• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
1000 days ago a fat gold apartment owning failson turned gameshow host became the President of the United States. How did you feel then, and how do you feel now?

Oct 28, 2017
Can a mod fix this thread title? I think 'years' autocorrected to 'days'. Thanks.

Real talk tho, I feel like my health/body has deteriorated more in the last 3 years than it had in the entire preceding 31. A person is not meant to spend a significant chunk of time thinking/worrying about the president of the united states every. single. day. Yet here we are.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
It's getting tiring hearing of Trump every single fucking day and it's kicked in hard this year especially for me. People best get off their asses come November 3rd next year so we get someone who knows what they're doing and not fucking everything up

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm used to it the same way I got used to having an ingrown toenail a long time ago.

Sure it's painful, and a constant irritation, but it won't last forever and eventually it can just get removed.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Have you personally counted the days or did some website let you know? I think I'd go crazy if I counted the days.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Every time some news person says out loud the words, "President Trump", I still can't believe those two words are being said together. I also still can't believe that about 30% of the country believes every word Dear Leader says, despite him lying something like 13,500 times and never doing anything for those people, nor ever giving a damn about regular folks his entire life.

I look forward to him being the first POTUS in over 150 years to be impeached in his first term.

Everyone... VOTE! And not a throwaway vote for Stein. If RBG goes the SC will be stacked for generations.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Era's existed for less time than his presidency but I bet we have well over 10,000 Trump-related threads.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People said he wouldn't last a month back in the day but if he is re-elected that's nearly a decade of our lives gone with Trump in charge. How depressing is that?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I'm still surprised he won, and still question white people over it in my mind, its pathetic.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
hw3Clcn.gif

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I still cannot believe he's President.
every ducking day I wake up and something insane or shitty or insanely shitty has happened. It's honestly been even worse than I could've possibly imagined and then some.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can a mod fix this thread title? I think 'years' autocorrected to 'days'. Thanks.

Real talk tho, I feel like my health/body has deteriorated more in the last 3 years than it had in the entire preceding 31. A person is not meant to spend a significant chunk of time thinking/worrying about the president of the united states every. single. day. Yet here we are.
I feel that.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Surprised, back then. Honestly didn't think there were quite that many racist shitfuck morons in this country.

These days it just makes me depressed. If Biden gets the nomination it's going to be really really fucking depressing.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
After the election night I felt a certain dread.
It was palpable, sensed in the air. Of course in my household we were all shocked, amused even in a horrified kinda way. We did not think it all would sink so low. I slept just a few hours, with a mental heaviness that cannot be described. I avoided the news after the election for a couple of weeks, not because I was angry or upset or sad, but because I could not tolerate any more stupidity, and there was plenty on air.
Everyone could feel something was off throughout the next few days at work and elsewhere. Some of my friends said going places, the gym, the supermarket, etc, they felt other people angry and perturbed.

It wasn't until much later, maybe on inauguration, that I finally figured out and understood what was hissing like snake underneath in the shadows of my psyche. It was the knowledge that this was just the beginning, that it wasn't Trump mainly or specifically, but that he had been elected in a flawed system by a minority of racist, pieces of shit, yet still close enough to half the country who could not understand the idiocy of electing a reality television star, a racist, corrupt businessman, misogynistic, a narcissist, a mobster. Worse, they thought it was good to have such a businessman to run things like a business, because y'know how well businesses care for the welfare of all the working classes, and the insurmountable hypocrisy of the religious sects of the country voting for this asswipe to get their agenda established. This was the sign of the times, this was their President, a final fuck you to Obama and progressiveness.
Never did I believe this society would regress the way it had, I thought we would move forward and despite all the problems, we would conquer them and learn. Nope. I finally understood that it was not that we regressed, the inferiors, the cruel, the racist, the ignorant fucks of society were always there, the ones straddling the line could always be swayed and influenced and fooled, and it was never going to change. They will forever be beholden to the vagrancies of superficiality.
And despite the Chosen Orange One's incompetence, somehow, someday, the deplorables will elect someone competent who has learned the lessons of loudmouth charm, emotional manipulation, just to appeal to the lower passions of the hypocritical republican mouthbreathers.

Last edited:

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I paid more attention to the news and house/Senate hearings than I ever did in my entire life after the last election. It has been dreadful.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When he was elected I was horrified. I knew of his history and he was clearly inept and didn't have the maturity for the job. Now? I am very concerned that nearly half this country is too stupid to be allowed to vote, and the electoral college is clearly not something that should exist for another minute; minority rule is never a good thing.

Raleigh00

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was going to be shit, but as soon as Spicey came out talking about crowd sizes...I knew we had a reached a new level of shit and it's only gotten much, much worse.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's been 1000 years.

It does. I feel like more time has passed. The news cycle under Trump moves at a million miles an hour. I could barely tell you what scandal of Trump's was headlining the news 6 months ago. It is constant and relentless. And the language being throw around in right-wing circles, that a deep state coup is trying to unseat this president, it concerns me. I don't see how we return to normalcy. 40% of this country unequivocally supports the man. Family, friends, and neighbors. Coworkers. These people are deplorables and they aren't going anywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Donald Trump is a stupid fucking asshole and everyone who voted for him is a stupid fucking asshole and I fucking hate feeling angry every fucking day fuck.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its been a wild ride and pretty terrible. Though honestly not as bad as I initially expected due to the sheer stupidity and incompetence of the administration.