• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I only played the PSP version of P3, so I wouldn't mind a full 3D remake. That said, I see little reason to buy it if it doesn't feature the FeMC, and we all know it won't because Atlus continues to ignore her even in the upcoming P3D.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A remake would be nice. I'm tempted to replay P3P at some point, especially after enjoying Persona 5 and getting the itch to play some more Persona. But I don't have my PSP around anymore, and the PSN version for the Vita never seems to go on sale anymore.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of it has to do with their budget. Creating new models, writing and voicing new lines, and redoing the anime cut scenes would cut into their already pretty meager budgets.

I wonder if the relatively massive success of P5 raises that budget going forward.

Nickgia

Dec 30, 2017
Tartarus is better than any of the Persona 5 dungeons. I prefer the simple dungeon crawl layout with the goal of reaching the next floor rather than trying to figure out some puzzle while constantly being jumped by dogs.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, Atlus would certainly go out of their way to find some reason to justify excluding the P3P content.

Tartarus is mostly fine for what it is, imo.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda weird that Atlus, for some reason, decided to do a FeMC route for P3P, and then proceeded to never do it again and goes even further by trying to purge it from future spin-offs.

Witrh those new high-res assets for P3D, I feel like they'll do a remake, and I'll buy it. It'd be such a waste otherwise. Just update the combat system a bit, maybe. Followed by a P5 Vita port, which will lead to P6 for next-gen.

Shauni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda weird that Atlus, for some reason, decided to do a FeMC route for P3P, and then proceeded to never do it again and goes even further by trying to purge it from future spin-offs.

Witrh those new high-res assets for P3D, I feel like they'll do a remake, and I'll buy it. It'd be such a waste otherwise. Just update the combat system a bit, maybe. Followed by a P5 Vita port, which will lead to P6 for next-gen.

Considering that P3 basically had to be stripped down to make it to the PSP, I can see it. It was a way to add an additional sales point without a large amount of altercation to the game aspect plus The Answer being stripped out

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd settle for the PSP Persona titles and Golden on Switch or PS4 that way I could ditch my vita, but a remake would be awesome too.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMO

1) Make sure FemC is there
2) No more randomized Tartarus. Make it designed like P5's dungeons
3) Make the Full Moon areas full dungeons instead of extremely short little ventures
4) Slap in all of the FES content

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think I'm one of the few who really enjoyed The Answer in FES. The battles were fairly challenging and I liked the music and added plot. So I didn't mind that it lasted a decent amount of time.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would buy it. Hopefully it would include FeMC and MC's route will actually we reworked from the ground up.

Hero of Winds

Oct 28, 2017
I would love a P3 remake, it's desperately in need of a definitive edition. Things I'd like to see:
  • Improved battle system based on P5's with full party control, baton pass, etc.
  • Improved social links where you don't have to date every girl
  • FeMC
  • Improvements to Tartarus. No more randomly generated floors, have set ones with unique puzzles and challenges, like P5's dungeons. They would probably have to lessen the amount of floors in the process, but I think it would be worth it
  • Other quality of life changes, like benched party members gaining EXP and no more fatigue system
Also, I have to disagree with the English dub being bad. With the exception of Fuuka, Persona has had some consistently great English voicework.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really loved Persona 5, so I would be up for this. I can't imagine that the models were created for just the rhythm game, so hopefully it's on the way.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't really need a remake, just an up-res. It's still perfectly playable and looks great.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wish on psp they would have just stuck to 1 and 2 (and release both halves of 2) and kept 3 for vita

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
Absolutely it is one of my favorite Persona games but that also think it being the first one I played causes some bias.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that P3 basically had to be stripped down to make it to the PSP, I can see it. It was a way to add an additional sales point without a large amount of altercation to the game aspect plus The Answer being stripped out
I fully agree, but I think the brand has grown to a point where they could challenge themselves, narratively and technically, by including a FeMC option. It likely won't happen though.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'd love a both a remake/easier way to play persona 1 through 3 and even 4 honestly, all on one system. It's a tragedy that I can't play the best version of 1 through 4 all on one system. Imagine how awesome a persona collection would be, think one screen with all 4 of the best versions on one and you select your game and just enjoy. I have only played 4 golden and 5 and have actually been looking for a way to play the whole main series but I don't want to buy crippled/incomplete versions or bad translations. Ideally this could be a way for them to transfer the series to PC as well which would be a dream come true for me but even if its playstation only I'm a definite buyer.

