• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
What news? I have 2 years of ps plus left.
The news that having both will extend your PS+ Premium to the longer of the expirations.

www.resetera.com

PlayStation users with both PS+ and PS Now subscriptions will get converted to the Premium tier for the longer duration of their 2 subscriptions News - Sony

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/ I saw some wondering about how this will work out, it is detailed in the FAQ: I know of someone that will be happy:

dozy

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, very good, I thought Amazon was selling me rubbish. PS5 first said the code had already been used and the Playstation page shows it's a 12 month subscription but redeeming it ends in an error message.

PugSith

Mar 8, 2018
Few emails back and forth with playstation support. Send us your voucher and proof of purchase, send us this, send us that.

Meanwhile the "AskPS_UK" account is flooded with people having the same issues so something broken somewhere

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure it's just an issue with the code redemption server being hammered right now since people saw that PS+ subs will convert to PS+ premium and want to stack up.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like a code change fuckup. Could be deploying changes ready for the new subscriptions and didn't regression test properly, breaking the existing process.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Servers "getting hammered" for days on?

Come on, this excuse is running thin now
I think it's more likely that they pushed a change in preparation for the new service and inadvertently broke code redemption. I think they'll fix it, but they'll need time to test it before they can push a change again. I don't think they can just not accept valid codes, that would be a lawsuit in the making.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's more likely that they pushed a change in preparation for the new service and inadvertently broke code redemption. I think they'll fix it, but they'll need time to test it before they can push a change again. I don't think they can just not accept valid codes, that would be a lawsuit in the making.
One thing I'd like to see tested, do codes still work on a fresh account with no PS+? Have they specifically broken the redemption for stacking, like they have done on the webstore when trying to buy more PS+ ("you already have this item"). IF it's intentional (and my guess is that it is, to prevent any NOW owner from stacking for decades lol), and they've done it this way - surely there is no grounds for any lawsuit. People would simply need to wait for their current service to expire then the code will start working again.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for contacting CDKeys and explaining the situation.

We're very sorry, but it looks like there is a temporary issue with Sony's PlayStation servers affecting the ability to redeem codes. Kindly try redeeming the code again in a couple of hours.

If this does not solve the problem, we recommend contacting PSN support directly, and they have access to your account and will be best placed to assist you.

We're very sorry that you've had problems with your order. If there's anything else that we can help with, please do let us know.

I guess I'll go fuck myself then.
Looks like I'm really going to have to go through paypal to get this solved. Didn't expect this with a company as trusted as Sony. Scummy thing to do with zero communication.

Last edited:

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Pretty sure it's just an issue with the code redemption server being hammered right now since people saw that PS+ subs will convert to PS+ premium and want to stack up.
Unlike Era, I doubt your average punter is desperately trying to stack tons of PS+ years to the point of breaking the servers for days.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So wait, if someone bought a few years of legitimate Playstation Plus 12 month cards/codes a few months ago and hasn't activated them yet, they're just shit out of luck and out hundreds of dollars..?

Fucking SERIOUSLY? Am I understanding that correctly? How is that even remotely acceptable, or even legal?

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I'm really going to have to go through paypal to get this solved. Didn't expect this with a company as trusted as Sony. Scummy thing to do with zero communication.

I'd hold on a bit before doing anything and see if things get sorted out in the next few days. Sony have clearly (intentionally or unintentionally) broken their process for redeeming PS+ vouchers.

If it isn't fixed then cdkeys should be obligated to refund you because they've sold you something which doesn't work, you shouldn't be expected to chase Sony to get a resolution for this (let cdkeys and Sony fight between themselves if they've been sold vouchers that Sony aren't honoring).

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
So wait, if someone bought a few years of legitimate Playstation Plus 12 month cards/codes a few months ago and hasn't activated them yet, they're just shit out of luck and out hundreds of dollars..?

Fucking SERIOUSLY? Am I understanding that correctly? How is that even remotely acceptable, or even legal?
It isn't acceptable. Amazon and SonyRewards are still selling it directly. That's why I think it's just a temporary issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley

What you seem to be going off is the thread title and what some people are assuming.

What is FAR more likely that their backend is struggling with whatever changes they are doing to PS+ for the new tiers.

I don't mean it's being "swamped" or "hammered" either, but rather that PSN stuff tied to account related services is extremely finicky.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

bagdad-bob.jpg

hoping this is true, I have a few cards I haven't used yet

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like people are just jumping to conclusions because they are convinced everything needs to be some nefarious corporate plan and constantly need something to be rallying against.

Something is clearly broken (I have 2 codes I can't redeem), the most likely situation is they pushed a code update live that hadn't been fully tested.
PS+ has 10s of millions of subscribers, that will be millions of lapsing subscriptions between now and the new service launch, and there is no way they are trying to deliberately block them from extending the sub (never mind the issues with losing access to games/cloud saves/etc) in case some of them are trying to commit to the playstation ecosystem for years. People here forget that they are an absolutely minuscule sample of the userbase and people who are aware that they can stack subs (and are actually willing to spend the money in advance) are a tiny drop in the ocean; they are not remotely worth the time developing, testing, launching a system stopping them (and thats before you even consider the legal ramifications and negative attention).

