• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Democrats try to stop Biden because of the allegations that he is a rapist? If so, how?

• Yes. Go scorched earth on Biden and try to make Sanders win (scenario 1)

• Yes. A third candidate should (re)enter the race to achieve a contested convention (scenario 2)

• Yes. Leaders of the party and others should try to talk to Biden to choose a replacement (scenario 3

• No. It's too late to stop Biden or to risky to try. We're stuck voting for him (scenario 4)

• No. I like Biden's policies more so I support him despite him being an (alleged) rapist (stance 5)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2018
I feel gross about voting for Biden but luckily I'm from such a blue state I don't have to and it won't matter.

But I can't support the man.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Man, what bullshit. It's such a bummer than Warren isn't the nominee. I think the thought process of the average primary voter was that Warren is a women, Hillary is a woman and lost, therefore, Warren would lose too. But Warren is way better than Biden and I believe has better electability than Bernie.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I seriously would have put money down on Biden self destructing if I was a betting man.
i never actually expected the other campaigns (especially Sanders) to be that incompetent as to be put in that situation.
It's clear Sanders is not winning this and you have to wonder if he had any intention of winning this to begin with.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
The woman making this rape allegation took it to the Warren campaign (and the Harris campaign) and they both dismissed her because they didn't find it credible.

Do you have a source for this?

I seriously would have put money down on Biden self destructing if I was a betting man.
i never actually expected the other campaigns (especially Sanders) to be that incompetent as to be put in that situation.
It's clear Sanders is not winning this and you have to wonder if he had any intention of winning this to begin with.

This is silly. Sanders risked his health by running. Whether you agree with his policies, rhetoric or what, this is silly.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
This is silly. Sanders risked his health by running. Whether you agree with his policies, rhetoric or what, this is silly.
His campaign is not showing he's in this to win.
The results he's getting are not showing that either.
He's not my 1st choice but he's not far either.
I won't delude myself in thinking that he's done a perfect job making his case too.
The sad truth is that there's no participation trophy in politics and winners get to write how everyone is perceived.
His coalition is clearly not the one leading and he shown to be unwilling to try to broaden his message.
That to me shows that he's not really willing to do whatever needs to be done to win.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I'm not arguing his campaign has been perfect or even good, it's clear that while his policies are something that quite a few Americans support, the way he's messaged it has not been persuasive enough. I just find it odd that he had a serious health episode and came back quickly afterwards and you're arguing that he's not in it to win it.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I'm not arguing his campaign has been perfect or even good, it's clear that while his policies are something that quite a few Americans support, the way he's messaged it has not been persuasive enough. I just find it odd that he had a serious health episode and came back quickly afterwards and you're arguing that he's not in it to win it.
Like if there's one thing he should have learned from 2016 is that the people who wholeheartedly support his message is not enough to win a primary.
I don't question his dedication to get his message out there.
I refuse to think that Sanders is incompetent enough to not have hired anyone willing to tell him that he needs to broaden his base.
It's impossible to look at this mess and not wonder why they decided doing a 2016 redo was a good idea.
His whole campaign has been willing to support people with questionable outbursts but never in a way that would broaden his base.
Whatever loving fuck was the point of caping for Tulsi Gabbard?
That shit endorsed Biden because she's seeing where the wind is blowing.

OP
OP
hydrophilic attack
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
so there hasn't been much reporting on this in mainstream media. vox and newsweek and i think that's about it

i fear at this point the story won't get widespread attention until the GOP wants it to

does this change anyone's idea about how best to proceed?

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Like if there's one thing he should have learned from 2016 is that the people who wholeheartedly support his message is not enough to win a primary.
I don't question his dedication to get his message out there.
I refuse to think that Sanders is incompetent enough to not have hired anyone willing to tell him that he needs to broaden his base.
It's impossible to look at this mess and not wonder why they decided doing a 2016 redo was a good idea.
His whole campaign has been willing to support people with questionable outbursts but never in a way that would broaden his base.
Whatever loving fuck was the point of caping for Tulsi Gabbard?
That shit endorsed Biden because she's seeing where the wind is blowing.