PS: Atlus bring the whole series to PC, we are ready with our wallets. The day I can play the remade Yakuza games and persona games on my pc will be one of the best of my gaming life.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
There's not that much point to it. Persona 3 is easily playable on many platforms and its core gameplay look is repetitive enough that a remake would be moot. Tartarus in HD isn't going to change much.

And they would ditch FeMC again, even though it was the better written route by a mile and a half. I don't trust Atlus with a pen.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Only played 4G and 5. How emo exactly is the MC? I mean his silly hairstyle isn't helping as well.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I can't disagree more strongly. The game is beyond faceroll and I liked being able to make small improvements nightly instead of barely ever being able to go to Tartarus. In OG you actually had teammates. I'm not sure why they're even there in portable other than to make battles longer by guarding.
And you aren't wrong, which is why that's something that needs to be addressed in a theoretical remake. Having the controllable AI is bad, but for me so far it does seem like in P3P, the fatigue system is extremely forgiving and you can stay a long time.

I honestly feel like P3P would have hit the right spot if they kept the fatigue the same, including making party members go home if you return to the lobby and they are tired. It has many other balance changes that were for the better though. Healing in the lobby is no longer free, you have to pay at the clock now. The knockdown system is changed to P4's, and while in some respects that makes it easier, the enemies can abuse the same mechanics. There's plenty more.

However, I think losing to stuff that's beyond your control is way worse than the game being too easy. The AI in P3 and FES are quite awful and some of their programming really makes no sense. For instance: if you have someone set on heal/support, but someone else in the party healed everyone to full, and they have no support spells, they just attack! On the final boss that can completely screw you over.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a both a remake/easier way to play persona 1 through 3 and even 4 honestly, all on one system. It's a tragedy that I can't play the best version of 1 through 4 all on one system. Imagine how awesome a persona collection would be, think one screen with all 4 of the best versions on one and you select your game and just enjoy. I have only played 4 golden and 5 and have actually been looking for a way to play the whole main series but I don't want to buy crippled/incomplete versions or bad translations. Ideally this could be a way for them to transfer the series to PC as well which would be a dream come true for me but even if its playstation only I'm a definite buyer.

PS: Atlus bring the whole series to PC, we are ready with our wallets. The day I can play the remade Yakuza games and persona games on my pc will be one of the best of my gaming life.
If you have a PS3 or PS4 and PlayStation TV, you have access to the whole series.

PSTV plays digital PSP games, Vita cartridges, and of course Vita digital games.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I would love for this to happen. 5 was my first one and I tried going back, but 3 was just too annoying to get through. I really dislike the way the tartarus is set up along with the lack of control.

Plus with the dancing game it's not like they don't have models for it now.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Tartarus is better than any of the Persona 5 dungeons. I prefer the simple dungeon crawl layout with the goal of reaching the next floor rather than trying to figure out some puzzle while constantly being jumped by dogs.
Most definitely. The first time you step foot in Tartarus and hear that music makes your hair stand up.

I know a lot of folks hated it, but the music suite for Tartarus is one of my favorite things about the experience:

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
Tartarus makes this game by far the worst of the modern persona games and it doesn't even come close. I've been trying to beat p3p for 2 years now and I always quit because of how horrible it is.

Persona 4 dungeons are completely different. Goho-M saves your last location, every dungeon has some different theme, some of them have some of the best music of the series.

