• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Democrats try to stop Biden because of the allegations that he is a rapist? If so, how?

• Yes. Go scorched earth on Biden and try to make Sanders win (scenario 1)

• Yes. A third candidate should (re)enter the race to achieve a contested convention (scenario 2)

• Yes. Leaders of the party and others should try to talk to Biden to choose a replacement (scenario 3

• No. It's too late to stop Biden or to risky to try. We're stuck voting for him (scenario 4)

• No. I like Biden's policies more so I support him despite him being an (alleged) rapist (stance 5)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Who said I'm blindly following Biden? He can form a coherent thought, look at some of his speeches instead of cut videos. He has a stutter not dementia. And FFS he's debated Bernie tons of times. Why should he have to continue going to these "DEBATE ME" things when he's won?

Maybe because I have some hope that he won't be the winner after further debate in our current climate will show that electing someone that will uphold this capitalism hell scape that we are living in is a bad freaking idea! I want the person that actually stands for something and has a consistent message to be the nominee and not just be told to fall in line since there is no way in hell I'll vote Trump. I'm being forced to vote against my interests. Just like I need to fall in line and keep going to work and am to terrified to see my parents because other people working retail adjacent to me are starting to get sick. I'm fucking terrified right now.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because I have some hope that he won't be the winner after further debate in our current climate will show that electing someone that will uphold this capitalism hell scape that we are living in is a bad freaking idea! I want the person that actually stands for something and has a consistent message to be the nominee and not just be told to fall in line since there is no way in hell I'll vote Trump. I'm being forced to vote against my interests. Just like I need to fall in line and keep going to work and am to terrified to see my parents because other people working retail adjacent to me are starting to get sick. I'm fucking terrified right now.
Bernie Sanders getting the nomination is not going to change the immediate crisis we find ourselves in. You're letting fear dictate you. This is becoming a repeat of 2016 where despite losing by a huge margin in Super Tuesday, Bernie still refuses to drop out and people are going "HE CAN STILL WIN." Except this time he's losing in states that could have made that even slightly feasible this time.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Bernie won the concession after 2016 to allow independents and unregistered voters to vote in the primaries. He's still not winning. I just don't see the actual evidence that he's going to get a lot of votes that just aren't showing up yet because reasons

I mean, I wish Bernie was winning. But he's not. And if you're rejecting the average Democratic voter as someone you need to care about then you have literally no path to the presidency. You need those people. There's too many of them

Then fuck the presidency and vote down ballot, local, and protest. As history has shown us time and again there are many avenues to get what we want and if there is one thing that always work it's always causing a ruckus and 'bringing bad vibes' to the moderate public until they begrudgingly give in.

I'll leave it to everyone else to have a rodeo show over Rapist D and Rapist R. You get what you vote for.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then fuck the presidency and vote down ballot, local, and protest. As history has shown us time and again there are many avenues to get what we want and if there is one thing that always work it's always causing a ruckus and 'bringing bad vibes' to the moderate public until they begrudgingly give in.

I'll leave it to everyone else to have a rodeo show over Rapist D and Rapist R. You get what you vote for.
Literally every political expert said that a grassroot movement that Sanders is trying to do SHOULD start Local. Thats how the Tea Party did it.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie Sanders getting the nomination is not going to change the immediate crisis we find ourselves in. You're letting fear dictate you. This is becoming a repeat of 2016 where despite losing by a huge margin in Super Tuesday, Bernie still refuses to drop out and people are going "HE CAN STILL WIN." Except this time he's losing in states that could have made that even slightly feasible this time.

I wanted Bernie before the crisis. And what about the poster that pointed out voter suppression on super Tuesday. Why did Warren not drop out until after super Tuesday like the right leaning Dems did to prop up Biden? Why is Bernie the ont that needs to drop out?

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017

I live in Illinois, if these allegations get even a bit more substantive I'll be doing exactly that. If someone in Wisconsin looks at RBG's ailing health and Trump refusing to order the construction of new ventilators and goes "Fuck it, anything is better than this" I'll also get that. If they're out waving Biden flags and attending rallies...well they won't be my friend anymore

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted Bernie before the crisis. And what about the poster that pointed out voter suppression on super Tuesday. Why did Warren not drop out until after super Tuesday like the right leaning Dems did to prop up Biden? Why is Bernie the ont that needs to drop out?
So did I, I voted for Sanders. What evidence of voter suppression was there? Young people didn't bother voting. Because her home state was coming up and maybe she didn't want to drop out and support any candidate at the time. And Bernie is the one to drop out because its OVER, he LOST. He got CLOBBERED.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Literally every political expert said that a grassroot movement that Sanders is trying to do SHOULD start Local. Thats how the Tea Party did it.