It was clearly a very poor strategy and more people need to be looking at why he's not gaining a larger following other than using mainstream media and dem elites as these all encompassing boogeymen that has everyone else mind controlled. There doesn't seem to have been much growth in that area since 2016.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It was clearly a very poor strategy and more people need to be looking at why he's not gaining a larger following other than using mainstream media and dem elites as these all encompassing boogeymen that has everyone else mind controlled. There doesn't seem to have been much growth in that area since 2016.
It's even worse than that, he lost states to Biden that he won against Clinton!
(then again if you look at policies, it might as well be that Clinton was to the left of current Biden which might mean an extra layer of lol on people dismissing moderates in favor of progressives).
His base is shrinking if anything.

How can you make a case for progressive policies with a candidate that refuse to evolve his campaign to suit the electorate?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biden's replacement doesn't have to be Bernie and the Party would never do that. LOL at this point Andrew Cuomo can win the presidency since he has that energy right now.

It should be Liz imo. Kick the rapist to the curb and back Warren.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
It's even worse than that, he lost states to Biden that he won against Clinton!
(then again if you look at policies, it might as well be that Clinton was to the left of current Biden which might mean an extra layer of lol on people dismissing moderates in favor of progressives).
His base is shrinking if anything.

How can you make a case for progressive policies with a candidate that refuse to evolve his campaign to suit the electorate?
It's a large part of why I don't like cult of personalities. Just take a look at the r/ourpresident sub with all the theories on how everyone has it out for Bernie especially in regard to media. I wouldn't mind if it were actual thoughtful critique, but it's usually along the lines of "main stream media/corrupt media has it out for him" type of stuff. It mirrors behavior I detest from conservatives, so it's frustrating to see it on our end. I voted sanders and think he'd be the best choice, but it's not at all surprising to me why he's not growing despite having the best policies. I wish that was all it takes, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. Wholeheartedly agree on Tulsi, very odd.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's replacement doesn't have to be Bernie and the Party would never do that. LOL at this point Andrew Cuomo can win the presidency since he has that energy right now.

It should be Liz imo. Kick the rapist to the curb and back Warren.

Liz couldn't even win her own state, or even come in second place. Whomever they pick should at least be a legitimate contender for Bernie if they could ever plausibly pick them over him.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie beats Trump every time.
Except when it comes to garnering even enough votes to win a primary.

I'm not excusing the backdoor bullshit the DNC pulls in public, but this romanticization and overestimation of Bernie's electability is repeating itself, again. This is Bernie Math 2.0. This is the same conclusion now as it was then.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's a large part of why I don't like cult of personalities. Just take a look at the r/ourpresident sub with all the theories on how everyone has it out for Bernie especially in regard to media. I wouldn't mind if it were actual thoughtful critique, but it's usually along the lines of "main stream media/corrupt media has it out for him" type of stuff. It mirrors behavior I detest from conservatives, so it's frustrating to see it on our end. I voted sanders and think he'd be the best choice, but it's not at all surprising to me why he's not growing despite having the best policies. I wish that was all it takes, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case. Wholeheartedly agree on Tulsi, very odd.
Cult of personalities are lame when they focus on losers and dangerous when they focus on winners.
And the media having a hate boner on Bernie isn't far fetched since the guy is full on eat the rich.
The problem is that Americans see themselves as temporarily embarrased millionaires so this angle never made sense to begin with.
The media isn't against Sanders because of some plot against America or something, it's only because it makes good TV that gives them cash that they're after.

And it's fucking rich to shit on CNN or MSNBC when Sanders is more than happy to go on FoxNews thus allowing the propaganda channel to sell ad space by the million.
Sanders is personnally helping finance a literal state tv that is pushing against EVERYTHING Sanders stands for.
It's partly why we're in this mess and the guy just go and help them financially.

The guy is anything but perfect (EVERYONE is) yet the way the campaign and the social media around him are makes you think he isn't.
Worse yet when he makes mistakes, you get a barrage of conspirational thinking to tell you that he's actually a super genius.
That shit is legit funny when you see that in flatearthers but grating and downright infuriating when there's something at stake.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Wonder how many voted option 4 despite actually thinking option 5 because they didn't want to be seen as sociopathic

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
It doesn't matter how I feel. Unless Biden literally dies he's going to be the candidate (which I suppose is why "Biden is secretly dead!" is the latest Berner conspiracy du jour). So it's time to figure out how to push other progressive candidates in state and downballot races. And let's hope he picks a damn good VP because he's almost certainly a one-termer either way.

