• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild that the Xbox went from having no Yakuza games to being the best place to play the Yakuza games.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
I hope so. I'd love to play it before the second one releases but I wasn't really wanting to spend money on it lol

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
God fucking bless Game Pass for making all of my friends finally make the jump into playing Yakuza.

Even if it ends in tears, it'll all have been worth it just for this.

Last edited:

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Oh hell yes, I'm about 30 hours into Yakuza 7 and I'm in love with it. (Beat 0-1-2) is the English dub alright like Y7? It's way better than I expected.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
finally. I've been wanting to play this for awhile, almost bought on PS4 a few times but since every Yakuza game started coming to XGP, I figured I should wait.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Stop Xbox, i cant play these games fast enough. There is too much content to play. I have still 6 Yakuzas ahead of me.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Stop Xbox, i cant play these games fast enough. There is too much content to play. I have still 6 Yakuzas ahead of me.

rmvd2sdn5t7y.jpg

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The entire Yakuza franchise is up there. It's only a matter of time when Judgment comes.

Oct 27, 2017
In February, I started playing Yakuza 0.

I have now finished:

• Yakuza 0
  • Yakuza Kiwami 1
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3
  • Yakuza 4

And now I'm about a third of the way through Yakuza 5. Since I didn't get burned out by the third game, I think I'll be able to finish all eight of these games by the end of 2021.

Also worth noting that I have never played a game that required subtitles before and I rarely ever played singleplayer games so this new addiction is still pretty weird.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild that the Xbox went from having no Yakuza games to being the best place to play the Yakuza games.
I mean, its great progress but that's just plain not true. Xbox is short: Kurohyou 1&2, Yakuza 1&2 HD (and no, Kiwami 1&2 are NOT the exact same games, I count them as separate ones), Ishin? Kenzan? heck even Dead Souls? Hokuto Ga Gotoku?
There's also the fact that not only can the Xbox versions not be modded but also that they are missing music in certain games due to licensing making either unpatched Japanese PS4 versions, or the good ol' PS3 versions superior in some respects.
Plus Xbox has no way of playing the original version of some of these games - Yakuza 4 will forever be missing the proper Tanimura, Yakuza 3 will forever be missing certain content, Judge Eyes will also be missing certain content which got swapped out from the PS4 original not to mention the superior version of Hamura getting cut from existence.
Sure, if your one metric is "I can get these games for free" then yeah Gamepass is great. But even then, no current console is the one best place to play all of Yakuza since Kenzan and the PSP games are unplayable there but in terms of content, PS4 still got Xbox beat. Only legit thing Xbox has over Playstation is Yakuza 6 running in 60FPS on the Series X, but the concession there is being stuck with the inferior soundtrack. Which brings me to...

The PC would actually be closer to the best place to play but since there's a few botched parts to certain remasters so it's not quite there yet (dodging was fucked on 3-5 at launch and fan patches still havent quite fixed that, physics on certain mini games are still not correct making certain mini games even harder than the console remasters which are technically harder compared to the PS3 originals...)
But at least on PC you can mod music, characters and fix other odd issues to the point where its just a matter of time where it'll be THE place to play the entire series. And thanks to emulation, the PSP games, RGG1&2 (via PS2) and Kenzan (PS3) are all perfectly playable and better than the host consoles as they run in higher resolution with no real hit to performance (Kenzan has a tiny hiccup in one part of Gion but its marginal at best, and its not like the PS3 version doesnt drop a frame or two there as well). And Dead Souls while not perfect on the PS3 emu at the moment has made progress, modders have it running (buggily) in 60FPS, which is still astonishingly better than what it is on PS3. And with translation efforts (slowly) progressing for Ishin, we may see an English Ishin patch for PC/PS3 via emulation (and PS4?) one of these days...

So basically - PC/PS4 > Xbox for the time being. Maybe eventually they'll get the entire series on all paltforms but for now I'll be keeping the PS3/4 copies of the games.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This seems like the one that could get me into the "Yakuza" games. I know it's not Yakuza, but it does have English VO right? My problem with the Yakuza games is that they are all so dialogue heavy, (at least what I've played of 0, 5 and 6), and the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is read an hour of dialogue. Especially with how long the cutscenes in those games are, where in a normal game with a 20 minute cutscene I might get up and empty the dishwasher or check my emails, while still listening to what's happening. That's just not doable in a game that where I can't understand the voices. I know Yakuza 7 is another option, but I'm just not a big turn based guy, so that's a real turn off for me. Anyway, I will happily give Judgement a try on Game Pass. I know it won't get me to want to go back to the older Yakuza games, but maybe, it'll at least get me into the Judgement series.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Can they please bring this to PC?
I feel like I've been waiting years to play it.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still wild how we just got all of the Kingdom Hearts and Yakuza games dumped on us (on a good way) for free after being shut out so long.

Of course, they're all super long so I have no idea when I'll get through them. But I did install Like a Dragon today so I'm making progress.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't even had time to finish 7 yet.

Thought I would have to wait at least 6+ months.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still wild how we just got all of the Kingdom Hearts and Yakuza games dumped on us (on a good way) for free after being shut out so long.