If you think Sanders hasn't BEEN doing local than you aren't paying attention. Even barring these last two campaign runs he's been supporting local shit for goddamn decades.

Y'all just love having the chance to dunk on Sanders for his failings but continually give moderates a free pass to shove fucking trash down the entire voting bases throats.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you think Sanders hasn't BEEN doing local than you aren't paying attention. Even barring these last two campaign runs he's been supporting local shit for goddamn decades.

Y'all just love having the chance to dunk on Sanders for his failings but continually give moderates a free pass to shove fucking trash down the entire voting bases throats.
Yes because god forbid I critique the candidate I VOTED FOR.

Deleted member 18502

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do love fan fiction. These are fever dreams. Biden is the presumptive nominee and will be the candidate barring his death. I am voting Bernie regardless.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Yes because god forbid I critique the candidate I VOTED FOR.

If critique of Sanders is comes with the expectations for people to vote for the other guy no matter what he does, and what he did than no fucking thanks. I fucking pleaded with all my friends in 2016 to vote for Hillary hot off the heels of a Sanders lost and it did fuck all for me.

The immense pettiness and anger I've seen directed at Sanders just for not dropping out because it 'annoys' some users on here is pathetic.

After the first ST I've slowly went from begrudgingly voting Biden to simply staying down ticket because even saying I wasn't happy about voting for Biden led to me being dogpiled and accused of 'Helping Donald Trump' for not pretending to be Biden is the best candidate ever to make it easier for them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If critique of Sanders is comes with the expectations for people to vote for the other guy than no fucking thanks. I fucking pleaded with all my friends in 2016 to vote for Hillary hot off the heels of a Sanders lost and it did fuck all for me.

The immense pettiness and anger I've seen directed at Sanders just for not dropping out because it 'annoys' some users on here is pathetic.

After the first ST I've slowly went from begrudgingly voting Biden to simply staying down ticket because even saying I wasn't happy about voting for Biden led to me being dogpiled and accused of 'Helping Donald Trump' for not pretending to be Biden is the best candidate ever to make it easier for them.
I think the point is maybe people want Sanders to drop out because its encouraging behavior like this? Sanders staying in the race does nothing good now. What point is there to keep this going? Its just getting Democrats more and more angry at each other.

OP
OP
hydrophilic attack
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Libertarians (a subsection of the alt-right) have picked up on this story (and is using it as an opportunity to concern troll against the metoo movement at large). If you think this won't be boosted by trumpers for the general election, you're engaging in wishful thinking
_20200327_021806sek5v.jpg

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Any of the first 3 options are acceptable. If the DNC and dem voters still want to run a rapist as their Presidential Candidate then whatever happens in November is on them.. no one else.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
He was doing fine until the entire establishment and media consolidated around Biden. You really think without that support Biden would get anywhere? He wasn't. For Democratic voters (especially Primary voters) the perception of who "the pick is" is is huge.
Polls indicated that Biden was the overwhelming favorite among Black voters before any votes were even cast.

Bernie only stood a chance so long as the moderate vote was split. His strategy for winning in southern states literally relied on the assumption that the Black vote would be split between Kamala Harris and Corey Booker.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

Starting local and billions of dollars in corporate dark money is how the tea party did it.

Not to say the local movement hasn't been doing great things in cities and left-leaning towns around the country, but don't expect it to scale quite as quickly as it did for them.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starting local and billions of dollars in corporate dark money is how the tea party did it.

Not to say the local movement hasn't been doing great things in cities and left-leaning towns around the country, but don't expect it to scale quite as quickly as it did for them.
Oh no doubt, I just think people are receptive to Sanders ideas, but not into a revolution on a wide scale.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
I think the point is maybe people want Sanders to drop out because its encouraging behavior like this? Sanders staying in the race does nothing good now. What point is there to keep this going? Its just getting Democrats more and more angry at each other.

