• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I didn't really play the GW games much but what I did was fun. I wonder if 3 would have been different enough to warrant another game and maybe that's what their reasoning was.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
And this makes me more curious about their next Switch project. They keep saying that Fifa 18 isn't the only Switch game they have in dev and I always suspected that other game was a Plants vs Zombies title.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We just had a discussion at the other website a couple weeks ago about how EA treating Popcap and its IPs is probably the worst. If you think Dead Space 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda or Dungeon Keeper mobile were bad, try Popcap: most of their franchises were instakilled, the few remaining ones were turned into horrible mobile cash-ins (their prior f2p games were amazing). Peggle 2 was a dumbed down sequel though it wasn't bad per se. The only truly worthwhile thing to come out of the buy-out was Garden Warfare. And even that had a much more limited life than classic Bejeweled, Peggle, etc. games.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
That sucks, I'm curious what shape this ends up in. I'm assuming they'll rush it for Fall 2020/Spring 2020. With Battlefront 2 in 2019.

bigbaldwolf86

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noooo I want GW3!! The 2nd was such a great evolution over the 1st

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they'll be able to release the product. EA's run with the Star Wars license has been pretty much Battlefront so far and it saddens me to see all that lore sitting there for different types of projects. I see this project being next gen and hopefully it gets the time and resources it needs.

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Seems like EA is just throwing everything at Star Wars and hopes that some shit might stick. Very sad. GW was a lot of fun and something unique

Rymuth

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, saw that too. Kinda amazing when you think about they went all in when they announced GW2 (Super zombie showing up on stage etc )

EBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I loved PvZ:GW1 but was wrapped up in other games and never tried the sequel. Is that sequel worth revisiting at this point? Going forward, they should continue to evolve the ME MP with standalone releases that just focus on MP in a similar manner that GW1 did IMO.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Can't say I'm sad about this, I freaking loved the first GW, it was a wonderful, fun and quite balanced game where teamplay was the key even with strangers. Heck, there was more teamplay in GW then Battlefield 4... then GW2 comes out with a lot of new characters and the game was just a confusionary spammy mess, really really bummed by the sequel so...

Maybe it was better if they had the chance to focus on a new game/IP rather then another SW game.

MidiPour

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
We just had a discussion at the other website a couple weeks ago about how EA treating Popcap and its IPs is probably the worst. If you think Dead Space 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda or Dungeon Keeper mobile were bad, try Popcap: most of their franchises were instakilled, the few remaining ones were turned into horrible mobile cash-ins (their prior f2p games were amazing). Peggle 2 was a dumbed down sequel though it wasn't bad per se. The only truly worthwhile thing to come out of the buy-out was Garden Warfare. And even that had a much more limited life than classic Bejeweled, Peggle, etc. games.

You've really encapsulated what's wrong with EA. They used to get worst company of the year awards for a reason, and I don't see any reason to keep track of them, besides for the occasional game like Mirrors Edge Catalyst or Anthem. Even Anthem I'm weary of being filled with microtransactions, or being forced to play with Origin.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I think I'd rather have Ubisoft take the Star Wars IP.....at least they do single player open worlds and have refined the formula enough to where it doesn't bore me.

Assassins creed origins is fantastic and I have a feeling the next far cry is going to be the best in the series.

Would love an open world Jedi game that takes place on coruscant

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
What an odd choice if true. I assumed Garden Warfare was rather successful for them, and they already have quite a few other studios working on Star Wars projects.

Maybe they're trying to get the most out of their remaining time with the license.