Persona 5 story dungeons are well crafted, though overstay their welcome. That causes youe party to be overleveled, so Mementos becomes unnecessary content that you can just rush through, fighting as little as possible.

Tartarus is really the only way to get levels in persona 3. And it's an awful grind. Not only the number of levels in there is insane. Distance between checkpoints keeps increasing. You ran out of mp? Sorry, go back to the previous checkpoint and try again.

Okay so you've finally found out that it's better to just run past shadows. You can't go down a level after reaching next checkpoint, so you could grind most efficiently. No, you need to go back to the previous checkpoint, run all the way through up to floor where you want to grind, and then pray you wont get hit by some critical hit, mudo/hama, death appearing, or party getting tired (assuming ps2 version).

Okay, so maybe I don't need to grind. Other persona games reward you for being good at their other systems (S.Links, fusion, crafting). I'll just use those to my advantage. Yeah right. Because grinding for levels is such a drag you will wait for a long time to get more fusing options available (it feels like less options/level, although I never bothered to compare). And even if you get all other systems right, you'll just run into some table who'll just spam megido and one-shot your party saying "Nuh-uh, go grind, this is old jrpg you're playing, you can't expect to win by outsmarting me".

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
If you have a PS3 or PS4 and PlayStation TV, you have access to the whole series.

PSTV plays digital PSP games, Vita cartridges, and of course Vita digital games.

Yea that's true, technically I can play them all but still for a series so popular these days there should be a way to get them all on one system, plus don't quote me on this but I saw a video a while back from Gamespot I believe on the history of Persona and they talked about where you can play each version and how the version is and I think 1 through 3 all had some type of issue, for example bad translations or censorship and I think one of them was missing some content. Just an annoyance really. Hopefully we can get either each best version placed on a single system or a collection of them in one package remake or not.

Oct 26, 2017
I'd rather they remake 1 and 2 personally. Stylistically they're so different from 3,4, and 5. I'd love to see them brought to life on modern consoles with updated gameplay.

shan780

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
UK
why should this happen before we get remakes of P1 and 2, which are both far more in need of a remake? we've had not one but two releases of P3 in FES and portable too

Deleted member 17347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would love a definitive edition of Persona 3. I tried both P3 FES and P3P but couldn't get into them because of the issues mentioned previously in this thread.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's the only game that uses the Calender system well.

The sequels just don't justify it well enough

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
why should this happen before we get remakes of P1 and 2, which are both far more in need of a remake? we've had not one but two releases of P3 in FES and portable too

Besides the fact that it's simply more popular then those games, there isn't a definitive version of Persona 3 yet. Unlike 4 which has Golden.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
While I think P1 and P2 probably need it more, I would love a remake of P3 using those lovely P3D models they have.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I always say I want P2 remade but if that would mean adding social links and updating the character designs again then maybe it's a "be careful what you wish for" scenario. I'd settle for a collected edition of the two PSP remakes, including EP and the new scenario in English, with the input lag / slow battle speed ironed out and the difficulty rebalanced so that it's consistently challenging instead of some bosses suddenly having huge damage drop-off mid-battle. I actually really like the visual style those games use and think the newer engines might rob them of some charm, but YMMV.

I really would just love to see a surge in 2 or even 3's popularity. I think P3P is great as it is though, I like it more than Golden (though please, no more P4 remakes).

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
IMO

1) Make sure FemC is there
2) No more randomized Tartarus. Make it designed like P5's dungeons
3) Make the Full Moon areas full dungeons instead of extremely short little ventures
4) Slap in all of the FES content

Uhh, points 2 and 3 would be an utterly massive amount of work - not to mention it would significantly change the nature of the game itself. That is WAY more than another version of Persona 3 could realistically be.

(I do like your thinking, though, don't get me wrong. P3 and P4 with P5-style dungeons? Hell yeah...)