• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Head Journalist Francesco Fossetti of Everyeye.it states in a recent Twitch stream that development of Elden Ring finished development months ago and if it were not for Covid-19, it would have been released a couple of months ago.

It has currently been stuck in the polishing phase and that phase (typically 8 months) has been shifted. I'm not sure what the situation is in Japanese development studios currently.

Here is the entire Reddit thread on it

Of course take it with a massive grain of salt. I have no idea how reliable this journalist is.

Last edited:

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Calling BS on this. A project at that stage of completion would have been shown off in one of this year's events.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
COVID started impacting game development in March. If it was really supposed to come out this year we'd have seen at least a bit of gameplay before that. And if it's really that close to completion they probably would've shown a trailer of some kind at one of the trade show replacements this year.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
Everyeye is probably the best italian videogame website out there, but I have no idea on how he would know that. Maybe he knows someone who is working on the localization?

Anyway it's a really good news, Dark Souls games are unpolished to the point of frustration.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Seems unlikely, we had 0 shown in terms of gameplay (or even a proper cinematic trailer)

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
No gameplay has been shown so far. No QA leaks either. So this statement is total BS or a message from the future that will be sent through a microwave.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Sure, so close to release and development finished like almost year ago but we don't even know what kind of game it is. 🤨

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
So they went like okay, we can't release this year, so we aren't going to do any marketing at all?

Very sceptical of this.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Gameplay reveal was supposed to happen this year but COVID messed up their plans. This guy knows nothing more than us here.

Scousefury

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that delayed Elden Ring was Demons's Souls Remake. They took one look at that and knew they had to up their game. A year delay allows them the freedom to ditch last gen versions and at least match the fidelity of Demon's Souls.

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Calling BS on this one. When GRRM can't even finish a book he has been working on for a long time when everyone is locked inside for the better part of a year I seriously doubt any other project involving him will grace us with an unexpected early arrival.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
The guy has the right connections, I don't really understand why he'd go on record saying these things tho when the game is still in the complete dark.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Calling BS on this. A project at that stage of completion would have been shown off in one of this year's events.

Right. I can't see them going from the trailer they actually have shown, to not even a small gameplay trailer even with the setback, to "it's just in the polishing stage now!".

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
So it would have been fully shown off at e3 to release in november maybe? Even if the release was delayed im not sure why they have been so adverse to showing the game, especially if its basically done.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.png

Oct 25, 2017
He definitely is one of the most famous journalist in Italy, and his site (everyeye) is definitely the biggest. I don't know why he would claim this though, that's interesting for sure.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit. Even if they had to shift release dates they would have at the least scrambled a trailer together to show the game off proper and start to drum up hype for a 2021 release.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Not buying this at all. We've literally seen nothing except a CGI trailer. If it was that far along, we'd have seen more of it by now.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Even if this were true they would have shown a trailer if they were in polishing phase

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
So they went like okay, we can't release this year, so we aren't going to do any marketing at all?

Very sceptical of this.

there's a chance that they thought there is no need to have a prolonged marketing campaign costwise amidst covid crisis. Maybe they'll just go full throttle 6 months before release. Regular pre-launch patterns don't seem to fit in post-covid world

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Lol, he doesn't know anything, he's just pretending in front of his young audience on twitch. He's been teasing Bloodborne 2 for years now, never happened

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
i doubt it and it make no sense
even if the game in final development phase
we didn't see anything about the game
nothing new only CG trailer
it hard to believe tbh

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Maybe they wanted to do a short gameplay reveal --> release campaign in terms of the timeline. Like Fallout 4.
It would make sense for Bethesda, not for From Software. In fact, I suspect Starfield was supposed to be revealed at E3 2020 and released this Fall, but Covid and the Microsoft acquisition pushed it to 2021. From Software doesn't have such history of short windows between the reveal and release.

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
It makes sense that From wanted to release a bit ahead of the early next-gen window (Demon's Souls and next-gen versions). If the pandemic made it uncertain then they had to push it quite a bit to also have next-gen versions ready.

It gives hope that it's not far away.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
It's been years since I've followed or spoken with anyone at Everyeye and I am not familiar with this journalist in particular but I doubt this is true. It could be but with the media we have seen released so far by From I seriously doubt that is the case.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is BS, we surely would have seen some sort of gameplay beforehand.