• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I would've loved to have heard Snake's thoughts on Cloud, Simon, Mega Man and all these other characters.... I think the reason is because Colonel Campbell's Japanese voice actor passed away hence why there no new ones were recorded despite Paul Eiding still being alive.

That was one of the my favorite things to do in Brawl, go to Shadow Moses as Snake and try to do a Codec Call. Pit's Guidances are.... good but not quite as good as the Codec Calls in my opinion, though that's probably a biased prespective since I'm more of a Metal Gear fan than Kid Icarus (never could beat the original NES game)

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I would've loved to have heard Snake's thoughts on Cloud, Simon, Mega Man and all these other characters.... I think the reason is because Colonel Campbell's Japanese voice actor passed away hence why there no new ones were recorded despite Paul Eiding still being alive.

or konami

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I remember how sad I felt when I excitedly went to shadow moses to do a codec call on Simon and got nothing. Ah well can't have everything haha

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It was neat as a kid back in 2008...but now?.ehhh I'd rather just watch a gameXplain video showing off all the codaec call/ platuenas guidance cause ain't no body got time for that

THube

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to see what they would do with Banjo's codec call... Would be perfect to mix the Banjo style of dialogue box with that.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Im surprised they didnt have something similar in ultimate for splatoon. Other games not getting new ones makes sense since they would have to record new lines, but for splatoon they could have just just reused the jibberish voices and put text bubbles.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Colonel: Snake, you know who that is?

Snake: You're kidding, right? It's ST Falcon.

Colonel: ST Falcon made its first appearance in 1992, and since then, it's become a worldwide phenomenon. There's probably not a single person who doesn't know ST Falcon. It's that famous.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason there aren't any new ones is because it would have been a resource drain. Every character that debuted after Brawl would have needed them. Every Brawl codec is already outdated too, especially Olimar (needs to account for Alph) and Sonic's (mentions Brawl by name).

They were already doing new Palutena's Guidances, and even the DLC characters aren't getting those.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Could've done something with Psycho Mantis' "So you like to play Castlevania dont you"

Though I don't think he ever codecs Snake, Sniper Wolf might be the only FOXHOUND who does besides liquid

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of this the other day. It does suck. I do wish that for the Joker DLC, we had futaba analyzing the enemy too. Regardless im thankful for snake we were able to get everything from the previous game intact.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Too bad since Joker was DLC, they couldn't at least get Cassandra Lee Morris to do Viridi's voice if she was in recording Morgana lines (though I don't know if all of Morgana's clips were just reused from P5.) I think she'd do a much better Walch approximation than the VA they got, since it sounds too distractingly different.