• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Considering the spirit of Sunny is that the characters don't grow and only worsen (even physically, aside from Mac getting jacked) I wonder if they couldn't figure out what to do with her as a shitty dirtbag character since the actual person lost a bunch of weight.

Always%2BSunny%2BOmaze%2BCampaign.jpg

I mean, it wouldnt be unheard of for drugs to cause a weight loss. Artemis was no stranger. She could be crickets new pcp dealer. Or deal crack to Dee and Dennis. Hope she comes back next season. And cricket didnt transform at all this season! It was super solid overall, definitely the most consistent in years. Really enjoyed all of them.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I liked that Poppins was revealed to be just as much a piece of shit as the gang is when he stole the blanket from the pregnant dog. Small thing, but such a great touch

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Based on my somewhat awful memory, the "Jumper" and the "Haircut" episodes were probably my favorite.

The laser tag and zoo episodes not so much. Wasn't really feeling the film noir episode that much either.

I guess there's something wrong with me that I end up enjoying the episodes where the gang ruins other people's lives the most.

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
I seem to be in the minority in that I thought the haircut episode was the weakest of the whole season. Didn't find it particularly funny and the metaphor was incredibly heavy handed, even moreso than The Gang Tries Desperately To Win An Award.

That laser tag episode felt like it could have been a series finale but for the very final gag.
The film noir episode was great, one of the better gimmick episodes.
Jumper episode was my favourite, the gang sitting around chatting/arguing is always the best set up.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
I thought the season ended pretty weak. The final 2 episodes were really bad. I wish they would keep it at least slightly grounded it really doesn't have to be such a cartoon. Frank burping in episode 9 was just so dumb for me, it was trying to hard to make him goofy and gross. I get that he's gross but it's just so over blown.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Season 14

Less high spots

Less callback episodes

At least the kind of callback episodes people complained about in the last 4 seasons which left little room for something fresh.

Oct 27, 2017
The last two episodes were great, especially the laser tag one which is five star (man) episode. Overall I'd give the season an 8/10 or even 9. Very strong overall, and absolutely incredible considering how long it's been running.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
The last two episodes were great, especially the laser tag one which is five star (man) episode. Overall I'd give the season an 8/10 or even 9. Very strong overall, and absolutely incredible considering how long it's been running.
with you on the enthusiasm over Waiting for Big Mo. the show did a Samuel Beckett parody about laser tag, the balls. it was hilarious and I couldn't believe I was watching it

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Solid season, not as bad as S13. Episode 8 is an all-timer for me, loved the simple premise of them being all together for a full ep with the weird banter.

There's always gonna be ups and downs with this show going for so long, but love that they can still churn out bangers here and there.

Last edited:

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
It was a parody of the play Waiting for Godot, which is just two guys waiting for someone who never comes and realizing that they're just doing the same stuff over and over
Bumping this because I finally just caught up and...everyone realizes the obvious meta subtext that the finale episode was a commentary on them making the show, right? I figured I'd see some talk about that here, but nothing lol

Ryno23

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for the new seasons to hit Hulu? Been checking all the time lol

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Finally got around to watching this season. I was a bit concerned after season 13, but this turned out to be one of the better modern seasons in overall quality.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I liked the first episode a lot but stopped watching the 2nd episode (thundergun) halfway through. Some of the episodes in recent seasons have been so blunt and thick with the satire that I find it hard to watch.

Like I agree with the actors and the points they're making and align politically with them but a lot of times it doesn't feel like Dennis or Frank Reynolds or Mac or Dee or Charlie are ranting, it feels like I'm just watching Glenn, Danny, Rob, Kaitlin and Charlie Day say these things sarcastically. Like it doesn't feel believable at all.

I know it's a comedy show so whatever, but idk. The show still has a ton of great moments so I don't just wanna shit on it, I'm mainly just wondering if anyone else feels the same as me

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The gag where Dennis texts "went to c lions" and then was like "See, quick, no confusion" and then the camera pans to the Sea Lion exhibit was hilarious

Edit: oh my fucking God the black and white episode is the best thing I've ever seen

Last edited:

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I liked the first episode a lot but stopped watching the 2nd episode (thundergun) halfway through. Some of the episodes in recent seasons have been so blunt and thick with the satire that I find it hard to watch.