Heidern

Oct 30, 2017
Connecticut
For me, I'm pretty sure that these codes that I got from Gamestop will work eventually. The only concern is whether they'll let existing members extend their memberships before the changeover, or that the "try again later" means we will be able to extend PS+ Essential after the conversion to the new version.

Are people able to use PS+ cards to attach to users that don't currently have service?

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
It's not an issue with servers, PlayStation Wallet Top-Up Cards work just fine, i just redeemed one today but i can't redeem the PS Plus code i have.

KentBlake

Oct 27, 2017
I also had this problem. The response from Sony's support was simply:

"Victor E.:Hello

Victor E.:On this case right now you will be unable to add those codes to the account since we have disabled the option to redeem ps plus codes. The option is temporarily disabled. You will have to wait. We don't have information about when will be back. Do you have other question?

Victor E.:Thanks for contacting PlayStation, have a good day!"

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like people are just jumping to conclusions because they are convinced everything needs to be some nefarious corporate plan and constantly need something to be rallying against.

Something is clearly broken (I have 2 codes I can't redeem), the most likely situation is they pushed a code update live that hadn't been fully tested.
PS+ has 10s of millions of subscribers, that will be millions of lapsing subscriptions between now and the new service launch, and there is no way they are trying to deliberately block them from extending the sub (never mind the issues with losing access to games/cloud saves/etc) in case some of them are trying to commit to the playstation ecosystem for years. People here forget that they are an absolutely minuscule sample of the userbase and people who are aware that they can stack subs (and are actually willing to spend the money in advance) are a tiny drop in the ocean; they are not remotely worth the time developing, testing, launching a system stopping them (and thats before you even consider the legal ramifications and negative attention).
It's a paid service. This has been going on over 24 hours. Why is it's not Sony's fault for not communicating what is happening?

Alexxondre

May 13, 2020
My GF bought a FR 12-months PS+ card from Amazon ES last weekend, got delivered yesterday and she had the exact same issue. She mailed Sony support but they didn't answer yet.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a paid service. This has been going on over 24 hours. Why is it's not Sony's fault for not communicating what is happening?

Oh, the playstation comms and customer support can be terrible. No defence of that.
My point was that so many people jump to the idea this is some conspiracy and they are being deliberately blocked. Ascribe to malice whats explained by incompetence, etc.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not that it means anything definitive in the long run, but this is something I've curious about too. Are codes not working for everyone or only those who are attempting to redeem with an already active subscription?
They are blocking the ability to stack multiple years. As codes work if you dont have PS+ currently but then when you try to add another year to that it fails.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Are people unable to sub to Plus at all or are they not able to stack subs? In the other thread someone said they were able to sub just fine, but other codes to stack years didn't work anymore.
Edit: See above.

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not that it means anything definitive in the long run, but this is something I've curious about too. Are codes not working for everyone or only those who are attempting to redeem with an already active subscription?

They are blocking the ability to stack multiple years. As codes work if you dont have PS+ currently but then when you try to add another year to that it fails.

Are people unable to sub to Plus at all or are they not able to stack subs? In the other thread someone said they were able to sub just fine, but other codes to stack years didn't work anymore.
Edit: See above.
Interesting. The most you can add from one code is a year, right?

I don't currently have an active sub so maybe I can test this.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

I don't get it though. Aren't PS Plus memberships just converted straight to PS Plus Essential and is the same exact service except with a name change? Why should they care if you stack codes for a tier of service that isn't changing. With PS Now I get it because you gain something out of that but that's not currently blocked as far as I understand.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it though. Aren't PS Plus memberships just converted straight to PS Plus Essential and is the same exact service except with a name change? Why should they care if you stack codes for a tier of service that isn't changing. With PS Now I get it because you gain something out of that but that's not currently blocked as far as I understand.
B/c if you have both PS+ and PSNow, they convert to PS+ Premium and your new expiration date becomes w/e is the longest current sub from the two.

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you have PS Now when the new service starts you get Premium for whichever is longer out of PS+ and PS Now

digitalrelic

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
B/c if you have both PS+ and PSNow, they convert to PS+ Premium and your new expiration date becomes w/e is the longest current sub from the two.
If you have PS Now when the new service starts you get Premium for whichever is longer out of PS+ and PS Now

Yep. Seems they want to block consumers from taking advantage of this deal, essentially limiting anyone to 1 year of PS Plus Premium at the PS Plus Essentials price (unless they already have a ton of years of PS+ and PS NOW on their account, in which case it seems they'll be the rare consumer that gets more than a year of Playstation Plus Premium at a discount).

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Seems they want to block consumers from taking advantage of this deal, essentially limiting anyone to 1 year of PS Plus Premium at the PS Plus Essentials price (unless they already have a ton of years of PS+ and PS NOW on their account, in which case it seems they'll be the rare consumer that gets more than a year of Playstation Plus Premium at a discount).
Really shitty to still be selling codes that the know you can't redeem.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Nasty fuckers.

Selling the codes but not accepting them

BarcaTheGreat

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have another 3 years of plus.. Never used now so if I can get even a 3 month now before June 13, I will be set for 3 years right? At highest tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.