• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
weird but ok

variety.com

‘It Takes Two’ Movie Lands at Amazon, Seven Bucks Productions Joins dj2 Entertainment as Producers (EXCLUSIVE)

"It Takes Two" is getting the movie treatment, with the project now set up at Amazon, Variety has learned exclusively.

The film adaptation will follow May and Cody who, as they go through a divorce, find their minds transported into two dolls that their daughter, Rose, made to represent them. Now they must go on a wild and fantastical journey to find a way to get back into their bodies.

"Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" writers Pat Casey and Josh Miller are adapting the game for the screen and will serve as executive producers. Dmitri M. Johnson and Dan Jevons produce for dj2, while Stephan Bugaj of dj2 executive produces. Josef Fares and Oskar Wolontis of Hazelight Studios, which developed the original game, will also executive produce. Kimberly Bialek will oversee production on behalf of Seven Bucks Productions. dj2 has a first-look deal with Amazon, as do Casey and Miller.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
The real question is who did The Rock play It Takes Two with....?

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Why is the 🪨 in an Executive Produce position?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
why make this a movie when the story was the absolute worst part of the game? lol.
actually the only good thing (kind of) was the gameplay and that clearly wont translate at all.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
"Tom Cruise will direct the Xenoblade movie adaptation for Universal Studios"

watch this space

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
This premise already feels like a 2000s family comedy - it's basically just a whimsical take on Honey I Shrunk Ourselves - so this should be a pretty straightforward adaptation if everyone involved keeps their head straight about it. Cast Jack Black & Rose Bryne, get one of the hot animation directors that wants to toy around with live action, and get Jacob Tremblay to play the elephant so he can deliver that soul-haunting scream he does in Doctor Sleep as he's brutally murdered.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I think the basic plot can work as a good movie if they change... almost all the dialogue, to be honest.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
As someone who picked this as their #2 GOTY, the story and characterizations were easily the worst parts. It could be cute and interesting, but it'll take a complete and total rewrite.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Looking forward to seeing my favorite star, Cutie the Elephant on the big screen.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, not exactly an exciting choice. I adore the game, but certainly not for the story. I might look up the scenes where the parents kill the various end of level bosses for laughs (as those were hilariously graphic for what otherwise felt like it was trying to to be a pretty cute game)

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
The story and characters were the absolute worst fuckin part of this game.... so i'm sure this'll be just great.

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
why make this a movie when the story was the absolute worst part of the game? lol.
actually the only good thing (kind of) was the gameplay and that clearly wont translate at all.

The story and characters were the absolute worst fuckin part of this game.... so i'm sure this'll be just great.

These were my exact thoughts. The gameplay was the best part of the game, not the narrative.
At that point, just make a new movie. You don't need this IP.

This isn't the same type of game like The Last of Us or Mass Effect, whose plots and characters can definitely stand on their own.

Last edited:

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a pretty easy concept to adapt for film, but I haven't heard good things about the actual plot.

rdaneel72

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Videogames don't have good stories, but that doesn't matter because it's a videogame. You're playing the game. You're interacting and making decisions. Hardly matters that the story is trash because that is not what you are engaging with.

But a movie with a lame premise, un-sympathetic characters, inane dialogue and a ham-fisted handling of sensitive subject matter like the effects of divorce on a child sounds like a dumpster fire.

Everyone working in Hollywood should just give up.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
waiting for The Ken game adaptation.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Eh. If nothing else it's certainly an opportunity for an adaptation to tell a stronger story than the original.

Oct 27, 2017
Even in Dwayne's legendary expertise at being a wrestling villain, he cannot be as unlikeable as the main characters of ITT

I think I just beat the tree portion with my wife? It's fine, I keep forgetting we're playing it