Of course, they're all super long so I have no idea when I'll get through them. But I did install Like a Dragon today so I'm making progress.
I only see Kingdom Hearts 3 on the list, you might be out of luck on that one. You should thank MS for that as well.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I mean, its great progress but that's just plain not true. Xbox is short: Kurohyou 1&2, Yakuza 1&2 HD (and no, Kiwami 1&2 are NOT the exact same games, I count them as separate ones), Ishin? Kenzan? heck even Dead Souls? Hokuto Ga Gotoku?
There's also the fact that not only can the Xbox versions not be modded but also that they are missing music in certain games due to licensing making either unpatched Japanese PS4 versions, or the good ol' PS3 versions superior in some respects.
Plus Xbox has no way of playing the original version of some of these games - Yakuza 4 will forever be missing the proper Tanimura, Yakuza 3 will forever be missing certain content, Judge Eyes will also be missing certain content which got swapped out from the PS4 original not to mention the superior version of Hamura getting cut from existence.
Sure, if your one metric is "I can get these games for free" then yeah Gamepass is great. But even then, no current console is the one best place to play all of Yakuza since Kenzan and the PSP games are unplayable there but in terms of content, PS4 still got Xbox beat. Only legit thing Xbox has over Playstation is Yakuza 6 running in 60FPS on the Series X, but the concession there is being stuck with the inferior soundtrack. Which brings me to...

The PC would actually be closer to the best place to play but since there's a few botched parts to certain remasters so it's not quite there yet (dodging was fucked on 3-5 at launch and fan patches still havent quite fixed that, physics on certain mini games are still not correct making certain mini games even harder than the console remasters which are technically harder compared to the PS3 originals...)
But at least on PC you can mod music, characters and fix other odd issues to the point where its just a matter of time where it'll be THE place to play the entire series. And thanks to emulation, the PSP games, RGG1&2 (via PS2) and Kenzan (PS3) are all perfectly playable and better than the host consoles as they run in higher resolution with no real hit to performance (Kenzan has a tiny hiccup in one part of Gion but its marginal at best, and its not like the PS3 version doesnt drop a frame or two there as well). And Dead Souls while not perfect on the PS3 emu at the moment has made progress, modders have it running (buggily) in 60FPS, which is still astonishingly better than what it is on PS3. And with translation efforts (slowly) progressing for Ishin, we may see an English Ishin patch for PC/PS3 via emulation (and PS4?) one of these days...

So basically - PC/PS4 > Xbox for the time being. Maybe eventually they'll get the entire series on all paltforms but for now I'll be keeping the PS3/4 copies of the games.

Yeah in the same vein I bought FF X/X-2 HD Remake on steam even though it's on GP PC because it can be modded to have JP voices.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Why do people keep saying this. Just cause the games are on gamepass doesn't make the playing experience "best" to PlayStation or PC lmao
I mean if someone asked where they should play the yakuza games, i would tell them pick pc or xbox since you get them for "Free" if youre already on gamepass, Buying all of the games on playstation is just worse in comparison.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep saying this. Just cause the games are on gamepass doesn't make the playing experience "best" to PlayStation or PC lmao
I already commented on that above, but I agree. Convenient for sure, and great for anyone on Xbox that wants to try the series but there's still a load of spinoffs that are missing, not to mention the remastered versions (across all platforms) are in some ways compromised versions, depending on the version you get. Its basically PS3 originals > PS4 physical Japanese releases, PS4 Western physical releases > PS4/Xbox digital releases + unmodded PC versions. And then somewhere right alongside the PS3 originals is the modded PC versions that fix all the issues.

Though to the untrained eye, I'd imagine most wont notice any issues with the remasters on any platform.

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
This seems like the one that could get me into the "Yakuza" games. I know it's not Yakuza, but it does have English VO right? My problem with the Yakuza games is that they are all so dialogue heavy, (at least what I've played of 0, 5 and 6), and the last thing I want to do when I get home from work is read an hour of dialogue. Especially with how long the cutscenes in those games are, where in a normal game with a 20 minute cutscene I might get up and empty the dishwasher or check my emails, while still listening to what's happening. That's just not doable in a game that where I can't understand the voices. I know Yakuza 7 is another option, but I'm just not a big turn based guy, so that's a real turn off for me. Anyway, I will happily give Judgement a try on Game Pass. I know it won't get me to want to go back to the older Yakuza games, but maybe, it'll at least get me into the Judgement series.
There's English VO and it's good.

Can they please bring this to PC?
I feel like I've been waiting years to play it.
Y6 got released on game pass for Xbox and PC at the same time (Steam too).

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Because I dont have to pay for them

Edit: the experience is gonna be pretty identical no matter were you play it so getting the games for "free" if your a gamepass sub automatically makes it the best place to play it.

Last edited:

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I've played all of them and my favorite is judgment. I've also played both yakuza 7 and judgment with the English VO. Both are excellent. Judgment lips don't sync all the time but is good all the same.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
. Both are excellent. Judgment lips don't sync all the time but is good all the same.

That's good to hear. The lipsyncing thing doesn't bother me in the slightest. It will just be nice to be able to turn my head away from the screen for a minute and not be totally lost as far as what's going on.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Perfect.

I already owned it on PS4 and didn't want to pay full price for what appears to be a rather basic port (especially with no map rotation option - baffling).

I'll certainly play it if it comes to Game Pass.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I played Judgment on PS4 with the Japanese VO.

Played Yakuza: LaD with the English VO, felt weird at first but it was pretty damn good.

Is Judgment's English VO properly lip synced too ?