If the only reason you want another candidate to drop out is so you can have an easy time in the general than you are sadly mistaken. This discussion isn't going to go away, and Sanders dropping out would do fuck all. The train has long since left the station and the Bernie voters registered as Democrats absolutely have every right to throw a tantrum and DEMAND DNC to do fucking better than prop up morally compromised jokes like Joe fucking Biden if they hate Sanders that goddamn much. Sanders isn't harming Biden by staying in. Biden is harming himself. He knew these allegations would come to bite him in the ass yet he still ran. The DNC is hurting themselves- they knew Biden had these allegations and they fielded him anyway. Why don't they answer to that? Why don't we hold them accountable? Why is it everyone else that's hurting the campaign but DNC and Biden aren't harming the movement?

This is why I'm tired of this party. In 2016 it was Bernie Bros and White Supremacists fault that Hillary lost, and only much MUCH later did we admit that the problem was putting a fucking dumpster fire like Hillary on the ballot anyway.
If Joe loses this election who's are we going to blame again? Bernie Bros 2.0? White supremacists 2.0?, The Trump Cult?, The women who came forward about Bidens sexual assault? Are we going to wait 2 years after the fact to come to the conclusion that maybe the DNC establishment shouldn't of fielded a guy with 7 fucking accusations of sexual assault in a primary race that's supposed be against everything Trump stood for?

When can the DNC be held accountable for their own actions? When can moderates who always give us shit be accountable for their own actions. Why is it always US that's at fault when their bullshit falls flat? Why do we always have to play maytr?

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
The first option. All the media has to do, is get a hold of the soundclip from SoundCloud of Tara Reade & air it everywhere. Then the DNC will have no choice but to force Biden to step down & bring back Bernie Sanders.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the only reason you want another candidate to drop out is so you can have an easy time in the general than you are sadly mistaken. This discussion isn't going to go away, and Sanders dropping out would do fuck all. The train has long since left the station and the Bernie voters registered as Democrats absolutely have every right to throw a tantrum and DEMAND DNC to do fucking better than prop up morally compromised jokes like Joe fucking Biden if they hate Sanders that goddamn much. Sanders isn't harming Biden by staying in. Biden is harming himself. He knew these allegations would come to bite him in the ass yet he still ran. The DNC is hurting themselves- they knew Biden had these allegations and they fielded him anyway. Why don't they answer to that? Why don't we hold them accountable? Why is it everyone else that's hurting the campaign but DNC and Biden aren't harming the movement?

This is why I'm tired of this party. In 2016 it was Bernie Bros and White Supremacists fault that Hillary lost, and only much MUCH later did we admit that the problem was putting a fucking dumpster fire like Hillary on the ballot anyway.
If Joe loses this election who's are we going to blame again? Bernie Bros 2.0? White supremacists 2.0?, The Trump Cult?, The women who came forward about Bidens sexual assault? Are we going to wait 2 years after the fact to come to the conclusion that maybe the DNC establishment shouldn't of fielded a guy with 7 fucking accusations of sexual assault in a primary race that's supposed be against everything Trump stood for?

When can the DNC be held accountable for their own actions? When can moderates who always give us shit be accountable for their own actions. Why is it always US that's at fault when their bullshit falls flat? Why do we always have to play maytr?
Want an answer to all your questions?

Moderates voted. Bernie's base did not. The youth vote was PATHETIC on Super Tuesday. Its as simple as that. Its common political knowledge to not rely on the Youth Vote and we proved it.

The ENTIRE foundation of Sander's political strategy was rallying non voters to vote. They still didn't vote.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Want an answer to all your questions?

Moderates voted. Bernie's base did not. The youth vote was PATHETIC on Super Tuesday. Its as simple as that. Its common political knowledge to not rely on the Youth Vote and we proved it.

The ENTIRE foundation of Sander's political strategy was rallying non voters to vote. They still didn't vote.

So why are we okay with hosting a moderate base that continually votes in compromised candidates?
Why does the DNC try so much harder to court undecided non voting racist shit heads that aren't that ugly to vote for Republicans anymore because even Trump is too much for them.

I bet if the DNC REALLY wanted to they could of made significant inroads getting younger people to vote by consistently providing candidates that appeal to them. But that would also mean that the DNC actually wants these progressive policies to come to fruition to begin with.

The DNC cannot continue to survive if their strategy is to lie about supporting minorities, queer, disabled, victims of sexual assualt, etc. But stab these groups in the back every single time when it matters most for the fucking moderates. If they want to be the Center-Right party than cut the bullshit and tell it straight instead of this gaslighting bullshit of 'we need to vote out X before we can get to your issues'.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why are we okay with hosting a moderate base that continually votes in compromised candidates?
Why does the DNC try so much harder to court undecided non voting racist shit heads that aren't that ugly to vote for Republicans anymore because even Trump is too much for them.

