• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
And before you link me the literal hundreds of excellent instrumental covers of this song

youtu.be

Captain Planet Credits HQ

Credits from the populair cartoon "Captain Planet and the Planeteers"http://www.earthfirewindwaterheartgoplanetbyyourpowerscombinedimcaptainpla.net/For Intro...

That isn't Captain Planet's theme music. That is the outro song. It's what most people remember, but it's not the theme.

The theme plays in the intro under Levar Burton's narration. It also plays any time Captain Planet is summoned.

youtu.be

Captain Planet Intro HQ

Intro from the populair cartoon "Captain Planet and the Planeteers"http://www.earthfirewindwaterheartgoplanetbyyourpowerscombinedimcaptainpla.net/For Credits...

youtu.be

summoning captain planet

summoning captain planet in ep mind Pollution

And it's really damn good. Overshadowed by the outro song, but one of the best pieces of intro music of that decade.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I can't remember if I put two and two together that LeVar Burton was narrating. I was watching reading rainbow and Star Trek NG.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn OP.

Thanks, now I have this theme song stuck in my head as I try to sleep. Captain Planet was my jam!

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
I think I watched this show because Linka was hot. The summoning theme is A+++ work.

The shot at :24 in the intro is pretty awesome, WTF is that weird steampunk paper wasting machine, I want one

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Outro is still superior because it has that villain line read: "You'll pay for this Captain Planet." Like the perfect villain voice and everything XD

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
you know these OK KO dudes recreated it specifically for the episode. Give it to us!
I actually checked the main composer's soundcloud, Mint Potion.
They skip over a few tracks (also their numbering is different probably due to production stuff) however, a track with the title "The power is yours!" is not found unfortunately :( probably rights issues posting it online.

OP
OP
The Adder

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
At least there is this one:

The problem with this one is that it misses almost everything that makes the theme so good. It's just the same instrumental texture the whole way through. Superhero brass section.

also this one was suggested on youtube after listening to the first one.

Similar problem here. Though I appreciate both of you keeping an eye out.

what the hell did heart do anyway? what was the power? love?
Animal empathic control. The only reason the villains weren't all mauled by bears is that Ma-Ti was a sweet 12 year old child. If they'd given Heart to Wheeler or Linka, Hoggish Greedily wouldn't have legs anymore.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like there should be a way to do it, given that there are several foreign language versions of that opening that have different voice overs but the same music.

Like if you could noise cancel the music between two versions, you can then get an isolated vocal track, which you could then use to cancel out the vocals on the original?

It might work.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Animal empathic control. The only reason the villains weren't all mauled by bears is that Ma-Ti was a sweet 12 year old child. If they'd given Heart to Wheeler or Linka, Hoggish Greedily wouldn't have legs anymore.

It's not just animals; in a What-if episode, Ma-Ti is seen as a homeless adult making a person give him money. Because of his nature, it is only a little bit, but that's basically mind control, but you can't SAY that in a children's show. Anybody else with a shred more avarice and/or ambition would use that power to its logical end in his situation.

Remember the episode where Gaia's arch-nemesis (forget his name) gives everybody gauntlets that enhance their rings' powers EXCEPT Ma-Ti? The excuse is 'meh, Heart isn't that much, sorry kid', because the other option is 'sweet kid has complete emotional control over all life on Earth' and that's just mind control and you can't SAY that so Ma-Ti doesn't get a gauntlet and ultimately saves the day.

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this one is that it misses almost everything that makes the theme so good. It's just the same instrumental texture the whole way through. Superhero brass section.

Similar problem here. Though I appreciate both of you keeping an eye out.
Dang. Even though I didn't help out, I did go down an awesome rabbit hole of 80s cartoon covers on youtube, so that made my day!

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit I don't think I've ever seen the intro. To be fair I've never actually seen a full episode of Captain Planet from beginning to end. I would always catch at most the back half or JUST the outro because that shit was on so early.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed every kid is specified as being from a continent (Africa, North America, Asia, South America) except Linka, who is "from the Soviet Union".