• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
https://variety.com/2018/film/news/box-office-first-man-venom-star-1202978295/#article-comments

The drop is much more massive than A Star Is Born, but it seems that the large debut still means that it may be able to top the box office, which is impressive considering its critical reception. Does this mean that this movie could actually end up being a success? I still have yet to see it myself, but maybe I will check it out next weekend as despite my disappointment in the lack of Spider-Man I am a fan of Venom.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to make over 500m worldwide, maybe even 600m. It's not surprising it's going to top the box office again. The drop is also getting smaller as the weekend goes on and might even be less then 60%, which would be average for a super hero film. It's also going to be close too making 200 domestically by the end of its run, which is in the realm of Ant-Man territory for comparisons.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Great news.

"Nobody cares about Venom"
"The Venom with the gun is more popular"
"No Spiderman means people won't care about it"

Lol

WoahW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think Sony will let MCU keep Holland's Spider-Man so I doubt this has any bearing on it.

Literally in the theater right now waiting to see it, saw Goosebumps 2 earlier today and sadly I think Goosebumps will be better

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Feige better resort to any and all measures both above and below board to ensure that Sony doesn't wreck Spider-Man.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Add Venom to the MCU let Brock try on the spider suit to defend against high frequencies and Venom gets his spider emblem and abilities. Money print machine.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
There are two box office threads open dealing with Venom. I don't think that this one is really news/thread worthy, especially since the official weekend estimates are out tomorrow morning anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.