I bet if the DNC REALLY wanted to they could of made significant inroads getting younger people to vote by consistently providing candidates that appeal to them. But that would also mean that the DNC actually wants these progressive policies to come to fruition to begin with.

The DNC cannot continue to survive if their strategy is to lie about supporting minorities, queer, disabled, victims of sexual assualt, etc. But stab these groups in the back every single time when it matters most for the fucking moderates. If they want to be the Center-Right party than cut the bullshit and tell it straight instead of this gaslighting bullshit of 'we need to vote out X before we can get to your issues'.
We're not hosting shit. We're the minority. Moderates own the party.

Again, If BERNIE SANDERS can't get the Youth Vote to go out and vote, then WHO? Why should the DNC even give a fuck about us when WE DONT VOTE.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
We're not hosting shit. We're the minority. Moderates own the party.

Again, If BERNIE SANDERS can't get the Youth Vote to go out and vote, then WHO? Why should the DNC even give a fuck about us when WE DONT VOTE.

Because if the shit show that was EtcetERA today is anything to go by Biden- the so called coalition building candidate that will steamroll Trump not even 4 months away from the General Election keeps having mounting gaffes and skeletons popping out of his closet that could very well sink him in the general and if he loses it's apparently not BIDENS fault, or the DNC's fault, or even the MODERATES fault for the loss but young voters, Bernie Bros, and moral purists for not eating shit.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I really fear this will be ignored until the general, where it will hit like a ton of bricks. I can't see any of the scenarios listed here working.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because if the shit show that was EtcetERA today is anything to go by Biden- the so called coalition building candidate that will steamroll Trump not even 4 months away from the General Election keeps having mounting gaffes and skeletons popping out of his closet that could very well sink him in the general and if he loses it's apparently not BIDENS fault, or the DNC's fault, or even the MODERATES fault for the loss but young voters, Bernie Bros, and moral purists for not eating shit.
Its no one's FAULT. No where have I said its "Bernie Bros" or "Purists." anywhere. The only people at "fault" are the Youth Vote who refuse to turn out to vote. Despite all these gaffes and skeletons popping out, Biden still completely demolished Sanders and is driving up turnout during primaries. Now why is that?

Also using Era as ANY indication is a bad idea. This primary has taught me that Era, Twitter, and for the most part Reddit are huge bubbles compared to the general electorate.

A lot of Era has a "Fuck the Democratic Party" attitude, when thats not the case for most lon the left side of the spectrum in the real world.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Its no one's FAULT. No where have I said its "Bernie Bros" or "Purists." anywhere. The only people at "fault" are the Youth Vote who refuse to turn out to vote. Despite all these gaffes and skeletons popping out, Biden still completely demolished Sanders and is driving up turnout during primaries. Now why is that?

I wasn't really addressing you in that last post. However it's undeniable that we are in what? The 3rd fucking thread on this in part because the past week and a half has been unmoderated users being hostile and dogpiling users for not wanting to vote for Biden in the GE after he looked like the clear winner only to be accused of being second hand Trump voters, Russian bots, etc.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The first option. All the media has to do, is get a hold of the soundclip from SoundCloud of Tara Reade & air it everywhere. Then the DNC will have no choice but to force Biden to step down & bring back Bernie Sanders.
But they are not going to back Bernie sanders just because he waited around for a Hail Mary. He doesn't represent what they want. The country doesn't respect him and apparently they don't respect the other candidates as well. Joe is the instrument to slay trump but he doesn't have to stay in office past that first year.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
The 1st scenario is my dream, but the 3rd is the only one even remotely possible considering the DNC and Democratic voters. I have no faith left anymore in the American people and political institutions.

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
User banned (1 week): Drive-by trolling in a sensitive thread
I answered the poll that I think the party should talk to him. But my real instinct is that we're stuck with him.

I think we care about this issue a lot more than the press seems to. Nothing about this shows up on Google News if you search for Biden, and I mean nothing. Probably because these are old allegations which isn't enough for the media to make hay of it.

