• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
So some quick googling isn't giving me the answers I'm looking for, although if anyone wants to point me to a good guide that works too. But basically; my parents are stuck with a crappy slow expensive ISP primarily because they have two decades of contacts who know them through the email addresses they have set up with that ISP, and the prospect of trying to update their entire business network with "email us here instead now" and losing business from the resulting confusion and inconsistency is too big of a risk. What we'd really like to do is set things up to forward all email from their old accounts to some new accounts that are ISP-agnostic or whatever, but to my knowledge for the old email addresses to even remain active and capable of receiving mail to forward we'd still be needing to pay the ISP to keep the damn accounts active, thus defeating the whole point of switching over

Does anyone have any advice for how we could handle this situation? I'd really like for them to stop getting ripped off by this crappy company