Uhyve

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't isn't from the US and is therefore at risk of speaking about something I don't fully understand, everything I have seen of Biden makes him seem like a creepy weirdo liar at best.

I feel like democrats are fooling themselves into having a deeply unlikable candidate again. Am I missing something?

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
As someone who doesn't isn't from the US and is therefore at risk of speaking about something I don't fully understand, everything I have seen of Biden makes him seem like a creepy weirdo liar at best.

I feel like democrats are fooling themselves into having a deeply unlikable candidate again. Am I missing something?
You're missing that he was Obama's VP

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Except when it comes to garnering even enough votes to win a primary.

I'm not excusing the backdoor bullshit the DNC pulls in public, but this romanticization and overestimation of Bernie's electability is repeating itself, again. This is Bernie Math 2.0. This is the same conclusion now as it was then.
It's like strategy rpg weapon triangle. Bernie hits Trump for massive damage but is vulnerable to primaries.

OP
OP
hydrophilic attack
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It doesn't matter how I feel. Unless Biden literally dies he's going to be the candidate (which I suppose is why "Biden is secretly dead!" is the latest Berner conspiracy du jour). So it's time to figure out how to push other progressive candidates in state and downballot races. And let's hope he picks a damn good VP because he's almost certainly a one-termer either way.
can't say i've seen this anywhere so there must be only a truly small amount of people tweeting about it!
It's like strategy rpg weapon triangle. Bernie hits Trump for massive damage but is vulnerable to primaries.
tfw you mess up your vagrant story weapon build
Wonder how many voted option 4 despite actually thinking option 5 because they didn't want to be seen as sociopathic
the important thing to note is that a majority of the forum is for finding a way to ditch biden, whether it be through option 1, 2 or 3. the loud contingent on here that seem to want to keep biden seems to be a minority of the members here. (they may still be correct of course.)

Oct 27, 2017
I wish Bernie hadn't run and had endorsed Warren.

She may have actually had a chance even with the genitalia disadvantage.

There aren't any good options here unless she becomes the nominee. Bernie Sanders isn't a solution.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
I'd rather vote for Biden in the general election than try some shenanigans that possibly split the base or give Trump a chance to win. Despite my disdain for Biden, I know his plans and overall stance aligns a hell of alot more than Trump's does, and the fact that Democratic voters want him more than Sanders(who I wanted to win the primary, or Warren) kinda seals it.

Metaroo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But it's still the same white liberal mentality.
gggN4y1.jpg

53% of white women voted for him.

And this is still as true now as it is was then.
4XPYxvo.jpg

That MLK quote describes most of the posters on this board. 100%.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I feel gross about voting for Biden but luckily I'm from such a blue state I don't have to and it won't matter.

But I can't support the man.
This is the logic I've used in the past, that the candidate I'm supposed to vote for is gonna win the state anyway so it won't make a difference if I vote, but apparently that still counts as I didn't vote and can't complain. Unless I've misinterpreted your post.

Mod edit: Please do not bump a old thread when there is a relevant one on the front page

www.resetera.com

So if Biden steps down.....what do we do? Who takes his place?

I'm making this thread so the inevitable conversation that will derail new Tara Reade thread has a place to go instead of shitting up a thread that is strictly about sexual harrasment claims only. So let's say Joe steps down or is forced to step down. What the hell are we going to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 21, 2018
This is the logic I've used in the past, that the candidate I'm supposed to vote for is gonna win the state anyway so it won't make a difference if I vote, but apparently that still counts as I didn't vote and can't complain. Unless I've misinterpreted your post.

Let me put it this way, if I was from a red state or a purple state I'd be voting blue in a heartbeat. Trump is dangerous and has been accused of rape many, many more times. I'd be voting for the lesser of two evils.
In a blue state like the one I'm in, I have no reason to support a rapist.

I also can't pretend that Biden's policies won't be whole lot better than Trumps and as a whole not be a complete national disgrace.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'll need to give up on Sanders. He had two shots and couldn't convince the democratic voters either time. If he can't even convince them, then what makes you think he can convince the rest of Americans? Our best bet would be for the DNC to come up with a new candidate that Biden willingly steps aside and endorses. That's not happening, so we are basically SOL with Biden.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
If enough people raise their voice and demand Biden step down due to his rape allegations, the DNC would need to make a decision.

Edit: damn, got necro bumped...

Status
Not open for further replies.