• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
1511228976783.gif

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I just watched the animated version and jesus christ the new movie JL sucks at teamwork. They got wrecked faster than the JL in the comics.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The best part about the original Death of Superman run was the Justice League getting absolutely obliterated once they encountered Doomsday.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Guy Gardener, Booster Gold, and Blue Beetle took more offense than Flash, Hawkman, Cyborg, and Aquaman. Wonder Woman did about as well as Maxima, and J'onn did about the same in both versions lol.
A year or 2 later and that lineup would ahve been Nuklon, Obsidian, Crimson Fox, and Metamorpho. And that was when Obsidian's biggest power move was blending in with shadows

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Better than what they do to Darkseid in the comics
Okay you got me there.

I watched the show back then and it was amazing to see superheroes on the live action small screen, but a lot of the effects didn't age well.

...and as I say this I see I may say this to the Arrowverse too in the future. I do appreciate the effort from that network though.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A year or 2 later and that lineup would ahve been Nuklon, Obsidian, Crimson Fox, and Metamorpho. And that was when Obsidian's biggest power move was blending in with shadows
Seriously, I'll never get why they decided to make JL almost nothing but C/D listers through most of the 80s and 90s.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Always a good opportunity to remind everyone that Smallville's Doomsday killed "Jimmy Olsen" only to reveal at his funeral that he had a little brother who was the REAL Jimmy Olsen.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I thought this was about the Death of Superman comic. I remember the justice league getting their asses handed to them by doomsday. They were the Yamcha, Tien , Krillin and Piccolo of that fight until Superman showed up.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Always a good opportunity to remind everyone that Smallville's Doomsday killed "Jimmy Olsen" only to reveal at his funeral that he had a little brother who was the REAL Jimmy Olsen.
Considering what happen to Jimmy in Dawn of Justice, was that so bad?

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I thought this was about the Death of Superman DVD . . . . which was hot trash. To be fair though, that Doomsday comicbook storyline was hot trash to begin with. Its an uphill battle trying to craft a good story that was designed for over-indulgent fight panels. Putting in JLA A-listers like WonderWoman and Batman (instead of JLI's quirky and lovable band of losers) only makes it look worse.

Justice Lords vs Doomsday (voiced by Michael Jai White) tackled that storyline much better . . . . relegating it to a side story to show-off how brutal and different the Justice League's parallel universe counterpart were.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, I'll never get why they decided to make JL almost nothing but C/D listers through most of the 80s and 90s.
Because it led to good comics? I'll take early JLI/JLE comics over almost any "real JLA" lineup outside of Morrison's run. The power level/popularity of characters on a team don't correlate to the quality of the comics, IMO.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Because it led to good comics? I'll take early JLI/JLE comics over almost any "real JLA" lineup outside of Morrison's run. The power level/popularity of characters on a team don't correlate to the quality of the comics, IMO.
Can you defend Extreme Justice in good faith?

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you defend Extreme Justice in good faith?
Not at all, nor would I attempt to do so.
When people talk about Justice League in the 80s and 90s they're usually talking about the two core books (JL/JLI/JLA (after JLE spins out) and JLE. The various spin offs were terrible, no doubt about that. Using them to damn the whole endeavor, however, would be a bit like saying that No Man's Land is not good because Larry Hama wrote an absolutely terrible Robin issue right in the middle of the otherwise great event.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Not at all, nor would I attempt to do so.
When people talk about Justice League in the 80s and 90s they're usually talking about the two core books (JL/JLI/JLA (after JLE spins out) and JLE. The various spin offs were terrible, no doubt about that. Using them to damn the whole endeavor, however, would be a bit like saying that No Man's Land is not good because Larry Hama wrote an absolutely terrible Robin issue right in the middle of the otherwise great event.
I am just joshing, if I didn't like bad comics staring obscure characters I wouldn't read them.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am just joshing, if I didn't like bad comics staring obscure characters I wouldn't read them.
Speaking of you reading obscure stuff - do you still read newer stuff or did you slow down? I know that when it comes to 80s-2000 or so you're probably unmatched in terms of what you know/have read but I don't see you talk about too many comics after that.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of you reading obscure stuff - do you still read newer stuff or did you slow down? I know that when it comes to 80s-2000 or so you're probably unmatched in terms of what you know/have read but I don't see you talk about too many comics after that.
I got to admit I am hella lapse, the last series i read seriously was Sideways

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
That justice league video only has 288 views, what a crime. I remember getting hyped as each member showed up and lost it when they got together lol.

KamenSenshi

Nov 27, 2017
dean cain is the best clark kent.
He was good, definitely had the regular guy thing going but there wasn't really much of a difference between his Clark and his Superman in how they acted from what I remember. I haven't seen it since original air date but I don't remember him having much of a persona difference. I'd personally put him second in terms of TV Supermen.