XH43lo9.png

In fact the media is swooning about the "top 10 women Joe Biden might pick as VP" which is pretty far afield of taking this seriously.
the MAYNE STREEM METEOR are again covering up the CRIMES of DEEP STATE DEMOCRATS

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
And said suburban women prefer Biden, look at the results. Sanders won Michigan in 2016. In 2020 he got CLOBBERED.
But they are not going to back Bernie sanders just because he waited around for a Hail Mary. He doesn't represent what they want. The country doesn't respect him and apparently they don't respect the other candidates as well. Joe is the instrument to slay trump but he doesn't have to stay in office past that first year.
These posts ignore how the Reade accusation could (and should) change opinions. Suburban women preferred Biden weeks ago, but would they have still preferred him had the credible accusation of rape been well known? Biden, Obama's lovable VP, versus Biden, the rapist.

And saying that the country "doesn't respect" Bernie or other non-Biden candidates just because Biden (prior to the accusation) won primaries is absurd. If candidates that don't win primaries aren't respected, Biden shouldn't be going on to be the nominee given his two previous failed presidential campaigns, and Hillary shouldn't have become the nominee in 2016.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're getting Biden as the nominee. Time to make your peace with the fact that whether you vote R or D in November, you'll be voting to put a rapist into office.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These posts ignore how the Reade accusation could (and should) change opinions. Suburban women preferred Biden weeks ago, but would they have still preferred him had the credible accusation of rape been well known? Biden, Obama's lovable VP, versus Biden, the rapist.

And saying that the country "doesn't respect" Bernie or other non-Biden candidates just because Biden (prior to the accusation) won primaries is absurd. If candidates that don't win primaries aren't respected, Biden shouldn't be going on to be the nominee given his two previous failed presidential campaigns, and Hillary shouldn't have become the nominee in 2016.
Of course there's respect for Sanders, he's got high aprpoval ratings. I just don't think the general voter wants him or his revolution idea, at least right now. If he had better messaging (Screw the DNC was a horrible strategy) he could have done better. Sanders can still help push this country Leftward too.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
And what about Biden's overwhleming support from Black Voters?
um...yeah...about that. There are articles examining this, and it all has to do with lack of faith in the white electorate to not pick someone like Biden.

it's not love for Biden, or celebration of his record, it's practicality based on previous elections and a desire to remove Trump.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
um...yeah...about that. There are articles examining this, and it all has to do with lack of faith in the white electorate to not pick someone like Biden.
There was a great article that explains also that for a lot of older black voters, the DNC has a very different meaning than it does say a young liberal voter.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
There was a great article that explains also that for a lot of older black voters, the DNC has a very different meaning than it does say a young liberal voter.
www.thenation.com

Black Voters Didn’t Vote for Biden in South Carolina Because They ‘Lack Information’

Black voters opted for Biden because they have no faith that white voters will do the right thing and vote for a true progressive.

verysmartbrothas.theroot.com

A Conversation With a Wise Old Black Negro Who Voted for Joe Biden

“Hey Sweetie,” Miss Mable said, as she welcomed me onto her porch. “Would you like some tea?” Mable Jenkins was known in this sleepy, sticky, southern, black community for two things—her sweet tea and her preternatural tendency to vote for moderate Democrats in highly contested primaries—so of...

put up your link.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA

Unlike young folks the black community has been voting and participating in the Democratic party for decades. When people insult the 'DNC' a lot of folks see that as a direct attack on them and the work they've done on behalf of the party. It's a huge reason why Sanders struggles to gain the support of older black voters.

And I hate the misuse of 'DNC'. The DNC is not shorthand for the Democratic party, they are an organization that runs presidential elections and helps the various state chapters of the party coordinate. They do not exercise complete control over whatever the party does. The people that assume they do show their ignorance of politics in this country everytime they use it to refer to the party.

MagicDoogies

Oct 31, 2017
Unlike young folks the black community has been voting and participating in the Democratic party for decades. When people insult the 'DNC' a lot of folks see that as a direct attack on them and the work they've done or the behalf of the party. It's a huge reason why Sanders struggles to gain the support of older black voters.

Aside from the fact that the black community IS NOT a monolith and like all demographics there is just as much as a difference between the opinions of older black people and younger black people it is not anyones responsibility to coddle people who attach their entire identity to a party. If we make fun of Republicans for doing it than Democrats are fair game.
And I hate the misuse of 'DNC'. The DNC is not shorthand for the Democratic party, they are an organization that runs presidential elections and helps the various state chapters of the party coordinate. They do not exercise complete control over whatever the party does. The people that assume they do show their ignorance of politics in this country everytime they use it to refer to the party.

The DNC isn't the Democratic Party but they DO forsee almost everything the Democratic party runs is hardly a distinction worth giving a shit about. They might as well be the same in all but names and a few minor details.

Status
Not open for further replies.