• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Saw this happening to a few users in discord

some tweets as examples

EDIT: PS NOW codes still work

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just redeemed a code from one I bought at a super market. So that worked for me.

Last edited:

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Sony blocking me from turning auto renew off

Or actually it's a server problem because everyone's hammering them in to get cheap Premium lol

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
So:

- this is definitely happening. I'm getting it on a Plus code card, and so are several other people in the topic about how PS Plus Premium subscription time will be based on whichever subscription you have longer - Plus or Now.

- it's early to be calling this a "block". It could be a server error. The PlayStation Store is not exactly the pinnacle of web stores at the best of times.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
Me and a friend have redeemed a 3months PS Now code just one hour ago. I am not saying that OT is wrong, just sharing my experience.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is definitely happening. I just had it happen to me.

I have 4 PS+ codes that I bought on CDkeys back in 2020. I redeemed one when Demon's Souls remake came out, but held off on the others, in case I wanted to let my sub lapse and redeem them later.

I tried them now and they don't work, all 3 remaining ones.

I sent a support ticket to CDKeys for now, but yeah... it's 100% Sony's fault, I just have zero hopes of them being of any help here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
haven't tried it myself, but I heard the same happening in two different places. this is definitely a thing. as for it being an intentional block or an error, that remains to be seen.

Magio

Apr 14, 2020
For what it's worth, I'd bought 2 years of Now in anticipation of the PS+ Premium launch (as supposedly those will convert straight to premium), and initially intended to wait 'til the day before launch, but redeemed them now instead in light of those few reports. At least as of a little while ago, my Now codes *did* both work.

I'd bank on a temporary error until further information, but if they did actually block PS+ codes this would be an absolutely shitty move.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
They are about to give FIFA on Plus next month, they wouldnt suddenly block people from subscribing now. Its clearly just a server issue. Theres little reason to think that they would suddenly do a huge block like that on purpose.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a problem with the servers. It's not even letting me look at my subscriptions on the Playstation Store website.

wildphantom_

Feb 14, 2021
I redeemed 3 months of Now fine about an hour ago but the 1 year of Plus still getting the error. Will try again tomorrow.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Sony blocking me from turning auto renew off

Or actually it's a server problem because everyone's hammering them in to get cheap Premium lol
This seems more likely as of right now.

It's certainly an error. They're not going to block people from subbing to PS+.
Exactly. PSNow is more understandable. And seeing how they got rid of even the 1 month PSNow sub Sony arent fucking around trying to close loop holes.

Blocking Plus subs seems out there tho, even for Sony.

wildphantom_

Feb 14, 2021
It's probably FIFA driving this vs. the tiers changes. All my 'casual' friends who haven't got Plus & FIFA are subbing.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I am skeptical that it's just a network error. If so, the store UI is exceptionally bad at telling the user this, because everything seems to be showing the code as not redeemable.

When you enter the code, this happens:

1- It detects the code as being a PS+ sub, showing a screen going "Redeem 1 year worth of PS+ sub?", a ToS text, and a confirm button
2- Clicking confirm gives the error "Could not redeem the code, try again later", with an input to re-enter a code
3- Rentering the code shows the same screen as step 1 again
4- Clicking confirm the 2nd time says "Code is inactive, please check the ToS"

This is extremely suspicious honestly.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
I bought today 12 months and 1 month of PS Plus from Amazon France and both don't work, i managed to get the 12 months one refunded, so yeah its absolutely an issue right now.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
See if retail were instructed to pull the PS+ cards

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
I am skeptical that it's just a network error. If so, the store UI is exceptionally bad at telling the user this, because everything seems to be showing the code as not redeemable.

1- It detects the code as being a PS+ sub, showing a screen going "Redeem 1 year worth of PS+ sub?", a ToS text, and a confirm button
2- Clicking confirm gives the error "Could not redeem the code, try again later", with an input to re-enter a code

I haven't gotten the 2nd message and I've tried entering my code multiple times via the website and on the PS5.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

That happened to me few months back with a code i bought from cdkeys. There website and error codes are just shit.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017

That was the original behaviour, but now it's swapped to just saying that the card can't be redeemed.

Not sure whether that's more or less indicative of intention.

I agree scepticism is warranted here, but it'd really be an exceptionally shit move for Sony to be fucking with the specific people who are most willing to stack up time on their new subscription service.

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
I bet retailers were told to pull codes/cards and failed to do so and Sony is now taking the blame. I remember working at Best Buy, We had similar situations happen with other game cards. Hell we had a copy of Warhammer Online on the shelf way after the game shut down...

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Nope. Lost my 40 bucks as Sony support said code was inactive while cdkeys kept saying it was active.
Oof... something I think we all fear when we buy codes from a website. I've used cdkeys more than a handful of times and so far never ran into this. Sorry you did though, pretty sure that'd put me off ever using them again.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
Nope. Lost my 40 bucks as Sony support said code was inactive while cdkeys kept saying it was active.
I have just solicited a refund to Instantgaming, it seems that they have accepted it.

Anyway, I hope they allow to subscribe to PS+, I wanted to get a couple of years before the transition.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
This is definitely happening. I just had it happen to me.

I have 4 PS+ codes that I bought on CDkeys back in 2020. I redeemed one when Demon's Souls remake came out, but held off on the others, in case I wanted to let my sub lapse and redeem them later.

I tried them now and they don't work, all 3 remaining ones.

I sent a support ticket to CDKeys for now, but yeah... it's 100% Sony's fault, I just have zero hopes of them being of any help here.

Pretty sure PS+ codes expire 1 year after your purchase. Not sure about PS Now.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Oof... something I think we all fear when we buy codes from a website. I've used cdkeys more than a handful of times and so far never ran into this. Sorry you did though, pretty sure that'd put me off ever using them again.
Yeah i bought one more code recently just to test it out but i am just going to sub directly from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.