is a little disappointing. I loved the first and am extremely hyped to see this tonight but I'll know to lower my expectations a little.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The strengths and weaknesses of this are inherent in the structure. You could trim tons of it but nothing would be left. A cut of both together in a different order would be interesting but wouldn't change the fact that its mostly not scary. If you just appreciate the performances and the absolute heft of it, you'll enjoy what's on display. I liked the first better, but if you enjoyed the first you will enjoy this to some extent as well.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Baby Pennywise was adorable.

Man I have to mention the old woman Bev visits. They built that shit up for months and she comes out looking like a cartoon.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
I was pretty disappointed with the movie. Not enough Pennywise and the tone was all over the place. I loved the first one and it actually had scary parts. This one wasn't scary at all.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I loved it. Beautifully looking film with a great cast. Pretty faithful too overall. The best thing, same as the first film, is that it has a lot of heart. The ending is pretty much perfection with the gang just being cute as hell, both versions.

However the film is not scary at all. Exactly like the first film. Don't go watch this for the scares. It is mostly just suspenseful.

My showing was really into it.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't prepared to hate this movie as much as I did. God, it just kept going and going and going.

SeriousCow

Aug 29, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
You could trim tons of it but nothing would be left.
Pretty much, and I think a lot of fault lies with the source material. Once the adults return to Derry, it's like, "Okay, so now they're here, we can't have them kill Pennywise immediately, so let's send them on a treasure hunt for an hour". Basically 80% of the adult story needed a do-over, but then you have the problem of it no longer being a faithful adaptation.

Apart from narrative/story issues though, the horror was just way too over-the-top with all the extravagant CGI creatures. And then that final confrontation, my God, it just wouldn't end.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely loved this, my only complaint it's the outta place usage of the "Angel of the morning" song.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I could've done without the gay bashing intro.

Not a big fan of "Here is a gay couple, and they are only here long enough so that one of them can be brutally murdered."

Also, could've done without the hall of mirrors sequence. It may look fine at home, but flashing strobe effects in a darkened theater are generally unpleasant.

The de-aging CGI was really bad. It works for Marvel, but not here. Made the kids look creepy.

I'd give it a 3.5/5. It > Two. A third movie is not needed.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
I haven't been speechless from a movie in a while but that "everyone lived happily ever after" montage set to Stanley's suicide note was the most shocking moment of the movie for me.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Lol no need for a lot of things in that movie but I enjoyed it

Could've been 2 hours and that bully kid storyline could've been scraped and you lose nothing

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE MY EARLY SCREENING TWO WEEKS AGO TO FINALLY LET THIS OUT.

MELTED BABY BODY PENNYWISE REACHING FOR HIS HEART IS ONE OF THE MOST ABSURD AND UNINTENTIONALLY HILARIOUS THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

I will also sell my soul for a Bill Hader and James Ransone gay romantic comedy.

Last edited:

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Got out a little bit ago. I felt like 1 was a "good not great" kinda flick but this was borderline hot garbage. Hader was, as he always is, a treat though.