Like I agree with the actors and the points they're making and align politically with them but a lot of times it doesn't feel like Dennis or Frank Reynolds or Mac or Dee or Charlie are ranting, it feels like I'm just watching Glenn, Danny, Rob, Kaitlin and Charlie Day say these things sarcastically. Like it doesn't feel believable at all.

I know it's a comedy show so whatever, but idk. The show still has a ton of great moments so I don't just wanna shit on it, I'm mainly just wondering if anyone else feels the same as me

It's barely believable by design, these are the stupidest, most selfish characters on TV.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've slowly been going through the latest season and I've felt it a huge improvement over the previous season or two.
Thundergun focus group was probably my favourite.The last line had me roaring.
Zoo ep, The Noire episode, Getting the bag of ice on a hot day were also good.

"Turn on motion smoothing"

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A bit late to the party, as a huge Sunny fan, I've noticed that there are TOO MANY writers besides the original trio. Has that always been a thing ? I mean S14 and S13 had like 9-10 different writers.
Compare this to Season 2 and 3 where almost every episode was written by either Rob, Charlie or Glenn. Season 2 and 3 had almost no duds and every episode was top notch. Now it's all over the place.Wish the trio would write most of a season ? And most of the writers from the last 3 seasons are fairly new. Some of the best other writers aren't there anymore. I didn't like most of Megan Ganzs written episodes BUT she did write Time's Up and that's arguably my fav episode of all time. So for that alone she has endless credit in my eyes. But some of these other writers ? oof.

Btw I much prefer to see a bad Sunny episode than no Sunny episodes at all. I know people say they should end it but that's a weird way of thinking. If you don't like it, stop watching. So the people who do like it can continue to watch. Maybe they'll go through a bad stretch of a few bad seasons only to turn it around and bring their best stuff ? Who knows. And ending it on a mediocre 2-3 consecutive seasons would be a bad way to end things. First time in these last 2 seasons where I wanted to quit watching the episode midway through. Really hope the trio can commit a bit more to the show.

Oct 25, 2017
Btw I much prefer to see a bad Sunny episode than no Sunny episodes at all. I know people say they should end it but that's a weird way of thinking.
And ending it on a mediocre 2-3 consecutive seasons would be a bad way to end things.
a6a08f2.gif

So if I understand you correctly, if the quality continues to go down they need to continue producing bad episodes until they have a good season and then *at that point* end it?

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
A bit late to the party, as a huge Sunny fan, I've noticed that there are TOO MANY writers besides the original trio. Has that always been a thing ? I mean S14 and S13 had like 9-10 different writers.
Compare this to Season 2 and 3 where almost every episode was written by either Rob, Charlie or Glenn. Season 2 and 3 had almost no duds and every episode was top notch. Now it's all over the place.Wish the trio would write most of a season ? And most of the writers from the last 3 seasons are fairly new. Some of the best other writers aren't there anymore. I didn't like most of Megan Ganzs written episodes BUT she did write Time's Up and that's arguably my fav episode of all time. So for that alone she has endless credit in my eyes. But some of these other writers ? oof.

Btw I much prefer to see a bad Sunny episode than no Sunny episodes at all. I know people say they should end it but that's a weird way of thinking. If you don't like it, stop watching. So the people who do like it can continue to watch. Maybe they'll go through a bad stretch of a few bad seasons only to turn it around and bring their best stuff ? Who knows. And ending it on a mediocre 2-3 consecutive seasons would be a bad way to end things. First time in these last 2 seasons where I wanted to quit watching the episode midway through. Really hope the trio can commit a bit more to the show.
your evaluation doesn't match how a writers room really works. they don't send off megan Ganz or whoever to come up with an idea and write a script completely on their own. they come up with episode ideas as a group, all pitch jokes and plot lines, and then one writer is delegated to put it all together, and then it's rewritten over and over as a group. Rob especially is still deeply involved with the conceptualization, writing, and execution of every single episode. whether he has a writing credit or not

Tedmilk

Avenger
Nov 13, 2017
I'm watching the whole show for the first time and I'm nearly done. Watched the S14 episode where they're texting at the zoo and I've got to say that was one of the best episodes of the show. Hilarious! Well written, perfect pacing, just ace.

I was stoned at the time though so maybe I laughed more than usual, but the GF was sober and she agreed with me.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Just did a netflix marathon and noticed a few episodes are gone. The lethal weapon episode was the first missing one I noticed. Is it because of the black face?