• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
The creator of Dead or Alive and director of Ninja Gaiden announced his return on his Facebook account:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Considering it was his Xbox push with Ninja Gaiden that really got his name out there. I think it would be a good move for him to try and work with MS again.

Say what you will about Devil's Third but the game had a rad MP and the SP had interesting idea's and cool mecahnics (You don't get a lot of Gunkata games). Had that been something that obviously didn't go through some sort of development hell, we'd likely be talking about it as one of the great Action Titles.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
Considering it was his Xbox push with Ninja Gaiden that really got his name out there. I think it would be a good move for him to try and work with MS again.

Say what you will about Devil's Third but the game had a rad MP and the SP had interesting idea's and cool mecahnics (You don't get a lot of Gunkata games). Had that been something that obviously didn't go through some sort of development hell, we'd likely be talking about it as one of the great Action Titles.
Devil's Third was incredible, such an underrated game that doesn't get its due's

like you said its clear that it went through development hell, but it was still a great action game

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Well Microsoft did want a Japanese studio.

they could totally have him lead a fighting game franchise and a new ninja gaiden style title.

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I just assumed he was back in the sense that he was back on Facebook. Hasn't posted in a few months. Also yes for folks wondering he actually does chat up anyone that asks questions on there. Wouldn't be surprised if he went out for a beer with anyone who asked either lol.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Based Itagaki coming back to regain the crown of the action genre.
216212-itagaki_san.jpg

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Devils Third mp missed out on the battle royal genre. Could have been big.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS need Japanese input and support, plenty of Western gamers need to be catered for due to thier preference for Japanese games. Hope we see some news about this, Itagaki would be a great fit.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
People talk like he was the sole person on those games but without his team or a good team I just don't see him wowing anyone.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
by Microsoft? doubt

they'll get whatever multiplat game he might make, but singling out MS is a reach. his studio does a lot of contract work through their daughter studio, so Valhalla getting snapped up is unlikely (unless they split Soliel off)

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it had a lot of great ideas, and it's clear that the development hell played a role in where it ended up. Still, I can't imagine what he'd do for his next game given that Valhalla Game Studios was supposed to be his big independent breakout and has more or less fizzled.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What even is the publishing situation with Devil's Third these days? I know Nintendo published it, but apparently VGS had the rights to release the multiplayer component on PC?

Gouf

May 17, 2018
What even is the publishing situation with Devil's Third these days? I know Nintendo published it, but apparently VGS had the rights to release the multiplayer component on PC?
They released Devil's Third Online for PC in Japan, but it got shut down a couple months after its release in 2016. They then rebranded it as RockShot and put it on Steam as an early access free to play title in 2018, but that also got shut down a mere 3 months after it was put up.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully he's mellowed out a bit, I hated his demeanor and regard for other developers in the early aughts. He would talk so much shit about PS2, and the DMC team. Ironic how the tables turned on him, hopefully he's been busy working and focusing on his craft.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably just his return to facebook and interacting with fans, since he hasn't been active much. lol

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
HHAHAHAHAHA xo19? Bruh the only news we are gonna get is about a new controller and a limited edition Xbox. Nothing else

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully he's mellowed out a bit, I hated his demeanor and regard for other developers in the early aughts. He would talk so much shit about PS2, and the DMC team. Ironic how the tables turned on him, hopefully he's been busy working and focusing on his craft.

Honestly I kinda assumed his persona was mostly a bit given how over the top it was.

Oct 25, 2017
So, what actually happened with Valhalla? Were those reports of his employees mortgaging their homes to keep the studio afloat during Devil's Third development true?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017

I'd like to know this too. I think it was Nexon that released the multiplayer on PC in the form of Devil's Third Online.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
So, what actually happened with Valhalla? Were those reports of his employees mortgaging their homes to keep the studio afloat during Devil's Third development true?
I dunno' about this mortgaging stuff, but VGS Japan is still alive (they also shipped Momotaro Dentetsu 3DS a year or two after Devil's Third iirc) and their subsidiary studio Soleil made the recent multiplayer Boruto game and worked on Travis Strikes Again. From an outsider's perspective it seems to be business as usual.